• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - HSta or HAgi for your tank? (1 Viewer)

I think it very much depends on what your main play style is - raid or group.

In my opinion HSTA is best for raid. Getting to 4000 HSTA gets you 45% melee shielding and the extra HP helps with the beating / AE's.

For group then I'd primarily go for HDEX with a balance of HSTA/HAGI as secondary. However you will succeed in group game whichever option you choose!

in no way is hsta helping you in any situation as a tank, hdex up to like 3kish as sic said, then balance it with hagii, is much better return on you investment in getting augs.

If you're tanking raids, I'd probably recommend using the balanced stat augs at this point.

hStr gives the best AC returns when shielded.
hAgi gives the best AC non shielded, but the formulas I've seen dont look impactful considering the imagined attack values of modern raids.
hDex is the best group tank stat. Arguably for SKs, you can make the case that higher proc rates and melee DPS are better for their survivability.
hSta let's you soak the hits, and gives you melee shielding.

Since stats are so high, I'd just finagle the numbers to hit the next buckets for most things and call it a day.

If you're tanking raids, I'd probably recommend using the balanced stat augs at this point.

hStr gives the best AC returns when shielded.
hAgi gives the best AC non shielded, but the formulas I've seen dont look impactful considering the imagined attack values of modern raids.
hDex is the best group tank stat. Arguably for SKs, you can make the case that higher proc rates and melee DPS are better for their survivability.
hSta let's you soak the hits, and gives you melee shielding.

Since stats are so high, I'd just finagle the numbers to hit the next buckets for most things and call it a day.
While this is a good list, dont forget, they are tiered for some bonus effects, so thats the value in stacking. (i dont like this point).

IE sta for melee shielding (wag numbers) hsta=3700=37 melee shield=370%.. reduction (3.7%)... next tier is 4000.. 3999 doesnt make you get that internal math for "next tier" so you stack?

The important thing to note is that none of the heroics meaningfully change your survivability as a modern tank. You could stack hCha and clear content fine. With that in mind, since none of the options are great for tanking, you should always look to increase your dps.
For a warrior, ~3000 hdex caps your crit, depending on buffs. After that you can just start swapping to harmony augs for the hint/hsta (shielding/spell shield) for very minor gains.
For either knight, you crit rate is so low that hdex is hugely beneficial.

Hdex = most DPS (most popular for all melee including tanks)
Hsta = possible better survivability (raid)
Hagi = questionable returns at high levels
Hstr - best mitigation? (but pretty marginal)
Hcha = clear choice
It is definitely a balance also factoring in playstyle and if you're built for group, raid, solo or molo tanking.

My raid tank is hdex/hagi

Question in the title. Do yall go all out one or the other? Mix in a little of both to hit certain marks?
Hsta and hagi if you’re ftp and a tank. If you’re one of those ftp i want a tank dps then go hdex but your tank will suck…

If you sub then it just hinges on wether you raid (hsta/hagi) or mostly group (hdex, hagi)

Just to add extra info - hdex is not stack for accuracy. It's strictly for crit rate (accuracy is just icing). If you are curious where you stand on crit, here is a google doc that's been passed around. I recommend making a copy and playing around with it yourself.

Everquest Melee Crit Calc
Was just talking with @Eltai86 about this and was about to track down a copy. Thanks for posting it!

Question - HSta or HAgi for your tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back