• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hotzones/Leving opinions. (1 Viewer)

Wingedvillain

RedCents
84¢
Hey Folks,

I recently read on the latest hot zones since 20011 (if this list is correct) and I wanted to see other suggestions as far as AA/Leveling outside of the celebration event. Also any suggestions for plat farming when not attempting to level up?

I'm currently only running a level 82 Monk as a returning player (weaksauce I know), but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Hotzones as listed since December/2011

20 Crescent Reach TSS
25 Blightfire Moors TSS
30 Great Divide SoV
35 Stone Hive TSS
40 Dranik's Scar OoW
45 Goru`kar Mesa TSS
50 Plane of Disease PoP
55 Blackfeather Roost TSS
60 Sunderock Springs TSS
65 The Steppes TSS
70 Vergalid Mines TSS
75 Direwind Cliffs TSS
80 Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale TSS
85 Korascian Warrens SoD
85 The Feerrott HoT

The Hot Zones are not always (generally never) the best places to be AAing. Old zones where mobs have very low hitpoints, or zones which have fast and repeatable tasks are the best places to be doing.

Around the level 65, the best place would probably be The Hole. There are a lot of mobs, they have low hitpoints, and you can solo/molo there with just about any class and get a lot of fast AA.

At 70ish+ a very good spot is Dragonscale Hills "the farm". There are 3 tasks given by a gnome in the area, infinitely repeatable, and each give like 2-3AA per turn-in (up to 9aa per clear) and you can do them very fast. There is almost always a group there, so joining them will get things killed very fast. It is a very popular XP area, maybe the most popular I've ever found.

At 82 for you, your best bet would probably be still "the farm". You won't gain very good XP from actually killing the mobs themselves, but again, if you have a low AA count, the tasks give you a shit load of AA points by doing them. Alternatively if you can actually find a group, Ashengate is actually pretty good.

Look into the other tasks offered around the zone in Dragonscale Hills. There are several tasks that are -very- easy to do but have 18hour lockouts, but they still yield 2-3 or more AA per completion and you can do some of them very very quickly.

there's no true place to PL your toons, it's called find the best zone and go level/aa in it. Not ranting, but you all are taking the fun out of the game.

51-55 literally any zone that has blue con monsters. You're still low enough level that your Tank Merc (assuming you're gold member) can solo the mobs. Also, you don't really need that many AA at 51-55. Just get like your Run Speed, maybe Natural Durability etc. Your best bet is honestly just get yourself to level 65 and then go to a place I've stated above, like The Hole, or get yourself to level 75 and then go do Dragonscale Hills tasks.

Also as PCDood said, just go explore. Go to zones in your level range and just kill stuff and have fun. From 0-2500AA there is something like a 400% bonus to experience gained, so literally any mob that gives you experience points is going to ramp your AAs up very fast.

For a 3-6man group using Kiss, are zones for example Crypt of Nadox, The Hole, etc friendly with this program?

I believe I am not in the right spots when kicking off Kiss. I find myself either trying with a very low spawn rate where mobs are scarce and tons of downtime, or the other extreme where I am getting mobbed to death. Are open zones recommended or are dungeon types better for this?

Thanks all!

I'm currently running two groups, however, I'm looking more of grinding AA's more than anything. My highest as of right now is 82/Monk and lacking a bit on Alternate Advancement. I would also like to find a couple nice zones also for solid camping around 55-59, 71-82ish (doesn't have to be exact). For leveling I mostly just explore, find anything blue however not as concerned as much about that... but without AA's I'm getting beat up the higher I get.

Yes, I want the ability to run unattended/remotely from work (laughs) on my accounts using Kiss of course. So I guess my questions are where to park my group for AA grinding or recommended zones. Dungeons versus Outdoor zones etc. Do players normally stay in safe spots, near sides of zones and so forth.

Last edited:
Hotzones/Leving opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back