• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I'm curious..How did you hear about MQ2? (1 Viewer)

DrmChld

RedCents
120¢
I'm curious how everyone here heard about MQ2. I found out about it after I got banned from WoW for using the no stun while my hunter had the run speed buff on. Then I returned to EQ(for 4th time lol) and wanted to have a little more fun with it. This is where I did some google searching and found the MQ2 site.

I know a lot of people use it, close friends even entire guilds. On my server the LSMM has an entire guild sitting around it 24/7 (when the double-exp was going on there was over a 150+ people in LS)

Now, how did you hear about MQ2? Would you share it with your guild or friends? Do you discuss your MQ2 use in game?

There are times where I want to share it along with close friends in the game and then go to town. Then there are the times where a close friend ends up turning face and being a complete ass.

Tell us your stories on how you came about MQ2.

I used to do scripting in old text muds for semi-automation and then played around with some full automation scripting abilities in Gemstone III on AOL (another mud but bigger). When I started playing EQ I automatically started looking for automation tools for the grinding parts of the game and found the original MQ with Plaz at the helm. Been compiling ever since, only banned on one account for doing something stupid.

I never advertise it to friends or guildies but I can sometimes spot another Macroquester and I've talked to a couple in game. I'd love to hook up with a guild of redguiders or macroquesters on the rathe but I'd be reluctant to join up with anyone who would do something stupid and out us.

old guild leader of mine talked about how he had made 500k basically MAKING yantis. he ran some crazy number of machines in a data center on ALL servers macroing TS crap when you could turn profits off vendors from trade skilled items.

he basically talked about how he was generating some crazy number like 100k an hour per server 24/7 and was selling to yantis in 1million plat blocks. This was back in the glory days of EQ when the 2ndary market was crazy good and you could sell 100k for 80 bucks on player auctions.

I naturally got interested back then and started looking around. I didn't get that into MQ until much later when my oldest gaming buddy started MQing.

I found MQ through ShowEQ. Basically I was playing around with Xylobot and ShowEQ trying to parse logs and go to spawns. A guy on the forums told me "Hey, check out MQ it does everything you want."
It was before cheese, made alot of cash during C6 and Bows, then got into Powerleveling, love nadox!
Then the armies of chinese clones came in and pushed prices on everything down, so now I just mess around with MQ2 for my own devious purposes, I guess catching up on 5 years of making money playing EQ instead of actually playing it!

I was given a very ubah account with end gear from Tacvi around the time OOW came out from a friend of mine that retired, and rather than being called an ebayer, etc. Decided to start a character from scratch and transfer the equipment from the old character. I was at the time using the crimson potion trick that worked at placing things into shared bank one at the time. Pretty soon that got nerfed and I decided to checkout MQ. Posted something on their boards about doing this and got flamed and cursed at till no end. Someone PM'd me about RedGuides and I never looked back.

Fun things I remember doing ..... More than once called Vish egg pop direction as "NULL" when I didn't have it targeted right in a macro I wrote, have had mages curse at me since they couldn't summon me, had stick on more than once on a rampaging Tacvi mob or Ture when he "surveys his attackers" and died, typed in "autostick" or "docrack" without the slash so people can see the text,....

was at a friends house and he had it on his computer and told me about it, but never set me up then i figured out how to complile it through macroquest forums!

I googled for teh EQ haxxors!

Actually a guildie i had in a guild i used to lead used to get us out of situations using it.

We once wiped in Vex Thall and had no way to get our rogues back to use to rez and drag people etc. Was very messy.
Then he send me a tell ( i was officer/RL at the time) saying he can get it.
And wtf he did! VT raid was saved wuuwuu

So i started quizing him on how he did it and he told me. So i learned how to compile my own stuff etc and learned from there. I only used basic docrack / map etc and ocassionaly he would give me warp plugin.

It wasnt until i found redguides til i found there was some wicked stuff out there !

I don't tell a soul that knows me.

I even went so far as to go /anon so guildies wouldn't know I was in Lavastorm/Sol doing the MM there. They might ask me to run them through the MM and I don't even know how I would go about it without the macro...

I'd have to fake it or give some excuse. It's bad enough that I keep dumping Clockwork item's into GB for other's to use. I'm hoping my MQ use stays a secret.

I found out about Mq2 on playerauctions, someone was selling a compile of it. I haven't told anyone that I use it except a RL friend. When I use the /link and show links to people they always ask how I get the links and I say linbot, then they ask me the name...I always make up an excuse like a friend set it up so I just type /link. I'd only use mq2 with friends if I knew them in RL, and I think I'm close to getting one to quit wow and play eq with me.

BordonDrumer said:
When I use the /link and show links to people they always ask how I get the links and I say linbot, then they ask me the name...I always make up an excuse like a friend set it up so I just type /link.
Only an idiot would fall for that one. Any foreign commands are done through MQ2. I'd say it's a private linkbot my friend runs and I don't want it banned.

I read on eq forums about people on Sullon Zek were somehow warping around. I did some research, since I couldn't let them hog all the fun, could I?

Funny, how the people so adamant about not cheating, lay it down right in front of you. I think there are far more MQ2ers than people would like to believe.

I would not recommmend it to anyone that cares about their account. My brother talked about using it, and I told him not to if he didn't want to be banned. I would never talk about MQ2 with anyone in EQ. I'm sure this rogue in my guild has MQ2, because he runs Sabotage missions for the whole guild in about 5s flat. Strange, how no one asks him how the heck he does it.

Easy_Moder said:
I'm sure this rogue in my guild has MQ2, because he runs Sabotage missions for the whole guild in about 5s flat. Strange, how no one asks him how the heck he does it.

LoL, they ask him, believe me. I got running it legit with my Cleric/shroud cleric combo in about 2 minutes + - . And asked guildes if any need the upgrades for alts or what ever. After every time I get about 5 or 6 tells from them asking how I do it so fast. I tell them "The same reason the ladies love me! Quick Fingers" LoL

hehe mine is a funny story... my friend and i were 1 grouping PoP Tower names back when GoD came out... Then someone droped the ball and I was like shit, we all wiped... except for my friend. I asked him hey man how in the hell you make it out your a paladin. He said get on AIM and ill tell ya all about it. So i do and he says that hes able to get mq2warp from a friend of a friend and most time doesn't have it, but til next patch hes money. He said he'd make me a compile if i gave him my auth codes... i then looked up mq2 online. I laughed and said shit man I can do the compile im a computer science major lol.
So I ran through compiled MQ2 and then started looking at the plugins to track down mq2warp. Luckly for me mq2warp source was posted on RPG Expert with instructions even a monkey could follow.
How I got to redguides was my intrest in the mq2zone plugin. I wanted to get the source for it and it just happened to be posted on the website that they had it. payed my 5.95 for a month and got it... Once on the site i made a couple contributions doing macros and such and some basic plugins. Needless to say i've only ever payed for one month and I believe my membership runs out sometime in 2008 or something lol. Although I do miss the old redguides before all the pre compilers and shit. More source code and more inside information. Now, its more or less ya have to go through chat rooms and IM's to get the good shit anymore.
Laterz,
Noobhaxor

I came to MQ because I was looking for exploits to farm Plat ... signed up with EQUnderground got the guide ... was kinda dissappointed, then I received an email saying that it was moving to Redguides .... and after bugging RedBot enough times about the calender ... then I got admin .... :D

I was summoning everyones corpse setting up for Xegony. I summoned the invite and announced that necro coth was closed. About 30 seconds later another enchanter logged on. I was about to tell another necro to levant when my invite invited me to a group with the enchanter.

I think i said something to the effect of "How the fuck did you do that?"

the only resonce i got was a phone number...

good times.

I saw a rouge zone in then his corpse poped at his feet like 3 seconds after he zoned in. I pst and said
"How the fuck did you do that?"
(same as evil nero lol) He pst me to IM him and now im here :) So i guess redguides needs a couple careless people out there to get the word out lol. Thats why i always check /mapfilter pc on b4 i do anythin anymore

when your guildy goes from 23-70 in a week or 2 and is perma afk it raises questions so after threatening to GR him he fessed up told me to log on aim and here i am i must say most i use is /zone /target /warptarget and tracking all i need really been using it for a while now it really makes eq fun not spenindg 30 minutes of your time just trying to get to the zone you want to be in.

Got into eq as a way to suck up to my boss, got a rl friend involed and after a few years just got tired. i always heard of people cheating someway but never could find out how. after quiting for a bit came back, and my rl friend
one day told me he would pl my alt, so i went to cc and he told me to die at zone in and he wouldrez me at our camp. after the rez i looked at the map and we were deep into the zone asked him how he did it, he called me and
told me anotheer rl friend had got him into mq2 since then have been using alot of features. i honestly would have stopped playing eq if it werent for mq2.

logged GOOGLE
typed = Cheats for everquest and hit research
google search gives you many answers and if you check the commercoal link section, you notice Redguides.com
thats how i first heard of MQ2

i never told ANYONE i was using it and i wont

Well, you beat me to it.

Google: "Everquest" +"Exploit" = Redguides.com

Actually, it took me to a site that mentioned EQUnderground, went there-got redirected to redguides.com.

I had quit eq for like 6 months because I was real bored in the game. A friend of mind had just got back from arizona training with the army and started playing eq again and told me about this program he was using to warp/gate/zone and all sorts of things, made eq sound fun again. So I reopened my account and the rest is history!

I was part of the only guild (possibly in eq history) in solro history to get disbanded for using MQ....it was a requirement for joining. AoT forever... I had used it before that but never with plugin's like there are now, mainly to use the map.

I heard about it when i was looking for some cheats one day and found a sight that sold the plugins for like 9 bucks a pop but the catch was you had to buy MQ2 for 4.50 which was not actually buying the MQ2 but the compile of it cause MQ2 is free *wink wink* So anyway EQ patched like real soon after taht and the guy took forever getting me an update all the while I was reading the MQ2 sites , gleaning and learning. When I got my new compile in the mail in the scroller bar it said ...NDAWGS COMPILE something something yada yada WWW.REDGUIDES. Thanks NDAWG for being a beacon in the storm! :D

I'm curious..How did you hear about MQ2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back