• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hi, new player questions (1 Viewer)

Rarvanth

RedCents
130¢
So, I'm quite new to Everquest and I'm looking into 6 boxing on Project Lazarus, I tried to download the red Launcher but there doesn't appear to be a download link. I'm quite blind at the best of times so I'm probably overlooking it :)

That said! is there any advice anyone could offer a new EQ boxer? :)

Also, what would be a good 6-box setup for a new Everquest player?

Thanks in advance!

So, I'm quite new to Everquest and I'm looking into 6 boxing on Project Lazarus, I tried to download the red Launcher but there doesn't appear to be a download link. I'm quite blind at the best of times so I'm probably overlooking it :)

Thanks in advance!
howdy Rarvanth,

welcome to RG

you have to be level 2 to access all the goodies

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

I seen that but I couldn't find a link in the thread it directs you to :) scrolled down a few times and didn't see it anywhere.

Sic has pointed out why I couldn't see it though :) I see it now, thanks.
Took me a little while to start understanding how things work here to be honest. The unlocking of level 2 is the key here. Hopefully folks will keep responding and or given you cents so you can buy level 2 quickly, or you can purchase.

Thanks in advance!
You have 3 months of level 2 access on me. Enjoy. If you were on FV I could give you actual help. But here is some advice. Make A Shaman and the Tank of your Choice. Offense SK, Defense Pally Get the CTWN plugins and whatever you build around that should be fine.

You have 3 months of level 2 access on me. Enjoy. If you were on FV I could give you actual help. But here is some advice. Make A Shaman and the Tank of your Choice. Offense SK, Defense Pally Get the CTWN plugins and whatever you build around that should be fine.
Rob.. you forgot bard.. must have bard.. :hfive:

Rarvanth

First piece of advice would be to not listen to the 2 goofballs above me...lol, and they are saying right now...yeah, look who's talking. Seriously great guys above. Helped me out a lot when I first started.

Anyways, best advice is to take it slowly at first. I have said this many times now, ..READING is your best friend here. Don't expect to launch MQ and then go out and start tearing mobs up cause it ain't gonna happen right away. There is a shit ton of setup you have to do first, and then comes the practice sessions. (Use the new tutorial) Where you get in a fight with some mob and you stand there with all 6 toons doing nothing and you start thinking to yourself...shouldn't they be doing something? Arghhh they are all dead.

Ok so cheap way, but longer and much steeper learning curve. DL Kissassist and set it up on your 6 NEW toons. Again read, there are a ton of posts, ad nauseum about group setup. Like many here will say, Make your group to suit your taste. Play the classes that appeal to you personally. You will find out by level 20, whether you like them or not. I will say there is a lot to be said to sticking to the old, reliable setup though. Tank, healer. and Crowd control (CC) and then 3 DPS of choice. READ first then make toons lol!

So, not so cheap way but much faster and less learning curve. So CWTN and Sic's PLUGINS are great. They allow you to play a class without really knowing how to play the class. However they do cost $20 per class per year. So if you think about it that's $120 for plugins, $15 a month for 6 accounts of EQ for $90/month, and the fees for this website. You do the math. So while you can play the game better right off the bat, there is a cost associated with it. Basically it boils down to whether you have the money or not. Or if like me, your wife let's you spend it that way or not lol. You do know what the term "wife aggro" means right?

Don't forget this game has been around for almost 25 years now. Honestly there is a ton of stuff to know about it and it amounts to hours and hours of READING. I have found that for my sanity, I just look stuff up when it becomes necessary to know it. Question about where to get spells? Google (or whatever you use) is your friend. BUTTTTTTT. If you can't find it there, here is a good place to ask. Bunch of good people here and they all take turns answering questions.

And lastly, this is a game. Have fun for heaven's sake.

Vrak

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

On project lazarus you'll definitely want to roll with 2 healers. Same setups still apply, berserkers were king there last I knew. You'll find very little support for KA/CWTN on project laz, most use the emulator exclusive E3. Kissassist works just fine, CWTN plugins are hit or miss, as you have out of era/level range AA's and spells. They did work just fine for leveling with extensive use of buff blocking. I'm far from an expert, I only managed to get to 65 and AA'd up before covid and bad luck on SK epic spawns sapped my will to continue.

Join the project laz discord, there's a wealth of knowledge there, and the folks are top notch.

Discussion - Hi, new player questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back