• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hotkey that goes to MQ main chat window (1 Viewer)

uintahfw

RedCents
22¢
I spent some time looking for an answer to this question but have not been able to find a clear answer. Again, my question is as follows: how do i make a hotkey that will send the request to the MQ chat window in game? For example, I am tired of having to type in /mac kissassist and /end on all my boxes inside the MQ window directly. It would be very convenient to be able to simply make hotkeys on each of my toons that will automatically send the requests to the window. I am just not sure how to direct the hotkey text commands to MQ window. Tried making a hotkey button with /echo /mac kissassist but it just sends the /mac kissassist text to the MQ window and does not actually initiate anything, which makes sense as it is an echo command. Can anyone help me out here?

First and foremost be sure that the "server (EQBCS) and a client (MQ2EQBC)" are running. The EQBCS is an executable program you run from your desktop screen, while MQ2EQBC is a plugin that is loaded in MQ2. Also each character has to be connected via /bccmd connect <server> <port> <password>

/echo /mac kissassist <-- should only be seen in the MQ2Chat window from the character screen typed from
/bc //echo /mac kissassist <-- will be seen in the MQ2Chat window by all toons connected to the EQBCS localized server.

For more detailed information. https://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2EQBC

Question - Hotkey that goes to MQ main chat window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back