• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hey Guys Need help with my phone hotspot and my laptop (1 Viewer)

RedCents
133¢
I have unlimited Hotspot and I am able to. connect. I can use internet but when I try to launch EQ it won't let me log to server. I can try using cable from phone to laptop maybe that will help. I have Samsung 21 with 5G. Can anyone give me some ideas plz

Thanks Guys

Ok, so I'm super jumping ahead here which is usually not a good idea. But I just saw a thread on this and since it's such a quick fix figured I'd throw it out there and see if it helps you.

Use a VPN on your phone then try again. Some folks using hotspots have been port blocked either by the isp or DBG cuz..reasons.

If you don't want to try that or did and still have no luck. Let me know and we'll go step by step.

I have been able to connect via my Verizon hotspot on my phone no issue.

Stupid question but do you have access to the rest of the internet?

I would agree trying a VPN would be a good step to try

Either way should be fine. Lots of VPN apps are available but I couldn't tell you which is best or free.

Honestly, I was hoping this would be a "quick" fix for you and that does not sound like it's going to be the case.

What version of EQ are you trying to connect to? (Might need to patch)

If it's Live/Test/Beta can you log into your account on the EQ website? (Make sure your account is not suspended or have some kind of double auth setup)

Run a speed test and make sure you are not getting some kind of crazy bad connection.

Does the launchpad work/connect/patch the game and it's server select that doesn't work?

Can you get into test?

Could it be something wacky like launchpad isn't actually patching so it won't let you load the server?

Best thing to do is

1) hard format and do not install any other programs on the Labtop
2) Keep labtop only for EQ purposes and general browsing

those two things will make it go easy and smooth
If you really need the laptop for other games you can dual boot windows

Then you can have the other partition for other games and such and not worry as much about another game updating something that breaks EQ

Question - Hey Guys Need help with my phone hotspot and my laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back