• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Heroics, skill mods and you! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
130¢
So, I'm a returning player. I quit 9 years ago. just came back less then 3 months ago. Things have changed... a lot. (coming back has been made so easy thanks to RG and eqresources) and I can't thank enough the Dev's/Coders/Mods here for everything they do.

Anyways, Heroics. I see they made it simple and made a heroics simple in the Inventory window, saying when next heroics will up another Stat upgrade, but what happens when you reach max? Are there more diminishing returns? Or once you reach 300/300 or 45/45 there's no more you can gain? Is it possible to reach 305/300 and be beneficial? or just a waste?

What about skill mods? Is getting the type 3's from LDON's for backstab for a rogue, to max out backstab worth it?

I appreciate any and all input!!

I know this isn't an "everquest" direct forum, but I trust many of the members here and value their input just a bit more than most on just everquest.com

Mods dont stack, but have all been tagged (afaik) with a % not to exceed X. so 8% dodge, not to exceed 40..

There is a built in cap on heroics, was just upped 2? years ago, think 4600? 4800? caps any one stat (look for patch notes i think spring 2022). If you just came back, your fine, your not gonna be there for.. a good... minute.

Mods dont stack, but have all been tagged (afaik) with a % not to exceed X. so 8% dodge, not to exceed 40..

There is a built in cap on heroics, was just upped 2? years ago, think 4600? 4800? caps any one stat (look for patch notes i think spring 2022). If you just came back, your fine, your not gonna be there for.. a good... minute.

I've looked at tons of Mageo's and everything is so conflicting in the top raiders, some have them, some don't, etc etc

And yeah, I've noticed getting Heroics is a hassle, and I'm working hard on it. I'm sitting around only 3000 heroic dex right now, but it's so much nickel and diming. The new Type 5 augs from LS have made that easy with farming both missions every 5 hrs and almost got every slot In the LS type 5 dex Aug already.

So, just 1 type 3 Mod for backstab? best I can find? or does that count for daggers that have a mod Aswell and pointless to go farm Ldon's for the type 3 backstab because the mods wont stack?

I've seen most people they stop stacking at 4k and start to diversify at that point, but presumably your going to need a decent amount of slots being raid gear and filling all your OTHER 7/8 etc slots along with your type 5s

I'm still surprised we dont see more things like "being near this raidmob drops your hStats by 1k points" or some such, forcing raiders to stack more and more, while group content stays capped at whatever value they determine (Currently like 4k)

Discussion - Heroics, skill mods and you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back