• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - If I wanted to make a FTP raid force (1 Viewer)

I'm just trying to build a raid force in case I have to go it alone or with another person or two. I have 20+ 120 all in T1 and T2 over 7 gold accounts. You name it and I have 2. But if I'm adding free toons what should I add? Seriously.

I haven't tried it with any of my rogues, but I do have a bst on a ftp account. He's fairly underwhelming. The lack of decent augs is a big deal. Mage / Necro army would be my call.

So if I'm making a free raid force I am guessing I need to make Mages, Necros, Beastlords, Rogues, Zerkers is that about right?

Beastlords, Rogues, Zerks are highly dependent on Dex and without Dex they suck, yeah they work but the crit rate is extremely low etc. for our F2P we rock Casters because all the augs do for casters is provide more mana

Rogues are pretty badass at lvl 115 with max aas and even with faded snowbound gear they are putting out lots of dps with back stabbing

If you were building 24 guys FTP and you could sub them longer than one month if needed. What would you make?
what system you running to be able to have 24 instance of EQ running at same time ? thats what i want to know lol

my system i can load maybe 10 in without too much lag or heat .. and yes my system is alil dated but I do have a PC with a Graphics card with 6gb and 16g ram it is an old 6-core processor though .. FX series

what system you running to be able to have 24 instance of EQ running at same time ? thats what i want to know lol

my system i can load maybe 10 in without too much lag or heat .. and yes my system is alil dated but I do have a PC with a Graphics card with 6gb and 16g ram it is an old 6-core processor though .. FX series
your 16 gig of ram is going to be your bottle neck probably

make sure you're using framelimiter

If you were building 24 guys FTP and you could sub them longer than one month if needed. What would you make?
24 wizards...so I would win top of raid gimp force for sure.

haters GIF

It doesnt take a Cray to run EQ.. however EQ is shit for RAM management (framelimiter helps) and then CPU cycles (DBG fixed the thread to core CPU affinity.. but DBG's :shrug: ).GPU just has to push your monitor display(so dont need a zomg 4XXX, a 2 series is more then enough in 99% of cases).

So assume 1g of ram per client (can be 50% higher or lower depending on your settings.. or 5000% higher (check beta bugs lolz)), 4-6 instances per core (on a semi modern CPU), and a general 1-2 year old GPU (no sapphire or zotac junk). Some of the folks here run madness PC's and or server boxes.. my etch a sketch handles raids just fine.

Discussion - If I wanted to make a FTP raid force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back