• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Hi folks... (1 Viewer)

Grimthorn

RedCents
Just thought I'd drop in and ask the peanut gallery a couple of questions...

1) Is it my imagination, or are more people walking away from WoW and checking out other MMO's including older ones like CoH/CoV and even *gasp* EQ?

2) I'm recovered enough from Last Year's DragonCon to start thinking of panel ideas for this year. I don't know how many I'll have to work with this year, or even if I'll be hosting panels again. (they changed the "guy in charge") If you were going to go participate in a panel discussion about MMO's, what would you want to talk about?

Bonus Question) If I told Alihja she had a beautiful body, would she hold it against me?

-Grim

Yeah, some people are walking away from WoW. But I see them leaving to try Vanguard or LOTRO rather than ancient stuff. I'm saying with WoW personally, I've grown to enjoy it quite a bit.

As for a panel, "sex in mmorpgs" you can talk about whatever you want, the title will bring the audience.

We had "standing room only" crowds last year, but I'm sorely tempted to use that idea just to see how many folks show up.

We find it to be hard to make time to stab in a busy world. Without that regard, a love for Warcrafts Crusade does still run deep.

Staying in WOW because:
1) still is fun
2) made lots of funny online buddies I hope I'll never meet in real life
3) lazyness
4) the other games on display just seem re-hashed versions of WOW

Fry's idea will get Nerds running-in from Alaska

Grimmy.

I'm playing LoTRO. I still have my WoW account and EQ2 accounts active. Jim reactivated his CoV subscription last week. He played t for 10 minutes, logged out, and hasn't played it since. For me, it's always the new stuff that grabs my attention. It's like I'm always looking for the perfect MMO.

Fry has the right idea on the panel. Send an invite to Brenda Brathwaite, and a few other interesting people. You should be set.

I've been trying to get my friends to graduate from wow and move onto eq2 with me...

ack.. i fled eq2 for wow Graphics are ok in eq2..but i've had horrible lag... and then they started merging severs... we lost that community feel we had -

we lost that community feel we had -

So you went to *WoW*??? Lol, that makes me giggle :P

And yeah, a lot of people are just dropping WoW hard over the last few months. Either for something new, something old, or just to take a break over the summer... which most of them did NOT do last summer.

People just aren't diggin it as much. It's grown fairly stale for a lot of people I think.

I did DAoC for about 2-3 weeks. Got a char to 60 CL 5-6ish and then quit. Now currently working on AO. Started up a new Doctor have her at 127ish on RK1. Been levelling mad slow though as I am trying not to get too far ahead of slower levelling RL friends who I am playing with. This game is pretty shitty in a lot of ways but for some reason it still amuses me. I think the game has a better sense of style than most MMOs and the fact that it is sci-fi is a huge plus.

I have had a few RL friends here and there try to get me back into WoW but I just can't seem to find any interest to play it. *shrug*

Hi folks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back