• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Hotkey timer (/timer in socials AKA macros) (1 Viewer)

wackawacka

RedCents
992¢
I didn't see this posted anywhere else. It seems they added a command /timer . I was looking for a way to make /alt act with a count down or change the color of default hotkey made from AA window. When I came across a post from just this month on SOE forums about /timer. 1 second is equal to /timer 10 so if you need 3 minutes you need to do /timer 1800 that will give you the red count down on a self made /alt act or self made /doability.

For Example

Rich (BB code):
Divine Arb.
/timer 1800
/alt act 169

Hope this helps someone who wants a more custom looking hot-bar with colored text or spell icons.

The problem with /timer or /pause command in EQ is that it locks up everything so you cant hit any other socials during that time... Thus It's really only good for things that only take a second or two rather than something thats measured in terms of minutes.

The problem with /timer or /pause command in EQ is that it locks up everything so you cant hit any other socials during that time... Thus It's really only good for things that only take a second or two rather than something thats measured in terms of minutes.

I'm not seeing that behavior. I have one that is 3 mins and I'm able to use other socials as it counts down.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else. It seems they added a command /timer . I was looking for a way to make /alt act with a count down or change the color of default hotkey made from AA window. When I came across a post from just this month on SOE forums about /timer. 1 second is equal to /timer 10 so if you need 3 minutes you need to do /timer 1800 that will give you the red count down on a self made /alt act or self made /doability.

For Example

Rich (BB code):
Divine Arb.
/timer 1800
/alt act 169

Hope this helps someone who wants a more custom looking hot-bar with colored text or spell icons.
Is there a way to make this work through zoning? When i make a timer at the start of a quest but then zone the hotkey stops tracking the /timer.
or is there a way to make /alarm work with hotkeys so when you ask for a quest it automatically starts an alarm to alert you when you can ask for the quest again?

Guide - Hotkey timer (/timer in socials AKA macros)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back