• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - If I wanted to make a bunch of FTP (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,730¢
What toons should I make? Should I sub them to get to 120 or 125 and then let it expire?
If I wanted to make like 20 toons
Can someone tell me how?
I mean what I do differently that my paid accounts?
Thanks in advance.

Great question.
I'm poor so that's what I am doing atm. I read a bunch of guides and they all say grind. Do some more grinding and then finish off with a whole Lotta grinding. Then there's the AA thing........
lol, no seriously, I'm doing ftp. (Planning on 1 sub when I can afford) I reached lvl 60 last night with one group. And that's after a couple months. So, don't do what I do. Hopefully someone will chime in and I can see what I'm doing wrong.
I guess it's not wrong, just slow. I'm still having a blast.

Not sure if PLing is an option for you, but this is what I did:
1) Start a google spreadsheet to hold account/email/char/group info
2) Make 4 or 5 but never 6 accounts per day per email address (you'll get flagged for 2fa)
3) Do tutorial in groups and get to 10
4) CLR DS Pulling in Crescent Reach until 20 or so
5) Golden Pick Quest line but stop after getting #3 and the pick on one toon per group
6) Grounds PL until can group with my mains
7) Slow AF grinding/missions to get everyone up to speed and geared (this is where I am now and would be less of a problem if I wasn't cheap and subbed all my mains but I don't have quite enough playtime to justify it in my mind so here I am lol)

This is all subject to change in the new expansion obviously, but up to and including NoS the way that I have been handling my f2p characters is fairly streamlined -- I play on FV so that makes things a *lot* easier.

I will create 6 accounts per email per day, I will *not* use them for at least a week (so far I have not gotten hit with any 2 factor authentication over my last ~40 characters, this is a tiny sample size and might just be luck).
After at least a week, I will create 6 characters -- I like to PL a group at a time, you can obviously do whatever you prefer. Normally for my "f2p" groups I will have a subbed tank and 5 unsubbed accounts.
Hand out golden picks to all 6 characters, once you reach that step of the quest you can literally just hail the guy, get a pick, parcel it, abandon the mission, hail the guy, get another pick, rinse repeat. (FV privilege)
I have wizards bound in the key locations that I use for powerleveling so I can just port the new group there, first step is usually getting them to pok, setting up a fellowship and getting the insignias on them all, after that I port them over to do the quest in Icefall glacier; pick up a ground spawn, turn it into a guy in crescent reach and you're instantly level ~12, which means you can proc the golden pick.
Next I port them to whichever zone I'm using to PL from 12 to ~85. SK with healer merc pulls a bunch of mobs, aoe agro, lowbies use hitall mac, let DS kill mobs. Takes about an hour if you use lesson and you're not slacking.
From 85 to 90 I have some level 115 groups I add them to, at 90 I will add them to 120 groups and set up fellowships with my maxed out characters boosting the new ones. There is an excellent guide on how fellowship works here https://www.redguides.com/community...pro-guide-to-using-fellowship-vitality.87920/ (although you might have to wait on the cooldown from making the original fellowship, I tend to stagger these things by 24 hours or whatever the cooldown is automatically).

This is what I do if I plan on buying the most recent expansion, if you just want complete f2p, you obviously just stop at whatever the level cap is. Once the characters reach level 120. I will gear them and use a krono once per f2p account, this starts a timer where you have to max aa within the 30 days -- which again is fairly trivial depending on how much you play, FV bonus obviously helps. So far I have had by far the most success with caster dps (necro/mage) being f2p, I feel like melee characters are simply too gimp with poor weaponry and terrible hdex augs. If I end up using a second krono within a year (mostly if/when an expansion drops) I will then use the 1000 DBG coin on the rank II spell unlocker.

This is all subject to change in the new expansion obviously, but up to and including NoS the way that I have been handling my f2p characters is fairly streamlined -- I play on FV so that makes things a *lot* easier.

I will create 6 accounts per email per day, I will *not* use them for at least a week (so far I have not gotten hit with any 2 factor authentication over my last ~40 characters, this is a tiny sample size and might just be luck).
After at least a week, I will create 6 characters -- I like to PL a group at a time, you can obviously do whatever you prefer. Normally for my "f2p" groups I will have a subbed tank and 5 unsubbed accounts.
Hand out golden picks to all 6 characters, once you reach that step of the quest you can literally just hail the guy, get a pick, parcel it, abandon the mission, hail the guy, get another pick, rinse repeat. (FV privilege)
I have wizards bound in the key locations that I use for powerleveling so I can just port the new group there, first step is usually getting them to pok, setting up a fellowship and getting the insignias on them all, after that I port them over to do the quest in Icefall glacier; pick up a ground spawn, turn it into a guy in crescent reach and you're instantly level ~12, which means you can proc the golden pick.
Next I port them to whichever zone I'm using to PL from 12 to ~85. SK with healer merc pulls a bunch of mobs, aoe agro, lowbies use hitall mac, let DS kill mobs. Takes about an hour if you use lesson and you're not slacking.
From 85 to 90 I have some level 115 groups I add them to, at 90 I will add them to 120 groups and set up fellowships with my maxed out characters boosting the new ones. There is an excellent guide on how fellowship works here https://www.redguides.com/community...pro-guide-to-using-fellowship-vitality.87920/ (although you might have to wait on the cooldown from making the original fellowship, I tend to stagger these things by 24 hours or whatever the cooldown is automatically).

This is what I do if I plan on buying the most recent expansion, if you just want complete f2p, you obviously just stop at whatever the level cap is. Once the characters reach level 120. I will gear them and use a krono once per f2p account, this starts a timer where you have to max aa within the 30 days -- which again is fairly trivial depending on how much you play, FV bonus obviously helps. So far I have had by far the most success with caster dps (necro/mage) being f2p, I feel like melee characters are simply too gimp with poor weaponry and terrible hdex augs. If I end up using a second krono within a year (mostly if/when an expansion drops) I will then use the 1000 DBG coin on the rank II spell unlocker.
This is an incredible wealth of information. Thanks so much!!

I do 5 at a time always with a bard as the 6th...to be fair I only use bards for CC so they would be there anyway. I use a druid to pl them up to 25 or so, then switch to a tank to mass pull zones and have the bard do his thing with chords. I haul along a mage for DS and coh'ing. With that system, you can wind up in Grounds in a day to take them to 82 or 83 and then to VoA for more mass pulling to 90. Then can group them with the tank and go from there. It is around that time I krono them since they are worthless in the group without aa's. Probably a faster way of doing it but it works reasonably quickly and only requires limited attention. The bard will eat it once in a while but it is a quick rez and back to business.

I'm in the same boat. I need to start bringing some other groups up at some point, and my PL skills are weak.

I hear a lot of talk about the golden pick, but have no idea what its used for. Is it used by the powerlevel-ee to damage a mob before the the powerlevel-er kills with DS?

I hear a lot of talk about the golden pick, but have no idea what its used for. Is it used by the powerlevel-ee to damage a mob before the the powerlevel-er kills with DS?
Yup exactly. It's an unresistable 1 damage proc so your level 1 can hit a level 85 mob and get the kill credit for having done the most damage when it dies to your tank's DS

All I know is do the Icefall trick (pick up the ground spawn and take it to Hemfar in Crescent Reach) to get to level 12 in one jump.

And after that......I get close to level 20 in the Moors or Cresent Reach. There is a staff in Cresent Reach I like to get for everyone. Easy quest. Great Staff of the Dark Apprentice - there is a melee and caster version

The I get the Adventure Stone quest so they can all use the Magus if needed.

And after that its just whatever is of interest. Since I am usually level 20 by now I will get the hot zone dailys from Teek and hang out in whatever zone that is. Usually get a couple near my level in case I get bored with one or don't like it

LDON are good exp level 60 ish, the farm in DSH, Gribbles only I do Martha's cause they are easier around 75 and up and then the other dailys that cousin teek ports you to.

Discussion - If I wanted to make a bunch of FTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back