• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How the Heck can I turn off the grave key? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
416¢
I don't know if this is the correct place, but I am sure someone on here knows.

When in EQ and I want to type a Grave (the character under the Tilde) my computer switches to the next EQ instance I have running. So, it will cycle through all the EQ instance I have running. The problem is I want to type in a name of a mob in EQ and it has a Grave in it, and I don't want it to change to the next EQ instance.

Thanks for you help, I have been looking through eqclient.ini and anything else I can find but have not found it yet.

Solution

When in EQ and I want to type a Grave (the character under the Tilde) my computer switches to the next EQ instance I have running. So, it will cycle through all the EQ instance I have running. The problem is I want to type in a name of a mob in EQ and it has a Grave in it, and I don't want it to change to the next EQ instance.

Thanks for you help, I have been looking through eqclient.ini and anything else I can find but have not found it yet.

In your macroquest.ini, change these settings to 0 or a different key:

INI:
# setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
CycleNextWindow=0
# setting CyclePrevWindow=0 disables it.
CyclePrevWindow=0

In your macroquest.ini, change these settings to 0 or a different key:

INI:
CycleNextWindow=0
CyclePrevWindow=0

Solution
Is there a way to just change the keybind instead or is it anything other than a 0? I unloaded from computer the other day and haven't reloaded because of this... The ` is my target next npc key. I don't want to change that, I want to change the bind in mq. I never had this issue before, is it new? Is it hooked to a specific plugin or is it mq itself?

Is there a way to just change the keybind instead or is it anything other than a 0? I unloaded from computer the other day and haven't reloaded because of this... The ` is my target next npc key. I don't want to change that, I want to change the bind in mq. I never had this issue before, is it new? Is it hooked to a specific plugin or is it mq itself?

Cycling windows is part of MQ itself. You can change it to any key or combination of keys.

Here's an example,
MacroQuest.ini:
CycleNextWindow=ctrl+F
CyclePrevWindow=ctrl+B

Cycling windows is part of MQ itself. You can change it to any key or combination of keys.

Here's an example,
MacroQuest.ini:
CycleNextWindow=ctrl+F
CyclePrevWindow=ctrl+B
Is this new or recently changed to set active by default though? I mean since like April/may, because it was never an issue before starting back up and I'm using legacy.

Is this new though? I mean since like April/may, because it was never an issue before starting back up and I'm using legacy.
nah not new,

and totes definitely want to get using MacroQuest - should take you like 10 minutes to get migrated

here is some pasta:

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

Please >>> Upgrade to MacroQuest Next <<<

nah not new,

and totes definitely want to get using MacroQuest - should take you like 10 minutes to get migrated

here is some pasta:

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

Please >>> Upgrade to MacroQuest Next <<<
I'm sure I will soon. In the process of majorly downgrading my already minimal usage as it is though so the changeover will only be for 1 toon grouping and part-time tradeskilling on another, rather than 3F/T and 1 P/T.

Nothing to do with the suspension wave just my own tastes, changing over my most dependent toons for classes that won't be dependent at all for me cause I don't see a point in putting all the work into toons I can't even play myself nor do I want to.

Is this new or recently changed to set active by default though? I mean since like April/may, because it was never an issue before starting back up and I'm using legacy.
Its on by default, but its always been that way. Maybe you had turned it off and something got reset. Actually funny enough this was one of the first things that got the axe in mqnext

How the Heck can I turn off the grave key?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back