• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How far can I push this? (1 Viewer)

Dabzz

RedCents
152¢
I have an older stock clocked AMD Phenom !! 1090 T which I just upgraded to 16g ram, a 4g GeForce 1050 TI, and threw a 700w power supply in it.

Also am upgrading internet speed from 75mbs to 200mbs next week :)

I am currently running 3 accounts and just got access to my friends 3 accounts, albeit lower lvl, and would like to run 3 more. Eventually once I get them to lvl 105 (75, 79, 91) I would like to run 2 groups with mercs.

Am I stressing my computer too much?

I used to run 16 instances on a weaker Athlon x3 -> unlocked to Phenom x4 B50 with 16GB Ram and a AMD 5770 GPU. Around 13-14 instances it got laggier but it was not because of pure CPU load.

So 12 Characters should work quite nicely on a 1090T which is a 6 core chip.

the 1050 should be able to handle 2 groups with fps set to 15 on bg instances and 35 on fg ones. CPU wise it should also be able to.

Thanks for the shared knowledge. I am no self proclaimed computer guru and appreciate your help, ideas and advice! I started playing in 4\2002 and remember the dial-up days...and I ONLY had a piece of shit Sony Vaio PCG 505. I could barely run one instance and it was suuuuuper laggy.

Question - How far can I push this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back