• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - I have another 24 hours without Internet or TV (1 Viewer)

I have a full collection of retro games on old Playstation and Nintendo systems with many many RPGs and other genres. I have thousands of hours worth of entertainment ready for me to go through if a major internet blackout happens.

Otherwise I got J.R.R Tolkien's books of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in case of a power outage.
Cat Coffee GIF by Cat's Cafe Comics

I'm sorry...I know it's not fun, but I can't help but giggle to myself just a little. Some of us actually grew up that way on a day to day basis until the late 80's. There was no such thing as internet for me until I was grown and had kids of my own. When I was a kid, we were too poor to have more than one tv in the house. I was 14 when I got a 15" tv in my room, and that was only because my parents finally upgraded to a 23". I was lucky enough to have cable though so it was parked on the MTV channel. I was hooked on Headbanger's Ball. So...I guess if I had to endure it now for a few days, I'd just go back to playing cards or board games with the fam. Maybe do something that kept my hands busy like drawing, painting, or crotcheting. Books are always a great way to kill time too, if you don't mind reading. Wasn't one of my favorite things to do. Best of luck finding something to keep you busy one more day! :)

I'm sorry...I know it's not fun, but I can't help but giggle to myself just a little. Some of us actually grew up that way on a day to day basis until the late 80's. There was no such thing as internet for me until I was grown and had kids of my own. When I was a kid, we were too poor to have more than one tv in the house. I was 14 when I got a 15" tv in my room, and that was only because my parents finally upgraded to a 23". I was lucky enough to have cable though so it was parked on the MTV channel. I was hooked on Headbanger's Ball. So...I guess if I had to endure it now for a few days, I'd just go back to playing cards or board games with the fam. Maybe do something that kept my hands busy like drawing, painting, or crotcheting. Books are always a great way to kill time too, if you don't mind reading. Wasn't one of my favorite things to do. Best of luck finding something to keep you busy one more day! :)
Man you are preaching to the choir I'm 53 I was 27 before I got my first TV. And Growing up I was the TV remote. That doesn't mean I can't miss EQ.

I have Heat 2 on Audible that was what I was thinking.

Man you are preaching to the choir I'm 53 I was 27 before I got my first TV. And Growing up I was the TV remote. That doesn't mean I can't miss EQ.

I have Heat 2 on Audible that was what I was thinking.
I was the remote too!!! LOL Yay GenX!! I don't blame you for missing it. It's hard to be without anything you're used to having.

My wife and I do puzzles. Once completed we glue, frame, and hang on walls for home decor. We also fish regularly at the nearby Red River. I live in Louisiana and there are a million things to do outside.

If I was home alone and not working? I’d try to stain my fence that I’ve been putting off for a year …
Nice try but any manual labor I do these days is purely by mistake:)

Morose, depressed, slightly misanthropic and going through massive withdrawal symptoms!

My condolences :sweat:
How did you get in my head? Would you mind kick starting a few neuro receptors my stroke laid waist to while your in there. And if you tell Jeanne what I'm thinking I'll be so pissed. LoL

I can use my cell phone to check out some face book stuff, use google, come here to these forums etc but I cannot use it to connect enough for tv or eq etc. I need my computer for that. So if I do not have my high speed connection via computer then that means I do not have internet to me.

I think there was a misunderstanding or someone is splitting hairs.

Yep, I am the same. My phone might work and in a pinch I can hotspot to it but if my house service is down, to me my "internet" is down which is what I thought Rob meant when I saw this post. Even if someone missed that...I still think the question Rob was asking is interesting to see how everyone else weathers a brown out.

Toast - I have another 24 hours without Internet or TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back