• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - If you restarted on a new Server, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,333¢
With the new heroic toons there's an opportunity to start relatively advanced on a new Live server. If you were to take the jump, what server would you start on and why?

I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions as I'm thinking of using the 6 heroic slots on my already heroic group to try something a bit different than FV. Curious what everyone else would do.

Probably FV....if for no other reason then simplifying gearing/augging all the army up, but like hell am I rebuilding another army to the same extent I already have.

I moved all my characters to FV when my friends quit a couple of years back. I like FV a lot, but I find that I'm not as engaged there as I am on Live servers.

I had played on FV when it first opened and I remember selling coldain rings. I thought being able to buy things would be cool because I'd spend less time gearing and more time playing. Especially since I don't have time to raid.

However, there was some component of fighting to get gear that was actually part of my fun. I didn't realize this before, but I think it's tied to the same reason that Test has no draw for me. It doesn't feel like I've "earned" it so I get less sense of accomplishment. I've still been playing on FV primarily because that's where my geared up characters are.

I started characters on a regular live server because I know a few people who play there, but I haven't made it very far. I'm heavily considering joining the new TLP.

I know that doesn't help with your Heroic question, but just saying that I do think the Live experience is still compelling.

Since posting this originally one of my thoughts was to do another bit of nostalgia or perhaps honor trip and create the heroics on Bristlebane which was the server I first played on so many years ago. I can relate to the missing on certain elements of the "game reward loop" on FV and to some extent test.

Definitely thinking about the new TLP when it starts up...

I don’t know if this idea is stupid or not but I was thinking..... Let’s face it the game has so much content at lower levels but the prob is it’s obsolet, and easy to skip because you know what you can get in a few levels. TLP just doesn’t do it for me because I already know what I’m missing. My stupid idea was to have a revamp, and just have the starting level be Heroic, and adjust the older zones accordingly, but now that I think on it they kinda did that already in some aspects. I would love to see something to break the “staleness” though.

Probably whatever server Quellious or Rathe is now merged into.

If tomorrow I woke up to all of my accounts banned, would I start again? Yes, I would create a single 6 man team. I wouldn’t care about “maxing our damage” or “sick 10 second kills”. The group would be 6 classes I’d want to play solo

Would I continue on Bristlebane? Probably not.

Would I go to a TLP? I am 99% sure I would, however, TLP lifespans are quite short due to how often they launch.

I’d actually be interested in rocking a TLP group with RG level 2 users.

Question - If you restarted on a new Server, what would it be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back