• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - How does I DPS? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
Normally I'd think I just suck at EQ, but everything is automated and I still can't get decent DPS. Let me give you the lowdown on my group:
115 SK Gold Max AA All Velium Infused gear
115 Zerk Gold Max AA All Velium Infused gear. All augs are Dex and he even has every slot 5 filled with the 70 dex augs
115 (x2) Zerks Silver Max AA all TOV T1 gear
115 Bard Silver Max AA all TOV T1 gear
115 Cleric Silver Max AA all Tov T1 gear

I run MQZerk though I've also tried RG and some kiss ini's. I look at posts and even at the video SIC posted doing Griklor and everyone is over 1 million DPS, which is awesome. I've never had any of my zerks finish even burning a named at over 400k dps and I'll be damned if I know why. I have them in EW currently just farming and all of my zerks are commonly below 200k dps. The bard is set for melee classes, though honestly I don't see any change in DPS when he's not in the group. I have every buff class available OOG and so they stay max buffs. Alliance is on for the Zerks as well.

Where on earth is it going wrong? Haaaaaaalp!

RedCents
386¢
Hmm.... sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs, but are you sure you've got all the "chat" filters turned off? if not, your parsed dps is going to look rubbish (even though it isn't)

RedCents
70¢
Hmm.... sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs, but are you sure you've got all the "chat" filters turned off? if not, your parsed dps is going to look rubbish (even though it isn't)
Excellent point, but the filters are good. Even if that were the case, you can always just tell when it's taking way too long for mobs to die. When the group makeup I have takes 30+ sec to kill trash giants in EW, that's a fail. Appreciate the input for sure though.

RedCents
296¢
You need to get a ranger?:shrug: That must be frustrating with all that and still not be up there. Hope someone has some ideas cause it looks to me like you have it covered.

RedCents
105¢
@Ninjapickle i am in the exact same shoes as you regarding the zerks. Couple of caveats though,
-I have a BST instead of 3rd zerk
-war instead of SK
-all my toons are silver and max aa except the tank is gold

For my zerks only, I was recently at 225k sustained and about 800k on grik burns each. I’ve done several things in the past week, and It’s boosted my zerks up to 330k sustained and 1.3m for grik each
Heres what I did...

1. Noticed I was missing a RoS disc, even though /zerk missing didn’t show anything. So, I went and bought all RoS spells.
2. Turned background and regular FPS up to 60
3. Got the bard epic 2.0
4. Got both zerker epic 2.0s
-your silver bard and zerk can both use their 2.0 as they’re not prestige.

Don’t know if these suggestions help, but they worked wonders for me.

RedCents
70¢
@Ninjapickle i am in the exact same shoes as you regarding the zerks. Couple of caveats though,
-I have a BST instead of 3rd zerk
-war instead of SK
-all my toons are silver and max aa except the tank is gold

For my zerks only, I was recently at 225k sustained and about 800k on grik burns each. I’ve done several things in the past week, and It’s boosted my zerks up to 330k sustained and 1.3m for grik each
Heres what I did...

1. Noticed I was missing a RoS disc, even though /zerk missing didn’t show anything. So, I went and bought all RoS spells.
2. Turned background and regular FPS up to 60
3. Got the bard epic 2.0
4. Got both zerker epic 2.0s
-your silver bard and zerk can both use their 2.0 as they’re not prestige.

Don’t know if these suggestions help, but they worked wonders for me.
Good info to know, and I'll definitely check my spells and FPS as well. Thank you.

RedCents
203¢
The background FPS is huge. I had it turned down to around 20~ (old computer) and it was "thinking" so slow that my zerkers were fumbling around. boosted it to 60, night and day difference.

RedCents
105¢
@Ninjapickle something is definitely off though.

With a gold zerker in T3 and full ToV type 5s you should be approaching 100% crit rate. You should be seeing way more dps from him at least.

Do you have dissident? Maybe you could look at your disc usage in gamparse and post it here.

RedCents
141¢
I not one to promote multiple of same class.. well rounded group will outshine.. tank.. shaman bard bsty.. will help ur melee if ur not seeing any change in ur parse with a bard in group ves not in group ur not playing ur bard right at all..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)