• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Heroic Characters Free (1 Viewer)

dulak

RedCents
794¢
Heroic Characters are coming to EQ sometime before the 15th Anniversary ends!

For accounts created before Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per account.
For accounts created on or after Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per household.

The per household will most likely be an IP check.

Heroic Character Notes:
-Come with a Raptor Mount
-2x 24 slot bags and 4x regular Backpacks in their bank
-Level 85
-Auto-granted AA up to UF
-Come with a Journeyman Tier 1 Merc, there is also an exclusive quest in Feerrott to get a Journeyman Tier 5 Merc on completion of the Quest (Quest Guide will be on our site later before it goes live)
-Starts in Feerrott
-Gear wise they are just under HoT Tier 1 stuff (about 1-2 ac less, 50 hp/mana/end, -1 to -2 mod3s, etc): Stats/Items Unbuffed Magician (Malachite was bought though from Vendor)
-DoN AA Progression + MPG Trial Progression are completed
-All skills maxed except for Languages at 50/100, TS are at 25/300, your Specialization is picked for you, have to do the old quest to reset them if you want other ones
-You get all Rank 1 Spells up to Level 85
-Making a new Heroic Character: Choose toon regularly then hit the Heroic Character button, it will keep all origin, stats, looks, etc you picked
-Making an old toon a Heroic Character: Will simply level them up to Heroic Characters, can be done at character select with the Upgrade Character button
- Feerrott (HoT version) has been changed, around the Plane of Knowledge is now a safe area surrounded with NPC's that will memblur and send mobs that get close to their bind, most NPC's were moved to here as well (Maps will be updated sometime later before it goes live)

I was wondering how they were going to do the once per household check. If it's just IP, that would be incredibly easy to get around...

VPN

- - - Updated - - -

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/heroic-characters-begin-their-adventures-in-norrath-on-march-12.208798/

Link to the entire story officially from sony btw :)

That's what I mean. Is it just IP restriction, or will they have a more sophisticated detection method? I'm not sure this is confirmed yet (or can be confirmed yet, can it?) If it's just IP restriction, there are myriad ways to accomplish this, VPN being one. If it's more sophisticated the problem gets more fun =D.

Just read an update on this, apparently, it's only gonna be available between March 12th and March 26th.

Just FYI, this is correct that VPN is required for changing your IP in EQ, a proxy tunnel doesn't work. Or at least I couldn't get it to.

That's what I mean. Is it just IP restriction, or will they have a more sophisticated detection method? I'm not sure this is confirmed yet (or can be confirmed yet, can it?) If it's just IP restriction, there are myriad ways to accomplish this, VPN being one. If it's more sophisticated the problem gets more fun =D.

We'll test. From the bans I've been handed, EQ doesn't track much beyond IP.

Time to make an army of 85's and just store them for later?

If you're looking for a quick buck, I think it's a great idea. You can probably get $20 a pop for them after March.

yup, i got my 4 or 5 main accounts - but i got another 11. I'll create one of each class and wait a month or so and sell them on super cheap :)

So, should I make the characters on live then transfer them to test, can they be transferred? Also do I have to make these characters before March 12th-26?

between 12th and 26th in order to get it for free, otherwise you'll pay 3500 SC for a heroic character.

Log into test server right now, and create a new char and hit upgrade to heroic character - you'll get an idea on how to do it when it goes live

so if i wanted to do the make an old char into a heroic to get the DON aa . would that mean that my lvl 100 char would drop down to lvl 85 and loose all his raid gear?

nope, your 100 char would stay the same - you'd get the bits you didnt have already, like DoN/MPG progression and any AAs you lacked. as well as the 2 bags and the mount

Today is the day peeps!

While driving to work I was thinking about the 1 free char per household for accounts created after Nov 8, 2013.

If you create a char on a new account and heroic it, you will use your 1 free char per household... then heroic the chars on your main account and you should be safe.

I am afraid if you heroic your main chars first, it will take up the 1 free char per household.

Better be safe then sorry =)

- - - Updated - - -

Just read that SOE states it shouldnt matter, but I am not taking any chances =)

Pretty damn awesome, I did this for all my toons. I even had some old shell accounts (no characters, but sold a character and transfered off) and could login and create a heroic toon. Probably have another 5-10 accounts i could track down, but not really going to bother since its such an old game and selling toons isn't profitable especially after they incorporated Heroic Characters hehe.

On my mains, I claimed heroic on them just for the DoN progression reward. So no longer do I need to do any of that crap, which I'm one happy guy right now. I'm curious what this influx of money will do to the Krono market. its already 400k on a good day, and I don't even want to think how much it will be after this.

Have two shell accounts too, but cant make a heroic toon there somehow. Patch to fix stuff has probably bugged it 😂

I assume I need to have the most current expansion to get a free heroic toon?
I have 6 accounts but it says "0 heroic characters available" except on the 2 accounts i have the newest expansion for where it says one...

Even using a new VPN, they're still detecting that I've already used the heroic upgrade on a different account. Ideas?

Create one at work? =)

Would be awesome to create unlimited heroic chars on new accounts, we have a few weeks to figure it out

I assume I need to have the most current expansion to get a free heroic toon?
I have 6 accounts but it says "0 heroic characters available" except on the 2 accounts i have the newest expansion for where it says one...

No, I got free Heroic on a free account that has never been gold. There does seem to be a problem since a lot of accounts that should have a free heroic available (made before Nov 8th) aren't showing the free upgrade.

Even using a new VPN, they're still detecting that I've already used the heroic upgrade on a different account. Ideas?

It seems like they determine "part of household" at account creation. (Not at character redemption). Did you create the account under a VPN?

No, I got free Heroic on a free account that has never been gold. There does seem to be a problem since a lot of accounts that should have a free heroic available (made before Nov 8th) aren't showing the free upgrade.

Were they going to patch this?

- - - Updated - - -

Also if i use a heroic character (level 85) can i still group him with one of my other characters thats level 70 and get exp? not sure how it works in EQ1 since no mentoring :)

It were the rank 1 spells that were upgraded to rank 2, if you don't have rank 1 spells you don't get rank 2. That's what I figured out so far.

Probably a bug /bonus =)

News - Heroic Characters Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back