• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I'm a different kind of Addict. (1 Viewer)

WeEatDeadPeople

RedCents
Ill admit it. Im so addicted to mmorpgs, Im not even addicted to playing them, Im addicted to preparing to play them.

When I get in the MMO mood, I spend countless work hours browsing websites on how to make the absolute best possible gnome ranger or similar. I will look up and print out reams of quests, maps, and etc. I will actually organize this stuff, probably throwing it all into a booklet.

I'll spend 5 days agonizing over the decision between a Halfling druid and a Iksar necromancer, only to delete both of them or decide the game is boring inside 10 of ten minutes.

I have a few copies of NWN, im not sure how they accumulated. But ill actually plot out every single character point, skill point, etc on a spreadsheet in excell. Play the game for 5 minutes then remember why I hate it.

Really, I should make a game entirely based on rolling characters

HELP MEH!

ooh, excel spreadsheets!

wonderful!

i too am adicted to fantasizing about the progression of my character in fantasy role playing games...i find it much more satisfying than actually playing them.

most notorious was morrowind. i only ever took one character out of that little town you start in, but i must have spent days upon days at that final character acceptance page. tweaking and tinkering. i had great adventures and characters without ever hitting that "ACCEPT" button. once i did, it was all downhill for me.

Ill admit it. Im so addicted to mmorpgs, Im not even addicted to playing them, Im addicted to preparing to play them.

When I get in the MMO mood, I spend countless work hours browsing websites on how to make the absolute best possible gnome ranger or similar. I will look up and print out reams of quests, maps, and etc. I will actually organize this stuff, probably throwing it all into a booklet.

I'll spend 5 days agonizing over the decision between a Halfling druid and a Iksar necromancer, only to delete both of them or decide the game is boring inside 10 of ten minutes.

I have a few copies of NWN, im not sure how they accumulated. But ill actually plot out every single character point, skill point, etc on a spreadsheet in excell. Play the game for 5 minutes then remember why I hate it.

Really, I should make a game entirely based on rolling characters

HELP MEH!

Hahaha I was the same way. The only reason I stick with WoW so long is because I see it as more of a way for me to socialize with a bunch of my friends. Other than that, I usually burn out on a game after two weeks.

There is a small sense of wanderlust I get whenever I create a new character on WoW, particularly when it is a new race or new class. After leveling a night elf rogue for a little while, my second character (my Gnome Mage and main) was really quite magical (as mages tend to be).

My last fav hobby was to try to plan how to bid DKP (my guild uses an normal open bid DKP system). Parameters factored in included how often an item drops, how large of an upgrade it is over my existing equipment, how many other people would be expected to bid on it (& about how much), and how much I could bid and still maintain a DKP advantage of at least one against my fellow class-mates.

In the end, though, I discovered I was too frugal & had way more DKP the others, & the items I had been saving for rarely dropped. When they finally did, I had multiples more DKP stashed away than I needed. Conversally, my friend who just prodically bid on every single item that he wanted--up to "all-in" if necessary--had collected everything he wanted months before I did. It kinda took the fun out of it. :-(

I have minor issues with the pre-gaming/planning. My current way to fill my time in WoW is by farming the AH to collect trash items to gear the new char I plan on rolling in the expansion. I currently have full sets of armor for the teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, and am most of the way done with the 50s pieces. I have also collected 16 or so blue weapons to use as it progresses, bags, cloth to skill bandaging, etc. I also have hundreds of gems saved and am stockpiling metals to level jewelcrafting as quickly as possible. I will probably level this new warrior I am making to ~30ish and get bored with it and quit. I already have a 60 warrior and a 55 warrior I am just making another one to look a little different.

My interest in different games is just as bad. I started playing EQ2 again this weekend. I think this is like the 7th time I have decided I will play EQ2 some. I always start out by looking at EQ2 sites, looking over all of the abilities and thinking how cool it sounds to play X class. It always looks so much more interesting than it ends up being. I think in all my EQ2 time my highest character is like 25. I just can't keep myself interested. I also tend to do this with AO for some reason. Reading up on AO always makes me interested in rolling up a new crat or some other bullshit class which typically makes it to maybe 50 tops...

The worst part is when I explore all of the games that might be okay to play, I tend to start buying games I know suck to get my mmo fix. Even though I typically quit after a couple days. RFOnline and Dark and Light were the most recent of this variety. I think I have a level 15 in DnL and a level 5ish in RFOnline?

Oh well salvation is on the way... Soon it will be time to start pregaming for Conan, Vanguard, and Warhammer... Yay?

all my characters look exactly the same... same skin color, face, hair style, and hair color. they're just different classes.

then they all have a variation on isobelle for the spelling.... isobelle, ixobelle, izobelle, etc.

i'm good like that.

I hear you, i spend a lot of time hyping up and doing the race/class combo tango and it seems funner than when you actually start playing

its USUALLY a symptom of alt-a-holics though :P

ive been playing my WoW mage fairly steady now and its relieving

I'm a different kind of Addict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back