• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

How to use the /mapfilter function? (1 Viewer)

toejam

RedCents
Can someone point me to a link that tells me how to use the mq2map? I have tried using the search but I think I must really suxxxx at it because I can't find an answer. I went to the wiki but just tells me about the switches. I have mq2map loaded but nothing is displayed. I try various switches and they just hide/unhide a feature that isn't showing up to begin with.

Can anyone help a fella out?

Many thanx in advance. ))
toejam

PS And yes I looked up and ran the mapcheck mac but I get nothing nothing nothing. I don't know if something else is supposed to be running or not. That's why I'm looking for a link.

Last edited:
have you tryed any of these?
Rich (BB code):
    /mapfilter help
    /mapfliter npc
    /mapfliter npcconcolor
    /mapfliter target
    /mapfliter targetline
    /mapfliter chest
    /mapfliter trap
    /mapfliter ground
    /mapfliter pc

Yes, they just return with a change is status from hide to show etc. I have no map showing. Having never run this option before I was looking for a link that would explain what the map is all about, what I should expect to see when using it, etc. I didn't want to ask stupid questions here but I didn't find such a link on my own and the wiki didn't provide the information I was hoping for.

I'm sorry but I think I must be dumb as dirt... I can't get anything to display. I thought that when I ran mq2map that I would have some kind of hud or something but there isn't any. And showing/hiding doesn't matter as there is no result either way.

I had expected the wiki to at least tell me about map but it doesn't say didly about how to view what you are supposed to be looking at. I've typed in the sample text "/mapfilter custom npc range 60 65 radius 50 " and I get the message that "Map spawns regenerated".

Am I supposed to be viewing this plugin on my ingame maps? Sorry for the obtuseness but I thought this was going to be like the radar picture on the plugin explanations. And speaking of Radar, I just ran it and nothing shows up either so it must be something I'm not doing...or doing but just not right or all the way. Any assistance would be appreciated. )) Never ran either of these plugins before.

How to use the /mapfilter function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back