• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - How I build A DPS Shaman (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,839¢
I promise I will post my INI and the other thing someone asked about later tonight or in the morning. But I don't know what those things are or what they include so here is how to build a DPS Shaman.

Let's start with the most important. Do NOT devote anything to wisdom. Wisdom does not matter. Put your augs and stats into Stamina.
Stamina is your mana because of Canni.

Second do your AAs as you would an SK, the defensives, the offensives ( DD and DOT ) and finally the healing. With good gear your stats come up. You will be able to heal just fine

I personally have one saved spell set. The first 8 slots are occupied by my best damage spells. I have two heals. A group heal and a blast heal, with two buffs and a pet proc.

I have a couple of kill buttons on my mouse each with four of the first eight damage spells.

The AA are critical literally. My friend has been using my Shaman with his plugin to heal and DPS through NoS Missions. Perhaps you need his INI as well I don't have the Shaman plugin. I will see if he will post it so you have a complete picture. He is in bed.

If you limit yourself to a wisdom caster toon as a Shaman you are missing out on maybe the most versatile toon in all of EQ. INIs and stuff Monday night.

Last edited:
Correction Sic did NOT ask for the INI he quoted someone asking. I just got all excited. Anyone mind telling me where I find my INI files. lol thanks. I will share anything to help anyone. And I know my Shaman can be helpful. As much help as I need and I've been given. There are only a couple of places I can confidently give back. If someone doesn't mind telling me where in the EQ files to fins my INI file I will be happy to share. And I'll ask my friend. He is up.

Correction Sic did NOT ask for the INI he quoted someone asking. I just got all excited. Anyone mind telling me where I find my INI files. lol thanks. I will share anything to help anyone. And I know my Shaman can be helpful. As much help as I need and I've been given. There are only a couple of places I can confidently give back. If someone doesn't mind telling me where in the EQ files to fins my INI file I will be happy to share. And I'll ask my friend. He is up.
ini file for what?

Thanks for responding. That was me. Your ini is your kissassist file but it sounds like you are running your shaman manually.

Is he 120? What damage spells do you cast each fight?
Yes my Shaman is 120 with 63k AA. I run him manually but one of my friends uses him sometimes as group healer and DPS in NoS missions. He uses the Shaman plugin. I will be at the DR all day today but tonight I'll get you all the information you want. Any files from the plugin that my friend has set. And everything from me.

Yes my Shaman is 120 with 63k AA. I run him manually but one of my friends uses him sometimes as group healer and DPS in NoS missions. He uses the Shaman plugin. I will be at the DR all day today but tonight I'll get you all the information you want. Any files from the plugin that my friend has set. And everything from me.
I imagine just using dps loadout, assistat 100, melee on, turning off single talo/slow would get you in that territory - shaman plugin on dps loadout can do some stupid dmg on an easy raid too

I don't use kissassist. I can get the INI file from my friend who was boxing the Shaman using his plugin and the Shaman was out DPSing a Rogue on Humanoids in Maidens Eye. When I get home I'll get that file.

I’d be curious how much DPS you are talking about overtime and on a mob or two for burn. My shaman isn’t useless DPS but doesn’t compete with my rogue or ber for sure.

I don't use kissassist. I can get the INI file from my friend who was boxing the Shaman using his plugin and the Shaman was out DPSing a Rogue on Humanoids in Maidens Eye. When I get home I'll get that file.
If anyone outdpsed a rogue on humanoid mobs, it feels like the rogue did mere autoattack.
If you run an even geared and aa’ed rogue with KA, ctwn-plugin or LeRogue he should be hard to beat on humanoid mobs.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond. I had a DR visit and I was laid up for a few days. I can only tell you what my friend has told me. I know he runs the Plugins on the Rogue and Shaman. I will try to get both the INI and some kind of DPS file. And I will also post my standard setting which is nothing special. Shaman have the best DOTs and good DD. When you throw in everything you get from max AA in terms of damage. Is it really a surprise they outdamange any class? I'll ask Josh tomorrow he is in the UK. I'm not picking on Rogues I was just hoping to add something positive for those who wanted it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

It's absolutely true that shaman can beat the melee classes in dps, especially if it's a high hp mob, like a raid boss where assassinate won't proc. That should show you how absolutely fucked class balance is in this game. Melee dps is way behind and it seems like nothing is being done about it. The only reason you don't see more shaman topping parses is because of zone lag and that usually shaman are asked to contribute to healing and debuffing.

It's absolutely true that shaman can beat the melee classes in dps, especially if it's a high hp mob, like a raid boss where assassinate won't proc. That should show you how absolutely fucked class balance is in this game. Melee dps is way behind and it seems like nothing is being done about it. The only reason you don't see more shaman topping parses is because of zone lag and that usually shaman are asked to contribute to healing and debuffing.
Right - but he's talking about trash in maidens eye. The only way that is happening is if the Rogue has NFC what he's doing

I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond. I had a DR visit and I was laid up for a few days. I can only tell you what my friend has told me. I know he runs the Plugins on the Rogue and Shaman. I will try to get both the INI and some kind of DPS file. And I will also post my standard setting which is nothing special. Shaman have the best DOTs and good DD. When you throw in everything you get from max AA in terms of damage. Is it really a surprise they outdamange any class? I'll ask Josh tomorrow he is in the UK. I'm not picking on Rogues I was just hoping to add something positive for those who wanted it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
You've not offended anyone. Others are just curious about what is going on. There is also a sense of humor on these boards and it can sometimes be hard to tell if it is said jokingly or not.

I am always in the top 3 healing and in the low 20's in dps on raids as a shm. I honestly do not believe your friend that says when he plays your shm that he is out dpsing rogues on humanoids, unless that is a fresh 120 rog with no AAs. As for playing the shm as a dps class, you can surely do that but as Many_Whelps stated, shm are still asked to heal on raids. That being said if you have audio triggers set up you can keep 3 big DoTs on the raid bosses and still parse descent on raids while still padding your heal numbers. Shm raid healing = OP. If you want really want you shm to be easy mode just get CWTN plugin.

I am always in the top 3 healing and in the low 20's in dps on raids as a shm. I honestly do not believe your friend that says when he plays your shm that he is out dpsing rogues on humanoids, unless that is a fresh 120 rog with no AAs. As for playing the shm as a dps class, you can surely do that but as Many_Whelps stated, shm are still asked to heal on raids. That being said if you have audio triggers set up you can keep 3 big DoTs on the raid bosses and still parse descent on raids while still padding your heal numbers. Shm raid healing = OP. If you want really want you shm to be easy mode just get CWTN plugin.
If you don’t mind sharing, what are the 3 big dots for shaman?

Okay so there is no INI file because that only applies to Kiss Assist. I can tell you for sure the Rogue is not fresh but has max AA including focus because it's also one of my Rogues. What I do have to share is the spell lineup from the Shaman using the plugin in DPS mode.

image.png

I don't know how much this helps I also have a screen shot somewhere in my files of my basic spell lineup and UI which is a very basic layout I don't use the Plugin because I like to Run my group with my Shaman. I wasn't trying to start a larger debate about what classes need fixing etc.

If you don’t mind sharing, what are the 3 big dots for shaman?
When I'm using my Shaman to run my group. I just take his 8 best DD and DOT spells in no order. Put 4 each on a social. And pin those right by slow on my MMO Mouse. A hit from each will kill any mob in ME without any real help. Don't overthink it. Use your AA to go Offensive and defensive then healing. If you want this type of Shaman. And remember you are not making a wisdom caster. Stamina is what you care about. Your mana comes from Canni and Regen more than wisdom. My last words on the matter folks. I'm not starting an argument.

When I'm using my Shaman to run my group. I just take his 8 best DD and DOT spells in no order. Put 4 each on a social. And pin those right by slow on my MMO Mouse. A hit from each will kill any mob in ME without any real help. Don't overthink it. Use your AA to go Offensive and defensive then healing. If you want this type of Shaman. And remember you are not making a wisdom caster. Stamina is what you care about. Your mana comes from Canni and Regen more than wisdom. My last words on the matter folks. I'm not starting an argument.

I think people aren’t really turns it into a class need sot be fixed. Most just don’t think a shaman is really outparsing a rogue - simple as that. Without an actual parse it’s really hard to provide any real feedback. What I will tell you is a mob in ME isn’t alive long enough for my shaman to cast 8 of those spells.

I think people aren’t really turns it into a class need sot be fixed. Most just don’t think a shaman is really outparsing a rogue - simple as that. Without an actual parse it’s really hard to provide any real feedback. What I will tell you is a mob in ME isn’t alive long enough for my shaman to cast 8 of those spells.
I think you're absolutely right about what people want to believe. And I don't have the parse to show anyone. Because this isn't happening on my watch. As to mobs not living long enough to land 2 Socials. You probably just have better crews than I do. I'm fine with that. I didn't say this was the way for everyone to play. I'm not even sure people would enjoy playing the way I play my toons. But they don't have to.

None of your dot classes, on group fights, should be out DPS'n a rogue (consistently), unless said rogue has Club* (iykyk). One of my clerics did 2.1m SDPS on a undead on a 20 second fight.. A no idea how, B was once in like 4 years.

That sounds like the cleric hitting the mob with turn undead and killing the mob with it when they did to get that kind of number.

A shaman can absolutely parse well in a group or raid situation but it isn’t going to happen with just a single target getting dotted up. To get the high numbers the shaman is dropping their dots on multiple mobs from best to worst dot. Same for a necro to really go high. It’s extremely mana intensive and in a manual play setting you’re wanting to hit blood magic or spiritual channeling as you start to drop those dots (I think for necro it’s like 12 mobs to hit the top end numbers of what they can do and at that point you’re just casting pyre basically).

Beams (mages) and multi dotting against swarms of adds are a large part of the reason pure melee classes in particular are performing as badly as they are in raid parses. If you don’t take advantage of those tools then the numbers don’t look nearly as dramatically different.

FWIW - None of the CWTN plugins are useless whatsoever. It is exactly the opposite, you can excel with any of the CWTN plugins in any combo. I speak from the exp of trying them all.

Obligatory

1689440155168.png

This thread motivated me to actually work on my shaman a bit. I'm seeing consistent peaks up to 500k on trash mobs in NoS expansion. It varies a lot depending on how many mobs he has to slow and debuff because my group kills a trash mob in about 40 seconds so his better dots don't get much chance to fulminate.

Are you really out here trying to teach Shamans how to Shaman, while having Kerran and a 12 second dot loaded? 🤢
If you read the post attached to the picture you would know that's not my personal load out. I will post a screenshot of my full UI. I'm not trying to reach anyone how to Shaman. It's a very versatile toon. There are multiple ways to play.

Tegi Pandemic, chaotic toxin, and Brightfeld's affliction. those are the only 3 DoTs I keep loaded on raids. I don't parse at the top since I spend most of the raid healing, but I try and keep those recast when my gina trigger tells me they wore off. I am usually in the top 22ish on the raid. Mind you the adps you add to the melee dps group is nice too imagive if we could add that to our parse :p

I've been running Tegi Pandemic, Chaotic Toxin, Brightfeld's Affliction, Obeah and the Curse line on my shamans when I've been boxing raids lately and been working more on having their MA steering multidot opportunities so it's been a fairly nice and significant uptick in DPS lately.

Strategy - How I build A DPS Shaman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back