• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hotkeys to cover multiple different automations? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
360¢
Last time i posted a question, it went to the wrong place, here's hoping this is not the wrong place (i understand rules, so no worries)

I am not sure if i should write a small macro, or if there is a way to combine in one long multiline.

I am wanting a hotkey or macro that i press that will check to see if it is a CWTN plugin or one of the classes that dont have it. And either said mode assist, or run kissassist and set assist. then in both cases set camp radius or camphere on..

I've got a couple of keys already, but for obvious reasons the dgge to group for cwtn doesnt work on the KA guys..and on the KA guys i currently just check to see there shortname and if matches one of the classees, run KA.. But id like to shorten it.or more appropriately combine it.

Solution
Last time i posted a question, it went to the wrong place, here's hoping this is not the wrong place (i understand rules, so no worries)

I am not sure if i should write a small macro, or if there is a way to combine in one long multiline.

I am wanting a hotkey or macro that i press that will check to see if it is a CWTN plugin or one of the classes that dont have it. And either said mode assist, or run kissassist and set assist. then in both cases set camp radius or camphere on..

I've got a couple of keys already, but for obvious reasons the dgge to group for cwtn doesnt work on the KA guys..and on the KA guys i currently just check to see there shortname and if matches one of the classees, run KA.. But id like to shorten...

I've got a couple of keys already, but for obvious reasons the dgge to group for cwtn doesnt work on the KA guys..and on the KA guys i currently just check to see there shortname and if matches one of the classees, run KA.. But id like to shorten it.or more appropriately combine it.
you posted in the general "plugin" section this time, so no, still not quite.

to cover various automations at the same time you would want mq2boxr (this doesn't and won't cover all stuff, but would cover some of what you asked for).

outside of that you will want to just use the commands in a hotkey.

a toon not using a cwtn plugin isn't going to do anything trying to use a command for it, and a toon using a cwtn plugin isn;t going to do anything using a kiss command (because you shouldn't be running kiss on top).

I go over this in the "how i move my toons / hotkey" guide video - which you know about, and im sure you've seen at this point

an example:
INI:
/cwtn mode 1
/war mode 7 (or /shd mode 7, etc)
/dgga /camphere on

Solution
is there not an "if" condition i can check to see if a plugin is loaded? or should i jsut verify its not one of the classes without a plugin? BRD,WIZ, etc.
you can use ${Select and then specify by class shortnames (examples in my hotkeys guide), or you could do a very long ${If

but those sound like a bunch of extra work and failure points, since you can just use multiple lines on a hotkey like i mentioned

You may want to check the plugin MQ2Boxr.
This plugin allows to use serveral typical commands, which than will translate it for the automation you are running.
do you read the previous responses or just go to the bottom and reply? this is the second post in like 10 minutes where you repeated things i've already said =p

Somtimes I start reading this forums before I had my first cup of coffee. In this thread I found the line where you mentioned mq2boxr just a view minutes ago after I saw your last post and went back to read all posts again.

Question - Hotkeys to cover multiple different automations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back