• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hello newb here (1 Viewer)

flowerbased

RedCents
276¢
Hello everyone. I was told this was the place to go for an EQ bot/macro or what ever. How does one buy it and set it up I am very novice with computer things.

If you could show me where to read up on it and how to buy it that would be a great start. Thanks

Hey flower,
Check out the videos here:

If multiboxing looks like something you're interested in, sign up for level 2 here:

Hello everyone. I was told this was the place to go for an EQ bot/macro or what ever. How does one buy it and set it up I am very novice with computer things.

If you could show me where to read up on it and how to buy it that would be a great start. Thanks
Welcome @flowerbased !!! You've come to the right place
To get setup with your subscription go >> HERE <<

Then you will want to watch the starter videos redbot made >> HERE <<

what is a true box server, I want to play on Firiona Vie with my friends

Sorry this is a lot to take in for someone that doesn't know anything. Sorry if I am being annoying
"TrueBox" are the servers that only allow you to use 1 character per computer - they are "progression style" servers

Firiona Vie - you can 100% use VeryVanilla there

The hardest part is getting used to the amazing amount of things that can be done. I'm still finding things I never even knew existed. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions, amazing people here.

OOF I wish they would have told me to download the mesh files before all this so that would be going while I still watch the videos. It does download really slow. I have 1GB up 1GB down and its going to take an hour to download 2GB

If starting from scratch for toons, there are many lower level ini's in library that will be great starting points. There are also a ton of useful things, will go to pok and scribe new spells, spell skilling up, the amount of things you can find is insane.

So I have the group set up

warrior

cleric

beastmaster

rogue

bard

Enchanter

How do I fully automate the group? I will be controlling the enchanter. I want the bard to pull, warrior tank, cleric to heal, rogue to DPS/Backstab and beast lord to pull out pet and DPS and have them all med while nothing is in camp

Right now I'm just using a assist macro

/bca //target id ${Target.ID}
/bca //stick behind 15
/bca //attack on

The video I watched claimed this program can set up a camp and the puller will auto pull. You set up roles like MT, MA , puller and the program does the rest.

The healer is supposed to heal your MT at said % life, the rogue is to auto go behind mob and Backstab etc etc

The video I watched claimed this program can set up a camp and the puller will auto pull. You set up roles like MT, MA , puller and the program does the rest.

The healer is supposed to heal your MT at said % life, the rogue is to auto go behind mob and Backstab etc etc

If you want that, you need to use kissassist.mac. There are ini's which you can use to set up your team to be automated and look under resources for kissassist.mac ini's.

Depending on levels, can either set Bard for puller, tank as MT/MA. Depending on level, when rest of group will assist (lower levels won't matter, but after a bit war will need a bit for aggro which sucks for a few) cleric ini will need heals for MT set up. If lower levels Almar's (insert level) insert class ini, we're great for me to get the basic functionality down and then experiment from there.

- This page really helped me in the beginning.

Go here and scroll down to video #5, then read the settings and commands links below

Thanks, I have watched all the videos but it still leaves questions. For the most part, my group is doing its thing. I will check back tomorrow when I wake up to ask a few more questions.

I would really like to thank all the people that that responded to help the newbie you do not know how much that means to me thank you all very much

cannot for the life of me get my cleric to sit and med. She will go OOM and just stand there. MY chanter will sit and med after every fight

I just want the rogue to go behind the target and back stab and my enchanter/cleric sitting 24/7 unless they're casting

Last edited:
cannot for the life of me get my cleric to sit and med. She will go OOM and just stand there. MY chanter will sit and med after every fight

I just want the rogue to go behind the target and back stab and my enchanter/cleric sitting 24/7 unless they're casting
Try the plugin mq2heals as well as the macro auto_CLR. You can find them VIA search bar and you can use them together. I find this the best way to run a cleric. If you are going to use Kissassist, then change your med setting in your kissassist_charname.ini. it will look like this:
MedOn=1
MedStart=80
MedCombat=1
default is like 20, casters I keep at 80 or 90. These numbers represent the percentage of mana they have when they will sit and med.
The medcombat line determines if they will med during combat. 1 is yes, 0 is no.
Same with medon: 1 is yes, 0 is no.

Enjoy the learning curve ;)

As for the rogue, same deal. kissassist_charname.ini, look for the Melee section.
Here is an example of one of my rogues melee section.
[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=50
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
AutoHide=1

At lower levels(if you are) my cleric was burning through mana due to lack of mp and just being able to burn through mobs. May also need to lower the percent you are healing tank for a bit, if trying to heal tank at 99,will burn through more mana then starting heals at lower. It's all about tweaking the ini for what you need and want.

Okay, I got her to backstab! yay!

One last question for the day "I hope" :)

I have my bard set up as the puller how do I stop him from DERPing and trying to pull mobs I don't want him to pull. Like right now he is trying to pull a translocator lol

Question - Hello newb here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back