• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Funny - Hello world (1 Viewer)

underdog

RedCents
13¢
For the firkin life of me I cant stop typing this once a day lol .

#include <stdio.h>
void main()
{
printf("Hello World');
getchar();

}

I dunno just thought that was funny , :)
:D:f5::dance:

Common mistake from what im told while typing a lot of code . wouldn't know myself im still doin basic lol learning stupid console apps

I always make mistakes in my single and double quote usage in formatting php strings. It makes it worse when you need to spit out html with php since the attributes to the tags need quotes!

well I was told that basic was the best place to start but , figured why not just jump right in with C++

I'm not sure what your goal is, but if you just want to learn coding (logic, arrays, etc) without having to have knowledge of a billion libraries, I would do JavaScript. Can do it right in browser, it is not a strongly typed language. Once you know how to program in one language (LISP etc are obvious exceptions) to work in other languages all you need to do is learn the workflow. JavaScript has no barrier and you can start with the meat and potatoes right off the bat, where as C++, Java, C# are compiled and have a large barrier to entry.

With the popularity of NodeJS, you can easily make server/client apps, web pages, console apps all in JavaScript.

ok cool will consider that
sounds like where i will start

THE CODE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT SEEMS EASY ENOUGH TY

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your goal is, but if you just want to learn coding (logic, arrays, etc) without having to have knowledge of a billion libraries, I would do JavaScript. Can do it right in browser, it is not a strongly typed language. Once you know how to program in one language (LISP etc are obvious exceptions) to work in other languages all you need to do is learn the workflow. JavaScript has no barrier and you can start with the meat and potatoes right off the bat, where as C++, Java, C# are compiled and have a large barrier to entry.

With the popularity of NodeJS, you can easily make server/client apps, web pages, console apps all in JavaScript.

As someone who used to teach undergraduate Introduction to Programming and similar courses, I firmly disagree.

Starting with a softly typed, vaguely object oriented language is a great way to learn a lot of terrible patterns, and you have very little structure for safety net.

If you want to go deep and truly understand software engineering, C++ actually is the right choice, though it's dropping you in the deep end. Everything after C++ will look easier and familiar. I'd recommend taking a course if you go this approach, since you will otherwise end up doing a lot of terrible things you probably won't even know about.

If you just want to learn some general programming, a solid, high level language such as C# or Java is best. I'm a big fan of C#, and the tooling is certainly superior in Visual Studio.

Funny - Hello world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back