• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Help for a handicapped player (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
What is the best setup to use for a single player who is handicapped with a degenerative disease that effects mobility, who's main is a Wiz? His hands work ok but he is slow now.

His toon is 115, reasonably geared (he also raids - he is always bottom of the parse these days due to being unable to move the keys quickly, even with multibinding.) He 'forgets' to use the hotkey's for AA's. He is an outgoing guy and always willing to help others. He wants to keep playing but needs a little assistance.

He gets embarrassed to be parsed these days. He used to always at least be top 10 if not top 5 but time has not been nice to him. Everyone in my guild knows his situation and is being kind, even with failed emotes on raids which can make some people very angry..

If you were going to set him up for game play what would you use? (Currently I set him up with kissassist but I am pretty new to MQ and suspect I don't really know what I am doing since the person he chooses to assist does not always trigger the ini to run)

Appreciate any help with setting him up, (I use MQnext with the Button Lua tool and CWTN pluggins as well as Kissassist but I run 6 toons and he only has one.) I am just an average player/end user but pretty good at following instructions.... thanks in advance for any suggestions to help.

Last edited:
What is the best setup to use for a single player who is handicapped with a degenerative disease that effects mobility, who's main is a Wiz? His hands work ok but he is slow now.

His toon is 115, reasonably geared (he also raids - he is always bottom of the parse these days due to being unable to move the keys quickly, even with multibinding.) He 'forgets' to use the hotkey's for AA's. He is an outgoing guy and always willing to help others. He wants to keep playing but needs a little assistance.

He gets embarrassed to be parsed these days. He used to always at least be top 10 if not top 5 but time has not been nice to him. Everyone in my guild knows his situation and is being kind, even with failed emotes on raids which can make some people very angry..

If you were going to him up for game play what would you use? (Currently I set him up with kissassist but I am pretty new to MQ and suspect I don't really know what I am doing since the person he chooses to assist does not always trigger the ini to run)

Appreciate any help with setting him up, (I use MQnext with the Button Lua tool and CWTN pluggins as well as Kissassist but I run 6 toons and he only has one.) I am just an average player/end user but pretty good at following instructions.... thanks in advance for any suggestions to help.
howdy Demoria,

I'm sure your friend greatly appreciates your help! having a friend is a huge gap closer in getting mq2 working how you need/want it to!

without sharing personal information we have a few folks with various levels of limitations/need who are able to find what works for them and are able to perform (better than your average person i might add!).

there's a little bit of a learning curve with MQ2 - especially to find what works best for the particular needs of the individual - but once you have a setup, and have some buttons/hotkeys to be able to just click to fire up what you need, things get much easier

there are a few options that would work great:
- kiss like you mentioned
- mq2mule with muleassist (only available in macroquest2 and not next - the mq2mule part)
- rgmercs - which is a kind of "turn it on and let it do its thing" setup with less configuration and setup needed
- mq2afnuke by jimbob
- cwtn plugins - we don't currently have a wiz, but we do plan on doing all of the classes

once you get figured out what direction is the best for the needs - its just a matter of getting some hotkey buttons made so your friend can click to start it up / end it / move around (like utilizing nav to nav to a specific person by name or like raid assist role, for example)

The problem with raiding and many of the automation tools is that they're often dependent on having the group MA role set, which isn't commonly done in any particular raid group. Ideally you'll find something that works with or without group roles unless the guild members are all aware of accommodationsare needed.

i have lots of questions. he may just need some gaming peripherals. with a little knowledge on his set up like does he use multi bind key or five line socials. Also with mq2 loaded he can he can use multiline and other mq2 commands for an ease of access. with the above you could make single button responses for him. He could literally hold one key to dps. I use to dps a monk with one key and use 2 five lines to heal mt with cleric.

Question - Help for a handicapped player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back