• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How did the 10/27 patch affect us? (1 Viewer)

codecaster

RedCents
Let's get a thread going about how this patch is affecting us. People were calling this the "doomsday patch". Not that it matters... I mean people always freak out about patches, but I read in another thread that people are using warp and getting thrown back to their starting point on the next tick and various other oddities that may indicate new serverside location integrity checks.

Let us all know about new bans, new glitches with old hacks and other general oddities with this patch.

-CodeCaster

Last edited:
This patch brought anti-warp code based on packet checks and locations.

Try playing in Bazaar on wireless, you'll get your ass smacked around more then a Crackho at her pimp's house.

This patch i believe has added some server side checks for warping now. If you try to ghost via modem plugging, when you plug your cord back in, you will pop back at the spot where you unplugged at. So I think that if you warp now, it will flag you and you can not claim laggy connection to cause it because they implemented the code so you pop back at spot where you first lagged out at.

jagtry said:
This patch i believe has added some server side checks for warping now. If you try to ghost via modem plugging, when you plug your cord back in, you will pop back at the spot where you unplugged at. So I think that if you warp now, it will flag you and you can not claim laggy connection to cause it because they implemented the code so you pop back at spot where you first lagged out at.

Where u get this info anyway? Just curious, did u try warping already or somethin

I believe a good use for this thread subject would be to identify functionality of interest within MQ (as well as plugins of common interest) as to being server-side or client-side. I'm not a code geek, so it's possible it would also be of value to indicate "active hack."

Those folks who are more technically adept in this environment might not find this of value. However, those of us who rely on intuiting behind-the-scenes issues from comments others make could use this information to make informed decisions about the MQ tools we use and the potential ramifications. Should it be confirmed there are now server-side checks in place, we'd be better prepared to help keep a lower profile.

I'll start the list with items I routinely use. This list is not exhaustive, nor particularly exotic, just some of the items that significantly ehance my EQ experience. Work it, add to it, or let it die as y'all decide.

MQ2Exchange
MQ2MoveUtils (stick, moveto)
MQ2DoCrack (EB, EnviroFall, HideRun, LavaFishEyes, NoAnon, NoEncumber, NoStun, NoWeather
MQ (auto-looting, auto-selling, target from a distance, hail from a distance .. I assume the latter two are in MQ)
MQ2Map (mapshow, mapfilter)

maddog said:
Another Useless Thread

Another useless post... You seem to be racking them up lately, maddog...

Anyway, back to the topic. So lag-warping (unplugging the modem) doesn't even work anymore? Well, that pretty much tells us right there that the check is for sure server-side. I noticed there is some talk that people think it may still be defeatable on the client, but if lag-warping doesn't even work, I don't see how that's possible.

I got back on to check all my accounts this morning, and I'm still all good. My 55 warrior is even still loaded down with all the lvl 70 MM rewards and RSS / MPG gear I put on him a couple days after DoD launch.

Has anyone had any luck with /zone or the new /gate? Anyone had an account banned since the patch?

-CodeCaster

Last edited:
Was pulling a "remedial raid" in fire and lagged some on Quavonis pull... put me back at entry way of his tunnel. So the latency warp is gone.

In answer to Warrene

Moveutils is client
Exchange is client
Docrack is a memory patch, its not server side, but it is what I consider active... use at your own risk.
Mq2Map is client side
Most of the other things you put under just MQ are only clientside as well..

Serverside "Active" hacks on this site include but are not limited to:

Rwarp
Docrack
Csumm
Ghost
Gank

I forget what else is floating around here. The fact is if you use those aforementioned hacks now there is a very real chance you will get banned.

How did the 10/27 patch affect us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back