• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hi guys! (1 Viewer)

LorDeth

<<NO GIF ATTACHED>>
RedCents
1,538¢
Hi everyone, I'm back after a year and a bit break from EQ.. Just re-subbed here on RG to get the show going again!

I see a lot of new names here, that's awesome to see the Redguides community is still going strong!

I wanted to ask, what's the current sentiment on multi-boxing right now on live/test etc and preferrable servers? I've got toons scattered all over, but was wondering where I best should start up again and knock all those cobwebs off the ol macro-mind! Thankfully i still have all my old ini's and stuff, but I'm sure they're outdated and will likely break :D

Anyway, I will see you all around here soon!

Cheers
LorDeth

I think as long as you aren’t in the current hot spots you won’t be bothered. People who don’t will always be bothered by the people that do. Good luck and welcome back!

I’m boxing over on test and have straight up said things in general chat like /rgstart and other mq2 commands due to typos and nobody blinks an eye. I usually log out due to embarrassment but nobody says anything and I haven’t gotten scolded at all.

Welcome back! I play on live servers and rarely run into issues. But I also tend to avoid hot zones / highly contested areas just to make sure I avoid any drama.

I been back for 6 months, FV is box friendly, normally 40-60 bot teams on at anyone time. as mentioned earlier, dont be a ass, dont hoard the good camps, and nobody cares.

Thanks for the advice! I dont have the newest expacs right now anyway, so I wont be in any new content yet.. I might buy CoV when it releases, and get my toons caught up (and actually have to do some leveling again!) but that wont be for at least a month or so..

One other question... I used to use EQBC, and it worked well for me, other than the occasional delays I'd get where it wouldn't relay /bc commands through it.. Was very odd, and only happened in certain zones (EOK Chardok seems to ring a bell)..

but there's this new Dannet thing as well, and was wondering if alot of you preferred that or still stick with EQBCS?

Welcome back, One option if you have chars all over is you could copy them to test and box them together if you wanted.

Welcome back!

The good thing about your old INI's is you can pretty much copy and paste the sections that are relevant (ie, dps, buffs, etc) into the new INI's. Not sure about conditions but the spell's should still be the same. FV is great as mentioned, Test is good also as there is almost no one there. And you can test copy which takes the need for plat or even items away in early/mid/endish game.

Not everything is converted from EQBC to DN. So I end up with them both. Some macro's use both and so there is no real way to be 100% one or the other I think.

Leveling is pretty much the same - if you have access to a high level SK, you can use the hatchery macro to PL pretty quickly. A 110 SK I think can get you to 70/80ish depending on your gear. Unless you want to grind it up old school... my 0 to here looks kind of like ...Crushbone to Unrest to LGuk to Seb to Baston to Dragonscale and so one.

IRL - Hi guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back