• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How are AA caps and Auto-Grants handled when you let a Krono run out? (1 Viewer)

eqmzr06

RedCents
270¢
Hello, everyone. I popped my first ever krono a week ago, which removed the 250 AA cap, and allowed me to also begin using auto-grant.

Now, my question is once the 30 days are up, how does EQ handle the auto-grants I received, and what about the AAs I have personally earned?

For example, I already assigned all 250 AAs before I popped the Krono. Since going all access, I have earned another 11 AAs. I am curious if I would lose them and return to 250 once the 30 days are up, or do I keep them and just can't assign them, or do I keep them and can still assign them, etc. etc. etc.

I don't have a consistent way of getting more krono at the moment, which is why I have to think about this kind of thing.

If you have experience with this, I'd love to learn how it is going to work. Thanks.

you will continue to be able to use any AA you have earned during this time. once your time is up you will not be able to earn any more.

There is the station item that you can increase your f2p AA cap, but autogrant will take you way over that.

you will continue to be able to use any AA you have earned during this time. once your time is up you will not be able to earn any more.

There is the station item that you can increase your f2p AA cap, but autogrant will take you way over that.
So, you are saying that the auto-grants I have received will stay?

So now - when you stop paying - concentrate on getting exp for levels and next time you have a krono then do the auto grant again. It will grant you most of the AA from the last level when you went back to Silver or F2P.

So say you have to stop paying now at level 72 - your currently auto granted all the AA up to level 72. So you play for another few months and your now level 81 and you can afford a krono again. So you pay up and do auto grant - you will get all the AA from level 72 to level 81. The limits set for F2P and Silver are overridden by krono every time. And every time you get to keep them all. Just cannot earn more unless your paying so those earned ones can be used for tradeskill ones.

Don't bother with the AA level increase in the marketplace - its like $2 for only 100 increase. And for a Krono you can do that auto grant again!

Also since you used a Krono to pay then you should revert to Silver instead of plain F2P - let us know if that worked. It will show SILVER in silver color above your character list on sign in screen in the game.

Silver gets to enjoy the AAs u have earned when u were gold
there is no more auto granting during F2P or silver
F2P has a limit of AA they can use regardless of what they earned when they were gold
I dont think there is much value on having a F2P account personally unless its an account u arent really gonna be invested in (forager, fisher, PHolder)

I was reading in other forums (unrelated to boxing) that F2P > All Access > F2P is the expectation. If the account wasn't grandfathered into Silver status back when Gold and Silver was offered, I read that you won't be able to turn an F2P account into silver after the krono expires.

I'll certainly let you all know if I am wrong or right when my all access time is up, though.

I was reading in other forums (unrelated to boxing) that F2P > All Access > F2P is the expectation. If the account wasn't grandfathered into Silver status back when Gold and Silver was offered, I read that you won't be able to turn an F2P account into silver after the krono expires.

I'll certainly let you all know if I am wrong or right when my all access time is up, though.
if you krono, accounts turn silver.

this conversation comes up frequently - if you krono a toon, and then they go non-all access --- they still go silver

example:

1597645062985.png
1597645073131.png

now, some people's experiences appear to show that going paid to unpaid might make you free again, where as krono'd all access to un-paid goes silver.

I have several accounts that are just a few months old that have never had a CC/Payment made on them (only krono) and they're all silver

re: the daybreak marketplace thing - it increases the "non all access cap" but autogrant (depending on lvl) will already take you past that --- so it won't give you another 100 or w/e on top of that, and imo, at least for live servers makes it completely worthless - because it just increases the cap which is 1000 for silver - so if you autogranted at 105 and got 16,000 AA - 100 cap increase would make you able to have 1100 - and since you are already well over that, it would do nothing

1597645590663.png

You do not lose the aa you gained when going back ftp or silver after going good for 30 days. I have plenty of ftp toons that do just fine in groups that are max aa from 1 krono and a 30 day grind for aa. They can still use all activateable aas they've bought and still get the benefit from the passive aa.

The only thing going back to ftp does is take away the ability to earn more aa and use prestige gear.

Yes, this is why I mentioned it. Many players are getting Silver - if they use a Krono - like Sic mentioned. If they use a credit card then its back to F2P it seems. And others will argue about it all day and say it is a bug that they fixed years ago and it will go back to F2P. So I didn't want to get your hopes up but its a nice benefit if it works. Plus we don't want DPG to "fix" it again if word gets out.

To me the most important loss when going back to Silver or F2P is no more J5 merc.

If going back to just F2P then its also losing the ability to be in General Chat. Silver can be in that chat.

Prestige is not a huge deal anymore what with conflag and other good stuff.

The only thing I might purchase to enhance a Silver/F2P account would be the RK II spell cap increase in marketplace. So my Silver or F2P can cast RK II spells. But sometimes there is not much difference between the spell ranks so might not be worth it.

This is great news to hear. I have 1 silver account from when I played for a month some 10 years ago. Just the difference between an Apprentice 2 and Apprentice 5 merc is huge. If my krono'd account will drop to silver, I am very happy about that.

Thank you to everyone's responses and confirmations. ( :

Discussion - How are AA caps and Auto-Grants handled when you let a Krono run out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back