• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - having troubles making this cast a spell (1 Viewer)

my set up

Page10Button4Line1=/Bct dicksohard //Stand
Page10Button4Line2=/Bct dicksohard //target id ${Target.ID}
Page10Button4Line3=/pause 60, //Bct dicksohard /Cast 1
Page10Button4Line4=/pause 80, //Bct dicksohard /Cast 2
Page10Button4Line5=/pause 100, //Bct dicksohard /Cast 12

My Q; is it 1 slash or 2 slashes BEFORE casting the cast command
not sure that this is a kissassist support question, but you'd be better off with a multiline. something like:

it is /bct overcompensating //do the thing

1 slash for the bc command 2 slashes for when eqbc is doing something

/bct overcompensating //multiline ; /stand; /target ID ${Target.ID}; /timed 10 /cast 1; /timed 40 /cast 2; /timed 70 /cast3

this would send your dude a bct to have him execute:
a stand
target ID a target you send him
in 1 second from the multiline do a /cast 1
in 4 seconds from the mutliline do a /cast 2
in 7 seconds from the multiline do a /cast 3

multilines all get executed at the same time, so you can use "timed" which is in deci-seconds, to "stagger" them

/timed 10 /say hi <--- this would /say hi after 1 second has passed
/timed 100 /say hi <--- this would /say hi after 10 seconds have passed

/multiline ; /say hi; /timed 10 /say hi after 1second; /timed 100 /say hi after 10 seconds; /timed 200 /say hi after 20 seconds;

to bct that, you just need the /bct, the charactername, and the extra slash like:
/bct toonname //multiline ; /say hi; /timed 10 /say hi after 1second; /timed 100 /say hi after 10 seconds; /timed 200 /say hi after 20 seconds;

using the multiline will allow you to only have to send 1 eqbc command to your toon, and not have to use the eq-hotkey pause stuff

Last edited:
WTH.....now i am really confused!!!!
can u wirte it out for me as if in EQ
ok if you'd rather use what you posted just move the slash to the correct spot.

it is /bct overcompensating //do the thing

1 slash for the bc command 2 slashes for when eqbc is doing something like:

/bct overcompensating //do the thing

Try this (i don't use the eq pause stuff, so all i'm doing here is correcting your slashes)
INI:
Page10Button4Line1=/Bct dicksohard //Stand
Page10Button4Line2=/Bct dicksohard //target id ${Target.ID}
Page10Button4Line3=/pause 60, /bct dicksohard //Cast 1
Page10Button4Line4=/pause 80, /bct dicksohard //Cast 2
Page10Button4Line5=/pause 100, /bct dicksohard //Cast 12

how do u enable the tracking feature on a toon?
what is the command ( show please) to turn a macro off........I know /plugin MQ2mage load.....
if you need to take an AFK break for a while, what is the command?
does this command: /mac autocleric ( still, work)......my cleric is just sitting there doing nothing

how do u enable the tracking feature on a toon?
what is the command ( show please) to turn a macro off........I know /plugin MQ2mage load.....
if you need to take an AFK break for a while, what is the command?
does this command: /mac autocleric ( still, work)......my cleric is just sitting there doing nothing
any macro you are running you can end with a /endmac or simply /end

a plugin, you would either unload it - like /plugin mq2mage unload or in the case of mq2mage, pause it - /mag pause on

re: autocleric - do you have a macro in your macrofolder called autocleric? I don't believe that is an actively updated resource on redguides at this time.

by "tracking feature" do you mean mq2map? like seeing spawns on your map?

/Thanks,......No I don't have auto cleric.
trying to bring up /tracking feature on SK, by typing /mq2track to track a mob
well, the plugin would be mq2tracking which is no longer built/maintained with Very Vanilla.

and just to clarify - /plugin pluginname load to specify you want to load a plugin and /plugin pluginname unload to specify you want to unload a plugin

Sic or CWTN,

I am trying to set up /mac kissassist so that all my toons
  1. auto-connect to server
  2. auto group
  3. Set the Main Tank as MA, and pullerTank, Pause's and the MT pulls after a short while
  4. All in 1 button press
Here is what I got so far:

line 1 /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99
line 2 /pause 90,
line 3 /pause ??
line 4 /pause ??
line 5 /pause ??

*can u help me out, using my format above

Sic or CWTN,

I am trying to set up /mac kissassist so that all my toons
  2. auto group
  3. Set the Main Tank as MA, and pullerTank, Pause's and the MT pulls after a short while
  4. All in 1 button press
Here is what I got so far:

line 1 /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99
line 2 /pause 90,
line 3 /pause ??
line 4 /pause ??
line 5 /pause ??

*can u help me out, using my format above
anyone can help you, it doesn't have to be me or cwtn.

1. you need to set up your eqbc ---> MQ2EQBC <--- kissassist doesn't need to do this
INI:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

2. ---> MQ2AutoGroup <--- I even did a video showing autogroup > here < kissassist doesn't need to do this

3. mq2autogroup can do this as well kissassist doesn't need to do this

4. /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99 <- this would issue a command that would have everyone in your group say "if i am not a ber or rogue, then i would like to start kissassist in asside role, assisting my assigned group's main tank at 99% health on the mob" - you don't need anything else in your hotkey if that is what you're trying to accomplish
4b. I gave you some examples of how to utilize multi-lines > here < or you can see my hotkey resource > here <

F**K ME !!!!

GRRRR.............not working

Page6Button8Line1=/bccmd connect 192.168.0.95.2112
Page6Button8Line2=/pause 90, /plugin MQ2autogroup load
Page6Button8Line3=/pause 120, /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99
Page6Button8Line4=/pause 200, /

need help
once you have eqbc setup correctly, you only need to have your autoconnect set - like the instructions show in the mq2eqbc link i shared - and then you don't have to worry about manually reconnecting --- it will auto magically connect when you log in.

once you have mq2autogroup setup you don't need to do that have a hotkey to load it. did you click any of the links or videos i showed? the autogroup video i shared shows you how to set it up as well as your group roles.

why do you have a random /pause 200, /

I think you should slow it down a little bit and take a peak at the information i shared.

Giving me fits !!!, watched all vid you sent me and still cannot figure it out!!!

What I want it to do:
I am trying to set up /mac kissassist hotkey so that one driver toon, give the command to:
  2. auto group
  4. All in 1 button press

Button8Line1=/bccmd connect 192.168.0.95.2112
Line2=/pause 90, /plugin MQ2autogroup load
Line3=/pause 120, /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99
Line4=/pause 200, /
line5=

* using my lines can somebody set me up, my toons are not doing anything and I am getting FRUSTRATED

First thing.....Deep Breath, padawn. I sense great frustration - so take a step back.

lets start with one thing first. EQBCS - You need to master this resource, and not get angry with it. EQBCS works perfectly. EQBCS2 is even better.

I will assume you have EQBCS loaded. if it is not loaded...none of this will work.

I take it your local network IP address is 192.168.0.95 Or did you just copy that number from somewhere? If you dont know what your ip address is - just use 127.0.0.1 which is the local loopback.

From each toon when you type this /bccmd connect 192.168.0.95 2112

Do you see each toon connecting to the EQBCS server? If it doesnt connect - post what error you get

Ok assuming each toon connected to the server we can move on to the next part.

EQBCS has an auto connect feature.

/bccmd reconnect on

Once you have done this once on ALL your toons...you never need to worry about putting the bccmd connect command into a hotkey.

Further reading - a guide to using EQBCS is posted here....

EQBCS Idiots Guide

Now have a play with EQBCS - and once you have it sorted we can move on to greater things. Post here when your ready

All toons connected
then you can setup your autogroup

To load the plugin type:

/plugin mq2autogroup

Then for the player you want to be the leader type:

/autogroup create

Then target all the players you want to add to the group and type:

/autogroup add player

If you want to set group roles target that player and type:

/autogroup set [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter]

for whichever roles you want them to have. A player can have more then one role.

Next time you login, the leader will invite the others and set the grouproles you added

Giving me fits !!!, watched all vid you sent me and still cannot figure it out!!!

What I want it to do:
I am trying to set up /mac kissassist hotkey so that one driver toon, give the command to:
  2. auto group
  4. All in 1 button press

Button8Line1=/bccmd connect 192.168.0.95.2112
Line2=/pause 90, /plugin MQ2autogroup load
Line3=/pause 120, /noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99
Line4=/pause 200, /
line5=

* using my lines can somebody set me up, my toons are not doing anything and I am getting FRUSTRATED
since you're now posting the same question in multiple locations. I merged the two threads.

once you have eqbc set up correctly, you only need to have your auto-connect set (and only need to do that once) - like the instructions tab show in the mq2eqbc link i shared - and then you don't have to worry about manually reconnecting --- it will automagically connect when you log in. Ta-Da one less thing to worry about.

once you have mq2autogroup setup you don't need to do that have a hotkey to load it. did you click any of the links or videos i showed? the autogroup video i shared shows you how to set it up as well as your group roles. Tada 2 and 3 less things to worry about.

why do you have a random /pause 200, / ? I'm still trying to understand what you are trying to do here, maybe just a typo.

I think you should slow it down a little bit and take a peak at the information i shared.

1. you need to set up your eqbc ---> MQ2EQBC <--- kissassist doesn't need to do this - this does not need to be in your hotkey
INI:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

2. ---> MQ2AutoGroup <--- I even did a video showing autogroup > here < kissassist doesn't need to do this - this does not need to be in your hotkey

3. mq2autogroup can do this as well kissassist doesn't need to do this - this does not need to be in your hotkey

4. [COLOR=rgb(26, 188, 156)]/noparse /bcga //if (!${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BER,ROG]}) /mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99[/COLOR] <- this would issue a command that would have everyone in your group say "if i am not a berserker or rogue, then i would like to start kissassist in assiste role, assisting my assigned group's main tank at 99% health on the mob" - you don't need anything else in your hotkey if that is what you're trying to accomplish
4b. I gave you some examples of how to utilize multi-lines > here < or you can see my hotkey resource > here <

if "if i am not a berserker or rogue, then i would like to start kissassist in assiste role, assisting my assigned group's main tank at 99% health on the mob" is not what you want from your kissassist hotkey, then that is the adjustment we need to do.

your hotkey will likely end up looking like:

INI:
Line1=/mac kissassist tank
Line2=/bcg //mac kissassist assist ${Group.MainTank} 99

this has kissassist start on the toon you're clicking the button in tank mode
this has the rest of your group, excluding the button pusher, (not just everyone except rogues and berserkers - which is what the code snip you shared before says) start kissassist in assist mode, assisting your main tank at 99% mob health

All toons connected

Give us a status update..im really curious.

• All toons connecting to EQBCS - Great
  • All toons Grouping automatically?
  • A Hot key or a little script u can run to make your toons start whatever they are running?

Lets assume you now have your Tank Set, and everyone is assisting when u are in combat.
Next thing you really need to learn will be about moving around with your toons following you when you want them to follow, and stopping when you want them to stop.

If you are using CWTN plugins as well as KA or RGMercs - then you can use Mq2Boxr to help pause or unpause.

Click on some of the links under SIC's signature there is a lot of good stuff there.

You are not going to WIN EQ overnight - so start slow. Take your crew to an old school zone and practice shit before taking on a big mission.

Once your moving about and making camps and stuff like that - then start to look at your ini's to improve your dps.

The key point is dont get frustrated.

Problem - having troubles making this cast a spell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back