• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - how to select a task using eqbc? (1 Viewer)

hmmm, whatever i say (for example): ready - it opens up a window with those three tasks. how can i select one of those? and to use /bct is the better option and to click every single toon - so timing is not the same..

I dont know the name of the specific window you are referencing, i dont think it is the TaskWnd. You can see which windows are open by doing: /windows open, then you can figure out the name of the window and do /window name. From there, you can select and push the button. So like if i wanted to select the first task on the taskwnd:

Rich (BB code):
/notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect 1

Then you have to /notify the ok button or whatever that button is called for that screen:
Rich (BB code):
/nomodkey /notify TaskWnd OkButton leftmouseup

Those are just examples, and not the actual command because i dont know the names of the windows off hand.

Try these and change 1 to whattever number in the list your mission is.

Rich (BB code):
/notify TaskSelectWnd SelectWnd listselect 1
Rich (BB code):
/notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouseup

windows name is "TaskSelectWnd" compared log file before and after opening.

sadly "//notify TaskSelectWnd SelectWnd listselect 2" or 3 isn't working so far - but i'm sure it's getting closer)

"//notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouseup" presses the button...

- - - Updated - - -

oh - and an add: how can you get a toon to press a button from the hotbars via eqbc?

Last edited:
thanks maskoi and pete!!!

all solved but selecting in the task window - that is still not working

- - - Updated - - -

//notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskSelectWnd].Child[TSEL_TaskList].List[Name of Task here]}

did the job;-)

all solved - happy;-)

Question - how to select a task using eqbc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back