• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Hotfix 22/5 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
302¢
Just got this message on live:
msgeq.png

So, remember to only use autologin and all that :)

Seems to be for this:

May 22, 2024

*** UI ***

- Fixed a crash while in the server selection window.
- Fixed a crash while using the character selection window.

- The EverQuest Team

"SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT 13:24

A new client has been pushed to the servers, please log out and run the patcher at your earliest convenience."

Not sure what DBG pushed, but if you patch you will be out of date with RG patcher.

- E

Much needed fix, I was forced to reset my res on in the game or else the UI was all off point, the settings did not stick so I had to re-apply em everytime I logged in to the game.

Lol, didnt know was a hotfix, I just logged in as usual :)
you should only us the eq launcher on eq patch days that require you to update - or AFTER a hotfix where MQ also was rebuilt.

you should instead use autologin to launch your toons - and avoid the eq launcher any time you can

Always autologin or patchme variable. Never launcher until after MQ has updated or on patch days. This is a good habit to have always. I know habits are hard to break, but really this is an important behavior to modify.

Always autologin or patchme variable. Never launcher until after MQ has updated or on patch days. This is a good habit to have always. I know habits are hard to break, but really this is an important behavior to modify.
This is what I do because everyone suggests it, but I don't actually understand why it's important to use autologin vs launchpad. Can someone explain?

This is what I do because everyone suggests it, but I don't actually understand why it's important to use autologin vs launchpad. Can someone explain?
Because if you run the launcher, you may end up patching EQ before an MQ update is available, and then you'll be stuck until the MQ update comes out.

Launchpad will always check the eq servers to make sure you have current executable to connect.
Autologin skips that and runs executable directly. If that executable is still and too communicate with the EverQuest server (meaning they haven't changed the communication to much in the patch) then you can still play without updating.

Launchpad will always check the eq servers to make sure you have current executable to connect.
Autologin skips that and runs executable directly. If that executable is still and too communicate with the EverQuest server (meaning they haven't changed the communication to much in the patch) then you can still play without updating.
How do you do use autolog to skip it? when I open redguide go to profiles -- then all then it loads all my accounts

How do you do use autolog to skip it? when I open redguide go to profiles -- then all then it loads all my accounts
If you follow the guides for using the autologin basically it uses the main EverQuest executable with the command to skip opening the launcher. So it just starts loading your character without needing to check if you are running the current version of eq. Hence on days like this when they only do a minor hotfix if you don't update your EverQuest executable then mq can still run..... So if you use autologin you can still get in if you don't update to live.
Now if you use the Sony/daybrreak launcher then you are forced into updating EverQuest to the most current version and then you have to wait until they can catch up with a mq version that can communicate with it. So ion those rare instances where it is a minor update you can often play for a few days extra.

New to this process. Lots of good info about autologin and bypassing stuff. but... how quick is turnaround on MQ updates for those of us that woops'ed and patched already?
It all depends on how busy people are. Might be tonight, might be tomorrow. If you have a backup of the files that were patched, just restore those files and play.

In case anyone was wondering, the 3 files which were patched (that you would have to revert). Just reverting eqgame.exe will not work.

eqgame.exe
eqmain.dll
EQGraphics.dll

You would need a backup. I use separate EQ installs for each character, so I end up just updating one, seeing what file(s) were changed, and use another install folder to copy the older files back over.
installs for each character is super-mega overkill these days

News - Hotfix 22/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back