• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I guess the death penalty is controversial or something (1 Viewer)

Frybread

RedCents
31¢
22 replies and counting, haha. Also note how WoW players are complaining that their penalty is still too harsh.

I'm trying to think of how many times the exp death in EverQeust was reduced, and how it gave the "oldtimers" a sense of... ruggedness (as rugged as button-mashing computer game nerds get) to have endured the old exp deaths. This doesn't matter to the new players who come along, but to old time gamers it meant something. Like, they (SOE) should have sent us all a T-shirt that said, "I lost my level" or a badge, or a pointy hat and a wand or something.

It's something that only other old school (or old sk00l, if you prefer) gamers understand. At least, that's what I learned after being at a party where a next door neighbor, had stopped by to check out the "cool party"... and walked into a roomful of us nerds, who were discussing, and laughing about, "dragging corpses while levitating." (HAHA!! LEVITATING CORPSES, HAHAHA!!!) She suddenly became just as pale as the average person in the room, and left in a big hurry.

Man that makes me feel pathetic. When my friends talk about being rugged or hardcore it usually involves a cliff, a bar fight or a some amount of weight lifted.

I played on EQ's Discord server guys!

Shoot. I never played on discord. In EverQuest, I played on a bluebie server 50% of the time. What can I do to redeem my reputation as a hardcore gamer chick?

Edit: and also, it says that I started this thread, but we all know that you did, Frybread! I ninjalooted the thread. (flex)

n+1

What can I do to redeem my reputation as a hardcore gamer chick?

lie.

OR, I kinda like the SZ method. When you encounter someone who has been playing longer than you simply say, "lol u r old and out of touch."

I wish we were at the point that you could encounter someone who had been playing online games for 65 years (they would be 80 and have started at 15) and they could really trump up the old skool card. Sadly, my "generation" might be able to qualify for something like that; oh wait, all the d00dz who played DSO and NWN on AOL will beat us to that status, thank god.

"lol pwnd nb"
"wtf..."(pause for arthritis)
"I..."(pause for arthritis)"
"ws..."(pause for urine break)
"afk with my...(pause for arthritis)... nanodoctors"
"lol 'afk' is so last millenium and nanodoctors is bs u prolly have a shity central cpu in ur head lol old i'm an idiot, GET AN UPDATE LOOSER"
"turn...on...ur...spell...check...fagit"

3rectus said:
"lol pwnd nb"
"wtf..."(pause for arthritis)
"I..."(pause for arthritis)"
"ws..."(pause for urine break)
"afk with my...(pause for arthritis)... nanodoctors"
"lol 'afk' is so last millenium and nanodoctors is bs u prolly have a shity central cpu in ur head lol old i'm an idiot, GET AN UPDATE LOOSER"
"turn...on...ur...spell...check...fagit"

Oh my gods, Nanodoctors. That is futuristically, classic.

I speculate that we'll all eventually be able to plug into the interet with a port to our brains.

"wtf I haev 2 get my video crd rplcd in my ipod cranium, rofl"

Alihja said:
. At least, that's what I learned after being at a party where a next door neighbor, had stopped by to check out the "cool party"...

Your use of the extraneous comma, is breathtaking! :)

I guess the death penalty is controversial or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back