• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hi! New guy here. (1 Viewer)

Column

RedCents
431¢
I'm sure you see this type of post a lot, but I just signed in to EQ after 17 years. I've been playing for a few days which has given me the urge to start boxing again. I just signed up here and am amazed at all the awesome content! Boxing has come a long way from back in 99-2000 and I am very impressed.

I hope to learn more from this community and contribute once I get the hang of things!

See you around,
-Lee

enjoy....RG makes it super easy.
Yeah, I'm loving it. The hardest part for me is deciding which 6 toons I'm going to make into my "Kneecap Mafia" Everything else as far as setup has been a breeze with RG's basics videos! I'll be slamming in no time.

Yeah, I'm loving it. The hardest part for me is deciding which 6 toons I'm going to make into my "Kneecap Mafia" Everything else as far as setup has been a breeze with RG's basics videos! I'll be slamming in no time.
Fantastic! You'll surely have a blast. Doing things without the need of a big guild or friends always online at the same time as you is great fun! Any questions will surely be answered by the community, its amazing.

About the group, pick a tank, healer and a cc and 3dps. After awhile you find it quite easy to PL a new toon up to your group lvl. So dont worry about choosing wrong.

Have fun and ask questions!

If you have not looked at Sic's videos you should give them a try. He has the links in his signature. There is a lot of great info in those videos. Welcome back. I have too just recently returned.

I'm sure you see this type of post a lot, but I just signed in to EQ after 17 years. I've been playing for a few days which has given me the urge to start boxing again. I just signed up here and am amazed at all the awesome content! Boxing has come a long way from back in 99-2000 and I am very impressed.

I hope to learn more from this community and contribute once I get the hang of things!

See you around,
-Lee
Welcome to the family.

If you have not looked at Sic's videos you should give them a try. He has the links in his signature. There is a lot of great info in those videos. Welcome back. I have too just recently returned.
Hey thanks! Actually, Sic's videos are what eventually led me here. They are great.

Took me a bit on initial setup but I'm fumbling my way through. Had some wierd crashing going on and ended up deleting a couple toon-specific UI files and I was back in business. Questing is a pain in the ass but setting up a camp and murdering all the pixels is great! I ended up rolling SK>CLR>BER>BER>BST>BRD and so far they slam. I did have one incident where I had some mobs close to a cliff and mq2melee ran them behind to their deaths. Funny as hell, all I see is my 3 melee bubbas lemming right off.

Took me a bit on initial setup but I'm fumbling my way through. Had some wierd crashing going on and ended up deleting a couple toon-specific UI files and I was back in business. Questing is a pain in the ass but setting up a camp and murdering all the pixels is great! I ended up rolling SK>CLR>BER>BER>BST>BRD and so far they slam. I did have one incident where I had some mobs close to a cliff and mq2melee ran them behind to their deaths. Funny as hell, all I see is my 3 melee bubbas lemming right off.
And that my friend is why I carry a cleric at all times.

If we start a flat-Norrath club will all the cliffs magically disappear?

See you around,
-Lee

Welcome and enjoy the full power of the box!

Welcome to the community!

Melee heavy groups are always great and I cannot live without bard speed.

So I tried both haha. I was having a blast with my melee team and decided to make a caster team. Running a couple comps.
SK>BER>BER>BST>BRD>CLR
SK>CLR>ENC>SHM>MAG>WIZ

Both are fun! Only lvl 25 yet .
Im working on tweaking each class. I don't think my bard is twisting dps when camped and my cleric continuously buffs till oom so I need to look at those

GD wizard and mage pull agro all the time but I think thats cause they just hit hard and my sk is still a little guy.

Having a blast!

for ur caster group look at 2x mage, wiz, Ench(or bard) clr/shm and tank.
I run many groups 6 at a time ofcourse i dont do 12 or more anymore.
i have all 3 tanks, i love my paly but also like the SK
my caster group was 3 mages, but i dropped 1 mage for a wizard and got a nice dps spike on burns
and on a solid burn it comes pretty close to the dps of the melee group

for ur caster group look at 2x mage, wiz, Ench(or bard) clr/shm and tank.
I run many groups 6 at a time ofcourse i dont do 12 or more anymore.
i have all 3 tanks, i love my paly but also like the SK
my caster group was 3 mages, but i dropped 1 mage for a wizard and got a nice dps spike on burns
and on a solid burn it comes pretty close to the dps of the melee group
Thanks for the advice, I will build another mage and check it out. With this XP buff going on, hopefully Ill have a bunch of these guys level'd up enough do some work.

IRL - Hi! New guy here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back