• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How to politely tell someone I'm going off on my own (for a while)? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,314¢
Since I started playing EQ again 3 months ago, I made a friend on the way. This friend is always on and has two toons (zerker/shm). However, I'm about to add a shammy and sk to finish my full 6 box. I love hanging out with this individual (he's ALWAYS on). But the truth of the matter is, it's starting to slow down a lot of the things I want to accomplish. If he had a tank and could competently heal this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Anyone have any advice or go through a similar situation? (Also, i refuse to name change or move servers as I feel like that would be incredibly over the top/mean and again I like this person a lot).

Since I started playing EQ again 3 months ago, I made a friend on the way. This friend is always on and has two toons (zerker/shm). However, I'm about to add a shammy and sk to finish my full 6 box. I love hanging out with this individual (he's ALWAYS on). But the truth of the matter is, it's starting to slow down a lot of the things I want to accomplish. If he had a tank and could competently heal this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Anyone have any advice or go through a similar situation? (Also, i refuse to name change or move servers as I feel like that would be incredibly over the top/mean and again I like this person a lot).
I'd suggest encourage (and helping) them get setup with a tank and competent heals - my absolute most fun in eq has always been having 1 or 2 buddies with their own groups that we can mix/match when we want - or even "co-play" where we're hanging out even tho we're doing our own thing.

otherwise, just being a grown up and being open and honest - you don't have to be cruel or say "you're cramping my style" but you can be honest with something like "i have a little less time to play than you do, and i'm finding myself struggling to achieve some of the things i want. I like to hang out, and maybe we could do that on xyz days or on xyz times, but i really need some time that i can go stuff by myself"

I'd suggest encourage (and helping) them get setup with a tank and competent heals - my absolute most fun in eq has always been having 1 or 2 buddies with their own groups that we can mix/match when we want - or even "co-play" where we're hanging out even tho we're doing our own thing.
This!
I hadn't even thought of making that suggestion. I'd even be willing to power level his tank and let him leech xp until he has the ability to leech mobs and take them on lol. This is a great suggestion, and the last thing I want is to lose a GOOD friend. They are hard to come by in the gaming world these days.

Thanks Sic, great idea.

@smerve ... you say ...

Sport Middle Finger GIF by UFC

and then train your kid to follow as you peel out

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

otherwise, just being a grown up and being open and honest - you don't have to be cruel or say "you're cramping my style" but you can be honest with something like "i have a little less time to play than you do, and i'm finding myself struggling to achieve some of the things i want. I like to hang out, and maybe we could do that on xyz days or on xyz times, but i really need some time that i can go stuff by myself"
Classic @Sic break-up technique

emma stone relationship GIF
Season 6 Nbc GIF by This Is Us

Then @Sic goes...
R Snitch GIF

Just send the person animated gif's with animals pooping....or

Maybe just tell them exactly what you told us. If that person is a great person, they will understand. And if not, consider yourself lucky to avoid a petition in the future, and possible account suspensions / bans because that person will eventually become unreasonable over something stupid and just file one on you. Because, it would be unreasonable to dog you for something like this where you need something that doesn't involve this person.

Just send the person animated gif's with animals pooping....or

Maybe just tell them exactly what you told us. If that person is a great person, they will understand. And if not, consider yourself lucky to avoid a petition in the future, and possible account suspensions / bans because that person will eventually become unreasonable over something stupid and just file one on you. Because, it would be unreasonable to dog you for something like this where you need something that doesn't involve this person.
@Doc James I just wanted to say...I think you're...

Poo Pooping GIF
Poop Diarrhea GIF

Now...
Give The Finger GIF by Immofanten

<Then @Doc James ghosts's you...>
Dance Haunting GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

I honestly think the human interaction is what makes Everquest great. My Best experiences always included other people. The whole point of Red Guides is to play EverQuest the way it was meant to be played in a full group. I'll take a group of 2 any day. Be careful this doesn't turn into a grass is always greener situation. You made a friend brother. You're already ahead in the game.

@smerve how did it end up going?
WELP. This individual decided they did not want to put in extra effort unfortunately :(
Sadly, that's what prompted my move to FV (which i have to say has been absolutely amazing)
Lost a friend, but have made many more now thanks to this wonderful forum!
Thanks for checking in sic :)

WELP. This individual decided they did not want to put in extra effort unfortunately :(
Sadly, that's what prompted my move to FV (which i have to say has been absolutely amazing)
Lost a friend, but have made many more now thanks to this wonderful forum!
Thanks for checking in sic :)
Keep in touch, sometimes needs/wants differ over time.

Discussion - How to politely tell someone I'm going off on my own (for a while)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back