• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Emo - HI, I'M BAND (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
so yeah, 70 rogue in SSC / TK gear, 70 resto druid in Meh PvP gear, 70 warrior in SSC / TK, banned for gliding. now that the hammer has dropped, i can come right out and not pretend i didn't write the botting article from a few weeks back. while i wasn't going to come out and advertise it, i figured anyone that actually read the site knew it was me writing it anyway. it got linked to tobold's blog, so i wasn't going to put myself in the spotlight, but yeah... no sense fronting about it anymore. apparently blizz had a massive glider ban wave today (last night?) and i got caught in the net. i really don't even have any interest in trying to dispute it with them, it's done. it's actually kind of a relief.

i actually downloaded glider to level my fishing, because i'd be fucked to stand there in orgimmar clicking the bobber for 800 hours straight, and i wanted my warrior to have another way to farm primals (fishing pure water in Nagrand).

leveled it all the way to 375, before i realized that the whole pure water thing was a joke. oh well.

then i looked into BG botting, and farmed up some vindicators for my druid to be competetive at all in arenas. she actually got some good gear, but i never found an arena team to play with consistently.

then i found my friends playing on Zul'jin as alliance on a PVE server, so i rolled a hunter to join them. pretty much solidly botted that guy all the way up to 36. not 24/7, but i'd run it while at work or asleep for a few hours.

it's all gone, but at least i was smart enough to invite a RL friend into my bank alt guild, and give him unlimited access to the gold and gems / chanting mats in there. he can go in there and clear it out now, and xfer that toon wherever he wants for 25 bucks if he wants.

just yesterday, i had ordered age of conan, and was finding myself with zero interest in playing any of my end game toons anyway... the only thing i'd been playing for the last week or two was my newb hunter, and even then, the leveling (when not botting) was painful enough that i began to push the limits, kinda hoping i WOULD get banned, to have it out of my hands once and for all.

i had "quit" wow twice before, one time at 60 sharding all my gear and giving my gold away in ogr. then i came back, mooched money off friends, got some greens, and went back into molten core to rebuild. later i didn't make the same mistake, but just cancelled the subscription for a time, then came back.

now at least, coming back isn't an option. AoC will arrive, and i'll love it or hate it, but there's no way i'm buying a new wow account and starting from ZERO.

;)

I'M FREEEE!

/cheer

That sucks, you seem pretty happy about it now i guess, but im willing to bet on a few pangs when wotlk comes and you want to give it a whirl. On the other hand, what does wotlk bring to the table for somebody whos completely bored of wow.

the only thing that shits me is that i was looking into how much money i could get for my accounts recently, but the number was so lame that i didn't bother.

i hand leveled all the 70s, and geared them out pretty well. i only used glider for fishing, some BGs on the druid, and the new hunter i had rolled to play with friends.

should have taken the money, no matter how minimal, but hindsight is 20/20 ;)

poor iso!

dont you know.. rule #1 for botting...

use another account thats not your main... plus i have a 99.9% fool proof way to bot. and its worked for me since my last ban, like at patch 1.6 or something

:ripperjack:

yeah, i've never had more than one account, so it wasn't really a choice of choosing which to bot on. the glider guys had pretty good detection schemes set up for when warden got patched. blizz snuck one under the radar this time by leaving warden completely alone and patching the actual client itself for 2.4.2. sneaky sneaky!

i've got AoC in the mail, and i've reapplied to the warhammer beta under a different name for lols ;)

hahaha Iso i got hit with the banstick too, 70 hunt full s2 and full ssc/TK gear, along with a 1950 arena team.

I looked at the "BANNED" screen and really just laughed. It's just a game, and to be honest im more then thrilled that im done with it.

Emo - HI, I'M BAND

Users who are viewing this thread

Back