• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hey buddies what gender are you? (1 Viewer)

Frybread

RedCents
31¢
I was talking with Alihja about gender, girl gamers and whatnot then I remembered this link:

http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.html

Just pop in one of your articles and it tells you what gender you are.

It's obviously faulty, because Minkyboodle's GIRL IRL article came up as:

Words: 928
(NOTE: The genie works best on texts of more than 500 words.)

Female Score: 752
Male Score: 1045

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

On a sample of one:

Female Score: 2103
Male Score: 1721

...that's what I get for trying to sound eloquent...

Words: 867

Female Score: 1187
Male Score: 1084

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: female!

Words: 715

Female Score: 977
Male Score: 825

:mad:

If I took the test, it would read...

"The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: Should get laid"

Typical!

Words: 8858
Female Score: 9649
Male Score: 13006

On a story i wrote

There's this one by Homer.

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138

Genie sez: Words: 1283

Female Score: 1892
Male Score: 1482

--------------------------------------------
What about That One Guy?

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724

Words: 700

Female Score: 1318
Male Score: 811

-----------------------------------------------

Here's me!

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103

Words: 450

Female Score: 387
Male Score: 638

-------------------------------------------

No way! One more.

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652

Words: 575

Female Score: 1175
Male Score: 1543

-------

Hunh.... it's not doing so well. What about my "Girl Gamers" article?

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193

Words: 647

Female Score: 850
Male Score: 1063

--------------------------------------------

Hey, I'm twice the man that I used to be.

So, if I'm not mistaken (and I might be cause my boss has for some reason turned the lights on in the bldg and I can't see shit) but it looks like Gender Genie is just wrong all the time.

So, if I'm not mistaken (and I might be cause my boss has for some reason turned the lights on in the bldg and I can't see shit) but it looks like Gender Genie is just wrong all the time.

That, or we have a lots of transgendered individuals here. :eek:

I don't have access to the NY times article, but somehow I doubt counting conjunctions makes for an accurate measurement of gender.

Words: 1830

Female Score: 2908
Male Score: 2377

Considering this was taken from a random emo guy's livejournal, are they insinuating women are whiny? >;o

I think the presumption is that females will write subjectively where as males will write objectively, ergo, females will overuse posessive adverbs & what not (hers, she, myself, me, we, your) whereas males will write in a more Spartan format, hence increasing the propencity (sp?) of common words (is, the, a, are) as well as "base" prepositions (above, below, to, at). At least, that's what I make of it.

I still find it to be much more rewarding to save the words, wait for a red light, walk up to the driver side window, and punch them in the face.

That's cause they don't know there's more to a road than a quarter mile, other cars in their lane, yellow doesn't light up before green, there's other vehicles besides rice burners and crotch rockets, and there's lotsa signs all over the place with rules. Quite confusing to them if you ask me, especially since they can't see any of it anyhow.

That's cause they don't know there's more to a road than a quarter mile, other cars in their lane, yellow doesn't light up before green, there's other vehicles besides rice burners and crotch rockets, and there's lotsa signs all over the place with rules. Quite confusing to them if you ask me, especially since they can't see any of it anyhow.

At least they don't crash their cars as soon as it starts raining...
(and no don't try and disprove me, I lived 3 years in the US, saw 33 states and laughed my ass off everytime it rained at the abysmal driving skills of the average american)

wow, you should watch Phoenicians try and drive when it rains. Just watch from a safe distance.

You mean it actually rains in Phoenix?

I drove there from Flagstaf (spelling?) once about 10 years ago, around the time of an eclipse actually and I remember thinking "if I have to stay out here and look through these fucking glasses one more sec in this heat, I'm going to have a nerd holocaust" (which even a 100years from now would remain undeniable)
I think I landed in the middle of an Astronomy club gathering or something... And they're worse than mudders...

I live in Tucson, which is between Phoenix and the Mexican border. We are an oreo cookie of omg when will jesus come back and bring the rapture

You should see people in chicago drive in the rain or snow. Even at the slightest hint of rain, people slow down to 20 in a 45mph zone. Drives me fuckin nuts. If you can't do the speed limit safely by knowing how your car reacts to rain, or how to stay in control of a slide or hydroplane, stay the hell off the road, don't make the rest of us suffer cause you can't drive. That and the asians up here can drive just fine, well most of them. It's the mexicans that just don't give a damn and cause 80% of the accidents. They never use their mirrors, even when backing up out of a parking spot, and they don't know that you don't have the push the pedal to the floor for the car to move. Most of them don't even have a license, insurance. It is kind of a nice feeling to watch the person that hit you get arrested right in front of you though.

You should see people in chicago drive in the rain or snow. Even at the slightest hint of rain, people slow down to 20 in a 45mph zone. Drives me fuckin nuts.

not only the US has this problem, people in good ol Dutchyland do the same and it fricking rains here 70% of the days in a year

I live in Tucson, which is between Phoenix and the Mexican border. We are an oreo cookie of omg when will jesus come back and bring the rapture

/point
/laugh

Ok, I jest as I've only been there twice as the drive makes me want to slice my face off with a brick.

I love how this thread started as a discussion of writing and gender and some stupid website, and has devolved into a discussio of driving. It makes me feel like we're all just a bunch of 70 year old men, sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs, complaining about everything, and trying to one-up each other. God I can't wait to be old.

Ya, but when it does rain, it's usually a pretty sweet lil storm. I actually enjoy the heat. It's the winter that kills me. It's freezing this morning. (62 outside)

ha, freezing is more like 8 degrees, which was the high here last week, and now it's 50, only in this damn city. i'm counting on hitting the negatives next week

ha, freezing is more like 8 degrees, which was the high here last week, and now it's 50, only in this damn city. i'm counting on hitting the negatives next week
Suuucker!
hehe, na, any thing below 55 shuts me down and turns me into a snively lil bitch.

I love how this thread started as a discussion of writing and gender and some stupid website, and has devolved into a discussio of driving. It makes me feel like we're all just a bunch of 70 year old men, sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs, complaining about everything, and trying to one-up each other. God I can't wait to be old.

Even better, it's evolved to weather. We're now truely old bastards bitching about the weather. Life is grand, and yes, I comment frequently to my fiance how much I can't wait to be a bitter old man.

Back in my day, we used to say that freezing was 32 degrees fahrenheit. And we had to walk 40 miles to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill, both ways, while juggling a chainsaw, an alligator, and a porcupine. Only to find out that the school was closed. And the alligator had rabies. And gave it to the porcupine. And then the chainsaw bit me. And then Space-Jesus came down from his rocket of light and said, "Yea, bitchin' art thou. Turkey." And I farted. And the alligator, porcupine, Space-Jesus and I all just laughed and laughed, til the cows came home from a long day at the office, and when dinner wasn't laid out, beat some sense into their wives. And this, my friends, does not make any sense. Or does it? No, it does not.

I'm with you Jynxe and Bloodybloodblood, been dreamin' of retirement ever since I was old enough to understand the concept of paid employment...
That and beeing able to tell everyone: "Back in my day, blablabla wasn't the same blablabla 'cos you youngsters are all loosers blablabla"

With regards to the weather, I made a smart decision a few years back (the only one, EVER) and found a job that would allow me to move to the tropics: I live in Venezuela (for now) and have an average & constant temperature of 25°C (77°F) with the occasional shower... (& a 30min drive to the nearest carribean beach)
Driving is a bitch: like in every 3rd world country traffic is a real pain (but a chauffeur for a week costs as much as a 10min cab ride in Chicago or NYC) and you do end up having the occasional fun moment behind the wheel...

This is my new favorite thread ever.
I love all of you. I hope you love me back, and love me hard.

Hey buddies what gender are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back