• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

i am addicted (1 Viewer)

maglev

RedCents
Been quit from WoW since november 15 2006 after 100 days of play

As i write this i have re-installed the game and am downloading the patch i have not bought game time yet but its only a matter of time. when i log in im gonna hate it but find it strangely comforting too. Its a combination of those damn christmas tv adverts and the prospect of TBC.

Has anyone else done the whole im quitting thing then crumbled after a few weeks ?

Well i have convinced myself that im gonna be "casual" from now on (LOL).

Anyway nice forum it has kept me very amused over the last few months and i hope it continues to.

I quit
wow.png
to play
eq.png
then quit
eq.png
to play
wow.png
then quit
wow.png
to eat
tacos.png
and write stories about tauren
furry.png

He`ll go
funny.png
or all
emo.png

Anyway, Im never going to quit wow I think, that's not to say ill be playing when Im 95 and incontinent, more of a case of gradually playing less and less. Pity, big drama good bye posts look fun.

rawr !

specced mutilate and did BG's for 5 hours i love WOW (untill the next time i "quit").

i disenchanted all my epics last time i quit. i really should do a post about the whole episode if i can find the screenshots i took of the GM conversations that followed...

oh shit. i just checked, and still have them on my old guild site's FTP. all the posts are gone, but my original 'images dump' area is still up. pulling them down now.

don't want to waste the surprise, but i'm starting to type it all up now. got 2 more hours here at work to kill... LOLOLO

I'm definetly not addicted, its just a game and provides me with a few hours of fun now and again. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. Just because I took a weeks' holiday to finally level one of my 28 characters beyond lvl 40 before TBC, lied to my boss about beeing sick the week before that and have been telling all my friends that I'm tired and want to stay home for the last few months, does not make me an addict. So stop bugging me with this. I got to go. I'm late for my morning farming session in SM.

I dunno about WoW. I go through phases of playing way the fuck too much. Last time I was in a raiding guild I was playing about 6-7 hours a night during the week and probably twice that on weekends. Raid raid raid raid raid farm raid farm raid blah blah blah. Seriously burned me out. 100% raid attendance over 6 weeks when raiding with the guild 6 nights a week and doing PUG MC/BWL's on the 7th? The sad thing was I was doing the whole "saving dkp for X drop" thing so when I finally got too burned out and quit over the dumbest reason I could find... I only made it out with a few pieces of naxx/aq40 loot. So my poor rogue is still wearing crappy tier 2 in most slots. The horror!

Anyway back to the addiction thing... I logged on the other day for the first time in a couple of weeks just to chat with some friends... Took me all of about 20 minutes to decide there was nothing I really wanted to do and log back out... I will probably be more into it again when I have a new draenei to level up... If not there is always lagging in Vanguard! WUWU

Am I addicted if I dream about WoW?

If you didn't try to stop would you know if you were addicted?

Why bother our puny little lives with such difficult questions when really there are far more important problems that need to be solved...
For example: what will the ultimate 2H Axe be after TBC comes out? (or :axe: )

I haven't clicked the link, but I know what axe you're talking about. it may just be rumor at this point, but last I checked (yesterday) Blizz had neither confirmed or denied it, and the only place it would drop (some guy hacked the loot tables of TBC Beta) is from Illidan, who people are saying we won't have to kill. So take those images with a large grain of maybe.

That big 156.2 DPS 2h Hammer is one big steaming pile o dung.
The baddest axe is Bloodmoon (http://thottbot.com/beta?i=14285), but I'd rather have the hammer Stormherald (http://thottbot.com/beta?i=14725).
And those forgables will be so damn hard to acquire :yea:

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Or maybe this Axe will be the most hardcore in game :S
Axe of a Thousand Lies
Binds when picked up
Unique
Two-Hand Axe
954 - 1046 Damage Speed 3.80
(263.2 Damage per second)
+64 Strength
+75 Agility
+93 Stamina
+99 Nature Resistance
Durability 150/150
Requires Level 70

Equip: Immune to Disarm.
Equip: Improves hit rating by 37.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 72.
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 60.
Equip: Immune to Fear, Charm, Polymorph and Stun effects.
Chance on hit: Instantly lightning shocks the target for 1439 to 1677 Nature damage.

And I swear I didn't just make that axe (or hammer :ohyeah:) up! Drops from Illidan in the Black Temple. Ya really!!11!111one!

Edit: :ohyeah: and it would really suck if a legendary looks just like a lvl 61 blue (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/Zoloro/BC screenies/Howlingaxe.jpg) :shifty:
Edit some more: This message needs more ":ohyeah:"-smilies, to make it more convincing!

i am addicted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back