• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hello! Introduction (Autobots Roll Out) (1 Viewer)

vantix

RedCents
310¢
Hey gang, new to the forums, but I've been leveling my crew on Project Lazarus. I've been using their prepackaged "E3" setup, but I'm intrigued by the Kissassist and Redguide method. Hoping to check out the community here and learn more about scripting and macros.

My team is all just shy of level 50, and I'm starting to get concerned that I've messed up my crew. So Far I have:

Cleric, Monk, Druid, Paladin, Bard, Berserker. I'm thinking I should have picked up and enchanter for the mez? Maybe a wiz for the boom?

Would love some feedback on the crew, any tips for using Redguide setup / kissassist on Lazarus, or any gotchas on flipping over from the E3 setup. Or hell, tell me I screwed up and should re-roll decepticon ( I do love me some Soundwave).

Hope to hear from you!

The only things that are truly required are tank, healer, CC, which you have covered with the paladin, cleric, and bard. Everything else is based on your personal preferences and playstyle. This group looks fine to me.

Bard mez is good but requires more bard resources to keep things mezzed than enchanter, but bards are the best splitters and pullers and are incredibly flexible as to the other things they bring to the table. I prefer to run a bard to an enchanter in melee groups.
Druid is a healer/support/DPS role, you have heals more than covered between cleric and pal so unless you really love druids then this is probably the easiest to swap out. Shaman fills a similar role but also brings slows, so your bard doesn't have to spend time slowing. Wiz can port if you want and fill a caster DPS role, you only lose the backup heals.
Monk and berserker are both good melee dps.

Again outside of the tank/heal/CC trinity the rest is personal preference.

The only things that are truly required are tank, healer, CC, which you have covered with the paladin, cleric, and bard. Everything else is based on your personal preferences and playstyle. This group looks fine to me.

Bard mez is good but requires more bard resources to keep things mezzed than enchanter, but bards are the best splitters and pullers and are incredibly flexible as to the other things they bring to the table. I prefer to run a bard to an enchanter in melee groups.
Druid is a healer/support/DPS role, you have heals more than covered between cleric and pal so unless you really love druids then this is probably the easiest to swap out. Shaman fills a similar role but also brings slows, so your bard doesn't have to spend time slowing. Wiz can port if you want and fill a caster DPS role, you only lose the backup heals.
Monk and berserker are both good melee dps.

Again outside of the tank/heal/CC trinity the rest is personal preference.
Thanks for taking the time to look over my crew! I feel like the druid offers some boom, but a wiz might offer more oomph.. Not sure though. I definitely like having the ports and speed buffs, but with the I can keep the speed up.. Swapping to a wiz seems viable for my preferred style of play... But after 50 lvls I'm not sure it's worth rolling another one.

Then again, I suppose I could always build a new 6 man crew and get all the classes I'm missing.. and roll them all up.. Hmmm..

Have you had much success with various bard plugins? Twisting works well, but I'm having issues getting instruments to swap.

bards rock. enjoy what it has to offer your group down the road. zerker and monk have good auras for different purposes down the road. Cleric is a very strong healer especially in group content. druid has crossover ability plus evacs if its hitting the fan. Pallie will be some fun for you in the last few expacs, all the undead /kiss.

Lv 50 is about where u kinda remember how to play your toons or you start really refining what you have been learning. lv 60 will be a better judge of that. The newer lines of aas and abilities dont really kick in until 85? ish (i could be wrong).

I would say baseline your toons at lv 60ish before you really decide what to go with down the road for harder content. Honestly, with what RG has to offer, You will be able to enjoy levelling up much easier with more control than ever. It wont be the hated grind it used to be. Your crew sounds fun and it is definitely viable for future content. I would honestly say take some time, level up a few other classes, see how they work with the classes you enjoy playing in that format and go from there. (it will sound daunting to lv up 2 or 3 more toons to the same lv but it will actually be crazy fast compared to what you are used to by now. )

As always, its Tank priority, heal next, cc/slow etc next. dps last. Find your most fun tank, if its p[allie, u r alrdy 1/3 there. Healer. Cleric is way op as a group heal, especially down the road with the aas. If you enjoy cleric. presto. done another 1/3, If not, maybe take a peek at a shaman for a bit, great buffs, added debuffs, slows... and it can easily heal group content, especially with the plug ins and the Ini Files here, There are some crazy good one's. Can never go wrong with a cleric though. they are stupid strong. cc/bufffs... You have a bard... Bards are spectacular on their worst days. so much utility, so much to add to a group of any format. they just keep gettign better and better the higher lv they go. Most unbderappreciated class in eq imo. I mean, on those days when you are feeling particularly skibbly.. u pull, u cc, u buffagrouptothemax with attack stuff and spell stuff and even give healers instant cast heals if u wanna go that route. fun fun...

Dps.. mix and match honestly. find your mojo here and enjoy it. Anything can work so don't feel like you have limited viable options for synergy/viability. One of the very best things about the game is there is no cookie cutter group. there is just fun group a/b/c/d etc. look up the synergy effects in each classes ( special ) aa set, the ones they give others in the groups effects for. Find ones you think might really make your play style fun and doable. toss them into your group and try them out. Worst that happens is you have another class to work on down the road if it didn't enjoy it. some classes to look at for dps... melee rogues r scary, beast's are fun and have some nice utility and buffs you already have monk and zerker to give a look at. Ranged --- all kinds of fun here. dont forget about rangers,. everyone can enjoy a nice splatter on the ground from time to time and they do have some really,really nice buffs for doing names. Wizzie is interesting. mage is as well and has more than just dps to offer. necro... um. im a lover of the necro but you gotta be real special to pump out dps on a necro when mobs die in 20-30 seconds.

Anyway, just got home from work so I am probably needing some me time lol. and took it out on you in this post.

3 steps... everything else is just gravy on the roast beef, and mashed potatoes, maybe some mushrooms/onions... ya I'm hungry now.. thx... lol

tank,heal, cc/debuff..
Gravy = Dps (find the taste you enjoy)

Watch the amazing Videos:) and keep coming back here as much as you can. it is the best site going.

Welcome to RG

ZD

bards rock. enjoy what it has to offer your group down the road. zerker and monk have good auras for different purposes down the road. Cleric is a very strong healer especially in group content. druid has crossover ability plus evacs if its hitting the fan. Pallie will be some fun for you in the last few expacs, all the undead /kiss.

Lv 50 is about where u kinda remember how to play your toons or you start really refining what you have been learning. lv 60 will be a better judge of that. The newer lines of aas and abilities dont really kick in until 85? ish (i could be wrong).

I would say baseline your toons at lv 60ish before you really decide what to go with down the road for harder content. Honestly, with what RG has to offer, You will be able to enjoy levelling up much easier with more control than ever. It wont be the hated grind it used to be. Your crew sounds fun and it is definitely viable for future content. I would honestly say take some time, level up a few other classes, see how they work with the classes you enjoy playing in that format and go from there. (it will sound daunting to lv up 2 or 3 more toons to the same lv but it will actually be crazy fast compared to what you are used to by now. )

As always, its Tank priority, heal next, cc/slow etc next. dps last. Find your most fun tank, if its p[allie, u r alrdy 1/3 there. Healer. Cleric is way op as a group heal, especially down the road with the aas. If you enjoy cleric. presto. done another 1/3, If not, maybe take a peek at a shaman for a bit, great buffs, added debuffs, slows... and it can easily heal group content, especially with the plug ins and the Ini Files here, There are some crazy good one's. Can never go wrong with a cleric though. they are stupid strong. cc/bufffs... You have a bard... Bards are spectacular on their worst days. so much utility, so much to add to a group of any format. they just keep gettign better and better the higher lv they go. Most unbderappreciated class in eq imo. I mean, on those days when you are feeling particularly skibbly.. u pull, u cc, u buffagrouptothemax with attack stuff and spell stuff and even give healers instant cast heals if u wanna go that route. fun fun...

Dps.. mix and match honestly. find your mojo here and enjoy it. Anything can work so don't feel like you have limited viable options for synergy/viability. One of the very best things about the game is there is no cookie cutter group. there is just fun group a/b/c/d etc. look up the synergy effects in each classes ( special ) aa set, the ones they give others in the groups effects for. Find ones you think might really make your play style fun and doable. toss them into your group and try them out. Worst that happens is you have another class to work on down the road if it didn't enjoy it. some classes to look at for dps... melee rogues r scary, beast's are fun and have some nice utility and buffs you already have monk and zerker to give a look at. Ranged --- all kinds of fun here. dont forget about rangers,. everyone can enjoy a nice splatter on the ground from time to time and they do have some really,really nice buffs for doing names. Wizzie is interesting. mage is as well and has more than just dps to offer. necro... um. im a lover of the necro but you gotta be real special to pump out dps on a necro when mobs die in 20-30 seconds.

Anyway, just got home from work so I am probably needing some me time lol. and took it out on you in this post.

3 steps... everything else is just gravy on the roast beef, and mashed potatoes, maybe some mushrooms/onions... ya I'm hungry now.. thx... lol

tank,heal, cc/debuff..
Gravy = Dps (find the taste you enjoy)

Watch the amazing Videos:) and keep coming back here as much as you can. it is the best site going.

Welcome to RG

ZD

Wow thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed response! I've definitely enjoyed having the Pally / Cleric combo. Plate armor always seems nice, and the clerics heals are far more powerful than, say, my druids. Even as a bot, The Pally seems to be doing a decent job of holding aggro.

I've read several posts saying similar things about bards, that they are super under appreciated. I'm definitely using mine as a utility player, and if I'm totally honest he spends most of his time twisting melodies and assisting the tank with his regular attack. I'm sure there is a lot of refinement I can do in his ini.

Being brand new to both EQ and and the macro scene, it's hard to know what I don't know, but it's also so exciting! I'm not sure what I should be working on, or the best places to go, but everyone has been very kind and offered sage advice.

Speaking of being kind, it looks like you kind folks have given me enough red cents to try level 2 for a month? THANK YOU! The EQ community here and on the servers seems so kind, helpful and generous. Both in spirit and with your time! I'm so glad I found my people!

Welcome to RedGuides!
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Hey gang, new to the forums, but I've been leveling my crew on Project Lazarus. I've been using their prepackaged "E3" setup, but I'm intrigued by the Kissassist and Redguide method. Hoping to check out the community here and learn more about scripting and macros.

My team is all just shy of level 50, and I'm starting to get concerned that I've messed up my crew. So Far I have:

Cleric, Monk, Druid, Paladin, Bard, Berserker. I'm thinking I should have picked up and enchanter for the mez? Maybe a wiz for the boom?

Would love some feedback on the crew, any tips for using Redguide setup / kissassist on Lazarus, or any gotchas on flipping over from the E3 setup. Or hell, tell me I screwed up and should re-roll decepticon ( I do love me some Soundwave).

Hope to hear from you!
Good Morning, and welcome!

You have a really good start going with the Holy Trinity. Tank, heals, cc. I would stick with:

PAL,CLR,BRD as your base, then BER, and I would swap out the DRU,MNK for a BST,ROG. This is IMHO of course, but play what you like - always. I just look at the synergy, and what I know works.

Good Morning, and welcome!

You have a really good start going with the Holy Trinity. Tank, heals, cc. I would stick with:

PAL,CLR,BRD as your base, then BER, and I would swap out the DRU,MNK for a BST,ROG. This is IMHO of course, but play what you like - always. I just look at the synergy, and what I know works.
I'm not going to lie.. I had to lookup what BST even was... I'm so new I didn't realize beastlord was a class! I'll have to check out some videos on them and see what they can do.

Coming from other MMOs (WoW specifically), Rogues always seemed to be so dependent on positioning.. Amazing DPS, but you needed to be behind the target to executes backstabs and the like. Is the same true for EQ? Do the bots handle the mechanics well?

The more I read the more I think I should fire up another "Seal Team" of bots and get some more classes for versatility.. Levels seem to come fast, especially early on.. Hmmm

Rogues are position dependent here as well, but yes, the automated tools are amazing! It really is a set-it-and-forget-it mentality.

BST brings a lot of utility and aDPS to the mix, plus pseudo SHM buffs.

Rogues are position dependent here as well, but yes, the automated tools are amazing! It really is a set-it-and-forget-it mentality.

BST brings a lot of utility and aDPS to the mix, plus pseudo SHM buffs.

Ahh Shaman buffs and DPS would be a nice tradeoff for the monk for sure.. I'm use the druid so much for speed and teleports, and I flip over and manually control her to off heal if I get in a pinch.. I'm worried about ditching her and hurting her feelings..

With all of the ways to travel in this game, I have yet to Wizard or Druid since coming back and I gotta say, I do not think I miss it at all.

This is just my opinion, but I think if you add a BeastLord, you'd be set...

Pal, Cleric, Bard, Monk, Zerk, BL (for the shaman buffs, EM pet, and MELEE buffs, while also providing another heal in pinch; in my experience paladins are squishier than war/sk, so this would help buff him up a bit and provide another solid melee synergy into a melee group)...

Then you can park your druid in POK/Guild Lobby and use it as needed for Ports and Whatnot. (campfire in the druid, AE TL to Guild Hall, use Guild Portal anywhere druid can't take ya)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

I actually keep my druid leveled for the ports, also don't forget druid skin + symbol = better a/c and more mana regen. also dru damage shield. the other thing I love is binds. later on, you can change your primary bind location, which in my case i actually have my druid bound in bloodfalls < ToL expansion> since getting there is a PITA, not hard just a pain. (( also wanna drop in here i didn't see anyone recommend a fellowship. It costs you nothing and the rewards are nice)) back to my scenario .. ill drop a grp member, invite the druid, and have the druid teleport bind .. everyone gets to bloodfalls, I drop a fellowship campfire, camp out the druid, and use fellowship to "bring" the other toon. my group make up is SK ,BERSERKER, BERSERKER, CLERIC, BEASTLORD, BARD. zerkers are massive DPS right now, and the 2 of them play off each other's alliance, especially with the bard over haste. and since zerkers are takers< meaning they take more buffs than they give, and the only thing they bring is da pain =))) the beast lord shared ferocity as well as shammy-Esque buffs stuff just melts
The other really nice thing is if it looks like a wipe, turn off the bard and use fading memories. (once you get that) the bard stays alive. there are rezz tokens available from the loyalty vendor and the overseer vendor, so once camp clears, bard rezzes back clr , and can start mana regen songs. OR worst case, everyone dies, remember that fellowship? well just release and fellowship back, and save the rezz token, and use bard as the lookout. again just my 2 cents worth. but there is soooo much utility that can be done in the game and this community is by far the BEST thing since sliced bread.
SiC, Redbot, knightly vorpal, just a few off the top of my head.. are SUPER helpful and easily explain anything. and they never get tired of us nubs =P they just point us in the right direction.
anywho WELCOME TO Evercrack, I MEAN Everquest and the Redguides family.

PS, those rezz tokens can be used in battle, so if the healer does go down, again I use the bard, rezz the healer back immediately. to everyone in the RG Community, a Hearty Thank you for bringing me the joy of Everquest back into my life, it is truly the only game i left and missed and came back to.< it's my 1st girlfriend LOL>

This is just my opinion, but I think if you add a BeastLord, you'd be set...

Pal, Cleric, Bard, Monk, Zerk, BL (for the shaman buffs, EM pet, and MELEE buffs, while also providing another heal in pinch; in my experience paladins are squishier than war/sk, so this would help buff him up a bit and provide another solid melee synergy into a melee group)...

Then you can park your druid in POK/Guild Lobby and use it as needed for Ports and Whatnot. (campfire in the druid, AE TL to Guild Hall, use Guild Portal anywhere druid can't take ya)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)
I'm definitely going to have to look into this Beastlord thing. I might roll one with an SK, chanter, and wiz in my new group of bots.. Now to round out this second crew.. Got the tank, mez and boom covered. Need some heals so prob shaman this time. Grab a rogue for fun...

So SK, Enchanter, Wiz, Sham, Rogue.. What to do for that last slot?

I'm definitely going to have to look into this Beastlord thing. I might roll one with an SK, chanter, and wiz in my new group of bots.. Now to round out this second crew.. Got the tank, mez and boom covered. Need some heals so prob shaman this time. Grab a rogue for fun...

So SK, Enchanter, Wiz, Sham, Rogue.. What to do for that last slot?
Necro?

I actually keep my druid leveled for the ports, also don't forget druid skin + symbol = better a/c and more mana regen. also dru damage shield. the other thing I love is binds. later on, you can change your primary bind location, which in my case i actually have my druid bound in bloodfalls < ToL expansion> since getting there is a PITA, not hard just a pain. (( also wanna drop in here i didn't see anyone recommend a fellowship. It costs you nothing and the rewards are nice)) back to my scenario .. ill drop a grp member, invite the druid, and have the druid teleport bind .. everyone gets to bloodfalls, I drop a fellowship campfire, camp out the druid, and use fellowship to "bring" the other toon. my group make up is SK ,BERSERKER, BERSERKER, CLERIC, BEASTLORD, BARD. zerkers are massive DPS right now, and the 2 of them play off each other's alliance, especially with the bard over haste. and since zerkers are takers< meaning they take more buffs than they give, and the only thing they bring is da pain =))) the beast lord shared ferocity as well as shammy-Esque buffs stuff just melts
The other really nice thing is if it looks like a wipe, turn off the bard and use fading memories. (once you get that) the bard stays alive. there are rezz tokens available from the loyalty vendor and the overseer vendor, so once camp clears, bard rezzes back clr , and can start mana regen songs. OR worst case, everyone dies, remember that fellowship? well just release and fellowship back, and save the rezz token, and use bard as the lookout. again just my 2 cents worth. but there is soooo much utility that can be done in the game and this community is by far the BEST thing since sliced bread.
SiC, Redbot, knightly vorpal, just a few off the top of my head.. are SUPER helpful and easily explain anything. and they never get tired of us nubs =P they just point us in the right direction.
anywho WELCOME TO Evercrack, I MEAN Everquest and the Redguides family.

PS, those rezz tokens can be used in battle, so if the healer does go down, again I use the bard, rezz the healer back immediately. to everyone in the RG Community, a Hearty Thank you for bringing me the joy of Everquest back into my life, it is truly the only game i left and missed and came back to.< it's my 1st girlfriend LOL>
Rezz tokens huh? And campfires... Something else for me to look into. Do you know if the had them during omens of War? That's the expansion project lazarus is running at the moment I guess.

Definitely going to have to work on buttering up the wife. Once I get my subscription active I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose myself in botting and code for a while!

I'm not going to lie.. I had to lookup what BST even was... I'm so new I didn't realize beastlord was a class! I'll have to check out some videos on them and see what they can do.

Coming from other MMOs (WoW specifically), Rogues always seemed to be so dependent on positioning.. Amazing DPS, but you needed to be behind the target to executes backstabs and the like. Is the same true for EQ? Do the bots handle the mechanics well?

The more I read the more I think I should fire up another "Seal Team" of bots and get some more classes for versatility.. Levels seem to come fast, especially early on.. Hmmm
quick little thing on rogues. they dont have to be behind the target with the aas they get:) and u can actually just auto backstab with them. so it bs' everytime its off cooldown. use /autoskill backstab once it allows you to. i honestly dont remember what level u get auto skills for your melees. but they r useful. take away some of the button pushing for ya

quick little thing on rogues. they dont have to be behind the target with the aas they get:) and u can actually just auto backstab with them. so it bs' everytime its off cooldown. use /autoskill backstab once it allows you to. i honestly dont remember what level u get auto skills for your melees. but they r useful. take away some of the button pushing for ya
I had no idea /autoskill was even a thing! I'll have to see if it works on Project Lazarus. Do I need to use it on a training dummy or something?

Level 61 and higher is when you can get auto skills

Discussion - Hello! Introduction (Autobots Roll Out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back