• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Help with group and letting vanilla run while I read a book (1 Viewer)

Bone

RedCents
123¢
I’m a old school player who never boxed. Took several breaks but always played a necro. That being said I am working on a necro, mage, shaman, warrior for boxing with two cleric mercs. Will this combo work for doing all content? If not what should I change? Keep in mind the necro stays either way.

Second part is when I read about vanilla etc I remember seeing this can be set up to run by itself while I read a book or whatever as long as I’m at my computer. Anyone have a link to a easy to understand site for a person who has never boxed? Any help is appreciated.

I’m a old school player who never boxed. Took several breaks but always played a necro. That being said I am working on a necro, mage, shaman, warrior for boxing with two cleric mercs. Will this combo work for doing all content? If not what should I change? Keep in mind the necro stays either way.

Second part is when I read about vanilla etc I remember seeing this can be set up to run by itself while I read a book or whatever as long as I’m at my computer. Anyone have a link to a easy to understand site for a person who has never boxed? Any help is appreciated.
Welcome @Bone !

First - You definitely want to check out the Getting Started Videos - they will give you a really good foundation to build on - I also have a little snippet video i put together for another RG member (which is in my signature).

Secondly - the part about "doing all content" - Mercs haven't been given much love these days and underperform by a large margin - if you wanted to solely box all group content, you would likely have much better success with a full group (in my experience a 105 f2p cleric is much better than a 110 merc, for example). You should also strongly consider a CC for your group. It is *possible* to do content without crowd control, but would be very difficult. Since you're already rocking a mage, you could easily toss a chanter in the mix.

Me personally - VeryVanilla changed so fundamentally how i play this game that i retired my ~20 year old necro in favor of other dps options since necros have not been give much love in the past few years with regards to the speed of group fights - mobs simply die too fast.

Much of your group makeup and such depends on your goals and expectations - I only mention the stuff because you said doing all content --- TBL specifically, was a large jump up in difficulty compared to previous expansion to expansion difficulty.

My suggestion is to not overwhelm yourself out the gate - I would work on getting your current crew working with kissassist and then expand from there once you have the "fundamentals" down. some of the "advanced" stuff can be very overwhelming when you are getting used to all of the things at once - so don't be shy if you have questions or need help.

An alternative to using KissAssist - is IHCMercs these are "out the box" merc replacement macros designed to just "do-the-thing" and they are a fantastic solution if you don't want to mess around with settings or .ini files or don't want to do any customization.

To answer your question about reading a book etc - There are pull functions in a few of the macros, including Kissassist which will automatically pull a mob back to your camp and then kill it before getting another one. We obviously encourage At-Keyboard playing like you suggest, and what you are asking is possible.

Discussion - Help with group and letting vanilla run while I read a book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back