• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hey buddies what gender are you? (1 Viewer)

Houston is pretty fun during the 1 winter every 3-4 years when it actually "snows" or sleets or anything that involves bridges having frozen water on them. The last time it actually snowed here I was driving home from work and in the 15-20 mile drive along the same highway I saw something like 9 accidents each involving 3-12 cars. You mean it's not a good idea to drive 65 on ice with one car length between you and the guy in front of you?! no waiz !?

Our weather here is pretty fucked too. Last week it got down around the upper 30s or some shit. (it was cold. yes that is cold here. yes I have been places with lower humidity and 30 here feels like -40 in CO only worse because even standing in the sun it's fucking cold here and it rains. a lot.) So back to the point which I lost somewhere... Today it's around 75-80. Having to use the AC in the winter is mad good fun.

that's another one of the nice things about living up here, the salt trucks hit the streets before it even starts to snow or if it rains and is going to get cold, so ice never really has a chance to form. When snow does get a chance to pile up on the street, doing about 40 is fast enough, i'm not saying gun it in the snow, but 20? learn to drift through turns, or lrn2drftthrutrns. and one more thing, if you drive a rwd, be smart and keep it in the garage. gettin tired of seeing you in the ditches all over the place, and no i will not stop to help because you were stupid.

Aaahahahaa!
th_100_1306.jpg
FTW!!!!

(I had a really hard time picking which was my favorite pic of my jeep)

PS. Runned, that pic is from the infamous 'forced my kids to larp' trip.

Aaahahahaa!
th_100_1306.jpg
FTW!!!!

(I had a really hard time picking which was my favorite pic of my jeep)

PS. Runned, that pic is from the infamous 'forced my kids to larp' trip.

Nice Jeep!
*relief at finding out i'm not the only one offsetting his nerdness with a 4wd*

PS: your kids will never forgive you...

Incompatible: although i agree that rwd is not ideal for snow, remember that BMW only produces rwd, and trust me when I tell you the weather in Bavaria is everything but friendly in the winter. So if you actually know how to, you can drive without tailgaiting at every corner... And its a LOT more fun than with fwd or 4wd cars

The most fun I've had driving on ice was when I was duty driver in the Marines, and had to take some noobs to the base next to ours for medical treatment in a Humvee. AWD + diesel + no seatbelts in the cargo bay (being used as passenger transport) = fun for me, bad for them.

Close second was driving my crappy-ass '93 Ford Probe GT (RWD) when it iced over here in Dallas last year. Was really, really, fun, and yes, you can powerslide easily in a rwd if you know what you're doing. Which I don't, but pulled off anyways.

Oh, and just to let you all know, nachos are good.

Nice Jeep!
*relief at finding out i'm not the only one offsetting his nerdness with a 4wd*

PS: your kids will never forgive you...

Thnx for the jeep love.
And the kids....well.....long story shore. The lady and I were bored, and the kids were all like "Dad, when are we gonna eat? What's for dinner? Can we have smores for dinner?" to which I giggled, glanced at my beautiful love, and stared my son in the eye "lad, today is a special day, for you shall QUEST for your food". My daughter sighed and sat in the grass and my son just giggled and said "where is my gear then? where are the vendors? who's the quest giver?".
It went downhill/uphill from there, depending on who you were. It was great. AT the end, my "mage" daughter was yelling "ice bolt" while hurling chunks of ice from the cooler at my "hunter" son who was frantically dodging them. The Ice Storm is what got him though. Damned AOEs.
Best camping trip with the family ever.
Sorry to go off topic, but I just love that story.

i agree rwd is great fun to drive in snow or ice, problem is, most people don't know how to keep it under control, and it is difficult if you're doin anything over 35. i drive a fwd and it's perfect for flyin around the slow cars and around corners while keeping control. i've found the best way to take a corner is to up shift to drop the rpms down to keep the front end from breaking loose, start the turn, give the hand brake a good pull to break the back end loose, and allow the front to pull the car through the turn while the back end slides around it. then downshift and let the front end break loose down the straight just for fun and to get back up to speed. i did that right past a cop comin the other way, surprised i didn't get pulled over for reckless driving or something.

and on a side note, having your kids do that is pretty damn funny

pffffft cheat "pull the handbrake"...
You can get the rear end to break loose faster and cleaner with a small touch on the brakes, followed by a short but strong push on the gas, then de-clutch to get it back in line, its way better! The coolest thing I've seen on snow driving up to now is this awesome trick my mom does where she parks the car in one go by spinning it into the parking spot with the tiniest margin front and rear by using the hand brake. I wet my pants from anxiety everytime I see it though it always works...

PS: man today has to be the most boring day EVER at work, my heart is going to stop beating because even my internal organs are bored...

heh first of all that sounds like it'd work much better if my car was rwd, if i hit the brakes (no anti-lock brakes) and then hit the gas for a second, i'm just gonna end up spinning my front tires and slide straight forward. i still think the best thing i've ever seen in a car was with my brother's wrx. ever seen an awd car do donuts? it's like there's a spike through the center of the car into the ground and it just spins in a perfect circle. a little bumpy since none of the wheels were actually spinning on the ground and are really hopping off the ground, but fun as hell. and i know exactly what you're talkin about that your mom does, i haven't tried it yet, but it looks sick.

I've played with the impreza (actually a lot more with the evoVI but its more or less the same set up) and it is awesome...

I've tried drawing my mom's trick in 2s on paint (so bear with me 'cos I suck), I think you'll get the point. She just arrives next to the spot, pulls the brake and spins the car into place (this on impossibly narrow european lanes)
No wonder every kid in school wanted to car pool with me...

yea that's exactly what i was thinking of with your mom, closest thing i've come to that was droppin my friend off a couple years ago. he lived at the end of a long 90 degree curve to the right so the first night i just did a simple slide through the whole turn right into his driveway which was on the inside of the turn. he was glued to the seat but said it was awesome so the next night, i did a 720 through the whole turn and backed right into his driveway without stopping. he turned pure white and was holding onto the oh shit bar with both hands. i don't think he ever got back in the car with me after that but it was fun.

and what the hell was this thread about originally anyway?

I don't know what it was about, something to do with robot women or something. And jello.

I have not yet mastered the handbrake-turn-slide thingy. I can powerslide decently, but not a full drift-turn. Oh, well, gives me a goal to achieve. I'm always afraid in doing something like that that I'll break my car somehow. I know, it's kinda dumb, but the last thing I need at this point is a dead car.

yea my car breaking down is always in the back of my mind doing that kinda stuff, but so far in 4 years, i've only blown the master cylinder to my clutch and blown out a few tires, nothin too serious. the whole drifting thing just takes some practice, find some suburban curvy roads at night when there's less cars out, and just have some fun, don't stick around the same spot too long, cuz the screeching tires will cause someone to call the cops for making so much noise. just have to relax and have fun. and if you really wanna learn drifting, mix some oil and bleach together and cover a parking lot in it at night. you'll have a few hours of some slick road and the bleach will cause it all to dry up before morning. just beware of the streetlights

A car is just a horse-less buggy

Hey mine has LOADS of little horsies under the hood! Says so in the brochure they gave me when I bought it. So there!

Blood & Incompatible: Awesome idea with the bleach! Soo doing that on my bosses parking lot (the day I resign from my job - in like 2 years), what i used to do with my bro was to buy a car for 200bucks find a dirt road (scrape all numbers off it) and slide it 'till it died... :D

yea we used to do the same thing, except buy some beater in chicago, and drive it up to the backroads of wisconsin. Someone has a picture of us in front of the last car we tried it with, it's sorta wrapped around a tree sideways, with the whole interior engulfed in flames. Great fun with only a sprained wrist and ankle, and I think a minor concussion.

yea we used to do the same thing, except buy some beater in chicago, and drive it up to the backroads of wisconsin. Someone has a picture of us in front of the last car we tried it with, it's sorta wrapped around a tree sideways, with the whole interior engulfed in flames. Great fun with only a sprained wrist and ankle, and I think a minor concussion.

Awesome.

Whoah! Where did all these wonderful smilies come from?
:axe: :gtfo:

LMFAO, at the smiley name for :axe: .

Hey buddies what gender are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back