• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How long after everquest patch is Mq2 going to be ready to use ?? (1 Viewer)

sohagman

RedCents
20¢
How long after ever quest patches on Tuesday Dec. 11 for new expansion will Mq2 be ready to download update and use ????

Soon.

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Red Guides and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Red Guides does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Red Guides will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon".

In all actuality. The upstream provider tries to have them done by 8pm EST. So barring some sort of major changes between beta and live this site "SHOULD" have its hands on it by then. Then how ever long it takes for them to run it through the compile here.

Last edited:
8 hours on Daybreaks end is minimum. New expansion, probably 8 hours at least on Redguides end as well. Dont take the day off thinking you are going to spend the day grinding or you will be disappointed !

It entirely depends on what needs to be done by the developers to get a stable working program.

The more DBG changes stuff, the more it has to be reverse engineered MQ edited to work with it.

Some of the developers play on the Test server, which means they have an idea on what is coming... but some things may take days, some things just a few hours.

The most accurate answer anyone can give you is "soon". You will just have to be patient when the time comes.

The fact that they've kept a beta MQ2 up-to-date is helpful, iirc. What that doesn't take into account, however, is the dozen or so patches DBG will undoubtedly do between Dec 11 and the new year to correct all the bullshit they should have corrected DURING beta.

The fact that they've kept a beta MQ2 up-to-date is helpful, iirc. What that doesn't take into account, however, is the dozen or so patches DBG will undoubtedly do between Dec 11 and the new year to correct all the bullshit they should have corrected DURING beta.

Gonna be a wild ride! Hold on to your mounts!:bang:

My goal is to be ready 2 hours after servers are back up, whenever that happens, at least for pre release. Normally you can count on 8PM EST on patchdays.

Since we have kept up with beta patches, I don’t expect a huge difference for the live patch, but you never know until the final exe is pushed.

I need donations that goes towards expansions this month so everyone that has the means to pitch in has my gratitude and will also get early access to the build on patchday.

If you plan on doing this, I’d recommend doing it before Tuesday cause I will be too busy actually working on the patch and will not have much time to check the donate thread for posts.

I need donations that goes towards expansions this month so everyone that has the means to pitch in has my gratitude and will also get early access to the build on patchday.

If you plan on doing this, I’d recommend doing it before Tuesday cause I will be too busy actually working on the patch and will not have much time to check the donate thread for posts.

I've been here for years and never realized that donators got access to the compile a little early. Shame on me.

To be fair the pre release is completely untested it goes out as soon as I’m about to check if it works in game as well. It’s my only way of giving a little back to people who donate... but while not a secret, not something we really advertise either because some patchdays it doesn’t happen because patch was too complicated and then again other times it goes out with server up... and those times non donors wait about 6 hours extra...

So anyway not surprised u haven’t heard of it, it comes up once in a while, but not a sticky or anything.

There should actually be 2 downtimes this month, 1 of them is the new expansion, and the next is probably the day after with the monthly patch.

And let’s not forget the patch for the patch that ALWAYS happens after expansion releases... and sometimes even the patch for the patch for the patch...

You forgot the rollbacks and then patch to fix the issue that required a rollback.

I usually plan on these big patch days being my work on tradeskills day. With the make all option now I can do some of those annoying skillups even with mq2 down.

Tapout

Question - How long after everquest patch is Mq2 going to be ready to use ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back