• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help on /keypress (1 Viewer)

Druid

RedCents
50¢
A noob question if I ever saw one, but I've looked at the MQ2 manual for /keypress and /bind and whatall... and I can't get it straight. :confused:

I have a EQ Hotbutton tied to alt+Num_/ ("alt" plus the "/" on the number pad)

How do I tell MQ2 to hit that key under certain conditions?

keypress 1 ??

It's the alt + num_/ combination I'm having problems with.

I can handle the "conditions".... It's the other end of the "if" statement I cant figure out.... I just need help with the syntax of the alt num/ key specification in the /keypress statement

What does the Alt+Num_/ hotkey do? Instead of doing a keypress, you could just do this...
Rich (BB code):
/if (condition) {
 /target blah
 /delay 2
 /do hotkey command
 }
I hope that makes sense, if not, just say so and I'll say it again after I get some sleep.

plink

/alt activate # is for AA abilities

/doability 1-6 is for action abilities (fishing forage etc)

/doability 7-12 is for combat abilities (attack, bash etc etc)

Key for the doabilities is it does the number which means you have to have that ability on that ability button

and of course

/keypress 1 - 0 is your hotbar

if those are not what your looking for pls be more specific

ARMY

Sorry I'm not being clear. It's easy to know what I mean, ya know?

/keypress 1 - 0 is your hotbar

/keypress 1 thru /keypress 0 only works if your hotkey are tied to 1 thru 0, right?

Well I have a SECOND hotkey block set up... and active, on-screen at the same time.
I have mapped them to ALT combinations so I can keep them seperate.
One of these is the "/" key on the number pad -- called NUM_/ according to the MQ2 manual.

SO... I have a MQ2 macro that wants to "keypress" the ALT + NUM_/ key.
That would be the same as my fingers holding ALT and hitting the "/" key on the number pad.

How do I tell MacroQuest to "push" that combination of keys ?

Druid, I've tried a few times to make /keypress work with Alt+Num_/ and it's not working. I've tried with just the / key and other variations, I think that's just one of those keys that isn't going to work. What does the hotkey do when you manually push it? We could tell you how to get around the /keypress if you'd just tell us that...

plink

Yeah Army, the problem with that is that no matter what I tried I couldn't make the /keypress Alt+Num_/ work. It worked with other keys, just not the Num_/ one. Beats me as to why it wouldn't work.

plink

about 5 min

search keypress on macroquest

then there is a link to /bind

/bind eqlist tells you all the keys you have bound in eq

so i bound alt+Num_Slash to a key .. and thats what it tells me

then i did a /keypress etc etc in the game .. it worked like a charm .. all done

ARMY RULES!!

8-)

Help on /keypress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back