• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Help with DPS Monk/Zerker (1 Viewer)

Paxzon

RedCents
71¢
Currently, I am running MQ2BerZerker and MQ2Monk. Monk is LVL 111 with 15002 AA. Zerker is 112 with 13750 AA.
I am thinking I want to get both of these guys to 20k AA before moving forward with levels. I am curious where I should be putting my AAs since I know I am doing it wrong. They are not hitting anywhere near the numbers that I am seeing people reporting when it comes to dps.
So where should I focus my AA on these guys? They are both in the full set of visible level 1 from the latest expansion. Both using 2hb weapons from the same expansion and I have Conflagrant Gem of Devastation 2hb aug in the weapons.
Monk AA Weapon Master of the Katori is 59/65 and he has a lot of his kick AAs.
Berzerker AAs I have a bunch lol but no clue where I should have been putting them to make her a DPS god that everyone keeps saying she should be.

Sathir's Tomb 20 mobs in the back room where Crypt Feaster, Golem, and Skeletons are.
Monk AVG DPS 85k
Berzerker AVG DPS 63K

Any help as to what I can do to improve DPS on these two would be greatly appreciated.

Currently, I am running MQ2BerZerker and MQ2Monk. Monk is LVL 111 with 15002 AA. Zerker is 112 with 13750 AA.
I am thinking I want to get both of these guys to 20k AA before moving forward with levels. I am curious where I should be putting my AAs since I know I am doing it wrong. They are not hitting anywhere near the numbers that I am seeing people reporting when it comes to dps.
So where should I focus my AA on these guys? They are both in the full set of visible level 1 from the latest expansion. Both using 2hb weapons from the same expansion and I have Conflagrant Gem of Devastation 2hb aug in the weapons.
Monk AA Weapon Master of the Katori is 59/65 and he has a lot of his kick AAs.
Berzerker AAs I have a bunch lol but no clue where I should have been putting them to make her a DPS god that everyone keeps saying she should be.

Sathir's Tomb 20 mobs in the back room where Crypt Feaster, Golem, and Skeletons are.
Monk AVG DPS 85k
Berzerker AVG DPS 63K

Any help as to what I can do to improve DPS on these two would be greatly appreciated.
AAs are definitely important - for zerker look at things like Synergy in focus tab - I would also make sure to max out braxi's howl as soon as you can.
Decap, Blur of Axes, intimidation, frenzied volley, uncontained frenzy, weapon mastery of the juggernaut etc

Since you are a bit behind on AAs - do you also have all of your abilities? like doing a /zerk missing - does it say you are missing anything? like dicho/dissident for example?

For melee toons you get so much return from HDex - so ensure you are getting all the slot 5 Hdex Augs you can

My 2 zerkers consistently do over a million dps on named mobs and they're both around 1900 hdex (with the new tov ones, we'll get a few hundred more)

That zerker dps is pretty low - do you have axe components for your axe throwing abilities?
Did you disable anything like frenzied resolve?

Disconcerting is your "always up" disc and it's cycled between Disconcerting and your epic unless you're burning or using frenzied resolve.

Dicho/Dissident Rage are your bread and butter. Absolutely crushes things. Used in conjunction with Braxi's Howl to do 800k-1m+ damage.

Both of those are crucial to the DPS rotation.

For your monk you’re going to want to start with any aa that increases your dps by a % first (burst of power comes to mind/maybe a few more in archetype), your kick aa s need to be a focus before weapon master because you get majority of your dps from kick. Also, Max out synergy because it provides adps for your group + your monk. Then your other focus ones are important as well.

I’m assuming you’re stacking hdex already. Whenever I get home I’ll look at my monk.

Wymranar, Thanks I have now started to max out all the kick AA. I also maxed out Weapon Master of Katori. That helped his DPS a ton. I am 4/12 in synergy
Jande, Yes I had the components for the axes. Thank you its much better now she is putting out 200k DPS regularly and when I burn she is in the 500k area. My main issue with Zerker is what AA to get first. Where do you get the most bang for your AA $$ if you will?

I am happy with where both of these guys are it really was simply missing spells and putting AAs in some areas to generate more DPS. I am thinking I will move them up to 115 and then come back to AAs. I wish there was a guide somewhere that said put AA for monk/zerker in these areas first to increase DPS.

Disconcerting is your "always up" disc and it's cycled between Disconcerting and your epic unless you're burning or using frenzied resolve.

Dicho/Dissident Rage are your bread and butter. Absolutely crushes things. Used in conjunction with Braxi's Howl to do 800k-1m+ damage.

Both of those are crucial to the DPS rotation.
can you expect zerk to have poor dps without TBL expansion?

if you feel you have inadequate damage output for the class/level/gear you are, make sure to type /zerk missing

it's possible you're missing an ability like dichotomic rage which is the younger brother of dissident rage.

if you feel you have inadequate damage output for the class/level/gear you are, make sure to type /zerk missing

it's possible you're missing an ability like dichotomic rage which is the younger brother of dissident rage.
i got dicho, i think i'm good with my zerker dps and the plugin now its hard to tell at the moment as i'm grinding AAs out on 7 second fights lol

Request - Help with DPS Monk/Zerker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back