• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Help with resolution settings (1 Viewer)

RedCents
68¢
I have done some searching and have found where people need icons and text larger but I am looking for the opposite. I used to play on two laptops and had an issue that both my external monitors and one laptop suffered an unfortunate death.
I have since decided to use a 50inch Sony 1080p I had laying around and run 5 toons between the two screens but when I tile 4 of them on the big screen everything is super large and blocks most of the viewable area on each toon. Is there anyway to just reduce the size of everything just on that screen or am I screwed?

Maybe use a custom UI that replaces the usual icons with minimalist versions of the same thing.

Or maybe consider not tiling multiple characters across the screen and instead run them all at full screen and stack them so that you only view 1 char at a time.

Thanks for the reply I am looking at ui’s that will help with reduced resolution in windowed mode and will probably ask questions over there to see if there is a way.

I do not want to view just 1 character at a time I like to watch all my characters and have the ability to manipulate them and do other tasks and tabbing thru 5 eq screens plus other programs is not what I want to do.

If I have to get a new laptop and new monitors I’ll go that route instead just didn’t really want to spend a couple grand right after Chris

First you gotta set the resolution on the 50" through the laptop's secondary display settings. When windows looks right, then you gotta make sure your EQ resolution is turned up too. You may need to reload depending how you are tiling the windows. From there...I assume you're tiling basically four quadrants? If then still bad, go with the custom UI but start with resolution

The thing you have to remember is that when you run EQ in window mode it uses the setting from windows ... You have to start there and set up your resolution in windows first.

I run on a 65 in 4k HD ...my resolution is 3840 .. 2160.... size of text is set to 200%. This works for me but I only have one screen up at a time and the rest run in the background.
I can switch by either clicking on the window I want or I can hit the key I have set up to switch tabs...

I have never tried to put up different window in a tile setting. (bad eyes)

Not sure if this helps any but just something to mull over.

Zeb

I was able to get a definitive answer that an old 50" tv wont handle tiling the way i wanted.
EQ windows will not scale to fit proper within the pixels. I hooked up to a slightly larger 4k tv and had zero issues with tiling i would actually have to increase font sizing as others have had to do so it all comes down to the limits of the display not EQ or the laptop.

Thanks everyone for the advice and direction

IRL - Help with resolution settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back