• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - How does I DPS? (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
Normally I'd think I just suck at EQ, but everything is automated and I still can't get decent DPS. Let me give you the lowdown on my group:
115 SK Gold Max AA All Velium Infused gear
115 Zerk Gold Max AA All Velium Infused gear. All augs are Dex and he even has every slot 5 filled with the 70 dex augs
115 (x2) Zerks Silver Max AA all TOV T1 gear
115 Bard Silver Max AA all TOV T1 gear
115 Cleric Silver Max AA all Tov T1 gear

I run MQZerk though I've also tried RG and some kiss ini's. I look at posts and even at the video SIC posted doing Griklor and everyone is over 1 million DPS, which is awesome. I've never had any of my zerks finish even burning a named at over 400k dps and I'll be damned if I know why. I have them in EW currently just farming and all of my zerks are commonly below 200k dps. The bard is set for melee classes, though honestly I don't see any change in DPS when he's not in the group. I have every buff class available OOG and so they stay max buffs. Alliance is on for the Zerks as well.

Where on earth is it going wrong? Haaaaaaalp!

Hmm.... sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs, but are you sure you've got all the "chat" filters turned off? if not, your parsed dps is going to look rubbish (even though it isn't)
Excellent point, but the filters are good. Even if that were the case, you can always just tell when it's taking way too long for mobs to die. When the group makeup I have takes 30+ sec to kill trash giants in EW, that's a fail. Appreciate the input for sure though.

@Ninjapickle i am in the exact same shoes as you regarding the zerks. Couple of caveats though,
-I have a BST instead of 3rd zerk
-war instead of SK
-all my toons are silver and max aa except the tank is gold

For my zerks only, I was recently at 225k sustained and about 800k on grik burns each. I’ve done several things in the past week, and It’s boosted my zerks up to 330k sustained and 1.3m for grik each
Heres what I did...

1. Noticed I was missing a RoS disc, even though /zerk missing didn’t show anything. So, I went and bought all RoS spells.
2. Turned background and regular FPS up to 60
3. Got the bard epic 2.0
4. Got both zerker epic 2.0s
-your silver bard and zerk can both use their 2.0 as they’re not prestige.

Don’t know if these suggestions help, but they worked wonders for me.

@Ninjapickle i am in the exact same shoes as you regarding the zerks. Couple of caveats though,
-war instead of SK

For my zerks only, I was recently at 225k sustained and about 800k on grik burns each. I’ve done several things in the past week, and It’s boosted my zerks up to 330k sustained and 1.3m for grik each
Heres what I did...

1. Noticed I was missing a RoS disc, even though /zerk missing didn’t show anything. So, I went and bought all RoS spells.
3. Got the bard epic 2.0

Good info to know, and I'll definitely check my spells and FPS as well. Thank you.

@Ninjapickle something is definitely off though.

With a gold zerker in T3 and full ToV type 5s you should be approaching 100% crit rate. You should be seeing way more dps from him at least.

Do you have dissident? Maybe you could look at your disc usage in gamparse and post it here.

I not one to promote multiple of same class.. well rounded group will outshine.. tank.. shaman bard bsty.. will help ur melee if ur not seeing any change in ur parse with a bard in group ves not in group ur not playing ur bard right at all..

-war instead of SK

Heres what I did...

3. Got the bard epic 2.0

I'm in the exact situation you were (my zerks doing around 200k/800k), so i'm glad of your answer. My question is can you do the epics 2.0 with a 115 group, or are there parts when you need more firepower ?

I'm in the exact situation you were (my zerks doing around 200k/800k), so i'm glad of your answer. My question is can you do the epics 2.0 with a 115 group, or are there parts when you need more firepower ?
Need 6 char (merc or otherwise) to spin up anguish. Otherwise, 115, you have to much ommph in alot of cases solo..

PS there is a thread talking about doing the zerker epics here somewhere.

If you haven't done it yet, you should try and use alliance on zerk, it works very well with 3 zerks but you can also force it if you have only 2 zerks in your group. (/zerk usealliance on and then /zerk forcealliance on) like sic suggested in another thread

Like others said, Zerk 2.0 is a plus for DPS.

Which heroic stats augs are you using on zerk? Maxing hdex on zerk will increase your dps.

For bard, don't know which ini you are using, but i will suggest you to use Sic Cov Bard Ini as adps support. (For more dps from the bard you can use Sl968's one)

Last edited:
I discovered my zerks’ use mangling discipline was unchecked in the cwtn plug-in when I was trying to figure out why their burn DPS was lacking in comparison to other parses I had seen. Using it made a significant difference.

sub one of ur silver zerks out for a bst. The synergism works really well, my group actually climbed in overall dps by subbing 1 of the 3 zerks to bst. make sure your zerks are using alliance (it WILL work with 2) make sure all the synergisms are going off. if they arent its a massive dps loss

@Wurmdal it is a cakewalk at 115. You could do it all with 1 player. If you really focus, you can probably get it done over a weekend. You should look ahead at the farmable parts and work on those when you have spare time. There are a few little things like that which will act of bottlenecks but just as a rng

Also, if you are just wanting to burn and don’t care about your sustained going down 30%ish for the next 30 min, then click mangling disc in the zerk plugin. Now, it will make my burns go from 1.3m to 1.9m on each zerk.

I recently subbed all of my guys and can do 7m on a zland burn if I use mangling. Could probably do more if I used a glyph.

Need 6 char (merc or otherwise) to spin up anguish. Otherwise, 115, you have to much ommph in alot of cases solo..

? maybe I missed something but I help others in Anguish frequently to get their Epic pieces but have never been able to use a merc. But we do use any level and any online/offline character to make up the rest of the group. I pretty much solo it with the other guy just chipping in now and then until his item drops.

I discovered my zerks’ use mangling discipline was unchecked in the cwtn plug-in when I was trying to figure out why their burn DPS was lacking in comparison to other parses I had seen. Using it made a significant difference.

What is mangling again ? Does it break mez ?

What is mangling again ? Does it break mez ?
it is your timer 21 ability.

if you're just doing regular grinding type stuff you'll likely get more value out of disconcerting disc - if you're looking to wtf splode a single mob, or a series of quick single mobs - like zlandicar, or these events, you will likely get more value from mangling disc.

mangling has a long reuse vs disconcerting

1633613266658.png

1633613283122.png

it is your timer 21 ability.

if you're just doing regular grinding type stuff you'll likely get more value out of disconcerting disc - if you're looking to wtf splode a single mob, or a series of quick single mobs - like zlandicar, or these events, you will likely get more value from mangling disc.

mangling has a long reuse vs disconcerting

Ok, now i understand why it isn't by default in the plugin. Thanks.

Plugin - How does I DPS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back