• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - having a baby d00ds needs some advice (1 Viewer)

Abyss

RedCents
29¢
So my girl is 15 weeks pregnant, we won't know the sex of baby til her next sonogram which is in 2 weeks.

So I am here to ask my fellow gamers to help me pick out a boys name, we already have a girls name picked out which is skye lynn. Sexy name eh? Sleo ladies and gents lend me your bright wisdom!

I asked her to name the kid ocean, or cloud she said no wtf man, such a cool name.

According to an analysis of census data done by the popular economist Steven D. Levitt, here are the 5 most common "high-end" boys' names:

Benjamin
Samuel
Jonathon
Alexander
Andrew

You can add John and William to that list (popular among highly educated parents.)

Names common among low-education parents:

Cody
Travis
Brandon
Justin
Tyler

Levitt also extrapolated that in 2015, these names will be highly popular for boys:

Aidan
Aldo
Anderson
Ansel
Asher
Beckett
Bennett
Carter
Cooper
Finnegan
Harper
Jackson
Johan
Keyon
Liam
Maximilian
McGregor
Oliver
Reagan
Sander
Sumner
Will

(names taken from chapter 6 of "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" written by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner and published by Harper Collins)

Well, it also depends on your last name. If it's Johnson, you don't really want to name your son Harry. It just wouldn't be a good time growing up. Now, on the other hand, if your last name is Johnson, you could go with Hugh, or name him "Brian Ian-Greggory Johnson", which would making his initials B. I. G. Johnson.

In all seriousness though, you definitely should name him something that pleases both you and your girl, and that won't get him made fun of his whole life. You could go with the norms, or name him after someone who is close to both of you, like a parent or grand parent, or uncle or teacher who was very important in your life.

Overall, Congratulations man, we'll have a new hacker among us soon! =p

Sirandal, you win for mentioning Freakanomics. However, the obvious choices for boy names:

Goku
Vegeta
Raditz
Kheiron
Kratos
Fayt
Arthas
Altair
Uther
Ezio
Jim Raynor
Zeratul
Tidus
Cloud
Sepheroth

the list goes on

Well, it also depends on your last name. If it's Johnson, you don't really want to name your son Harry. It just wouldn't be a good time growing up. Now, on the other hand, if your last name is Johnson, you could go with Hugh, or name him "Brian Ian-Greggory Johnson", which would making his initials B. I. G. Johnson.

Worse name would be something like Bob or Billy to go with Johnson. Who'd want to have a nickname BJ? :D:D:D:D:D

I used to have a friend (he moved away 30 years ago) whose nick was BJ (full name Billy Joe H.), seriously. I didn't know what BJ stood for until about 10 years after he moved away.

Worse name would be something like Bob or Billy to go with Johnson. Who'd want to have a nickname BJ? :D:D:D:D:D

I used to have a friend (he moved away 30 years ago) whose nick was BJ (full name Billy Joe H.), seriously. I didn't know what BJ stood for until about 10 years after he moved away.

And then you remembered that it stood for "Billy Joe?"

And then you remembered that it stood for "Billy Joe?"

I didn't know it stood for Billy Joe either, until about a year before he moved away. We were around 5 to 8 at that time and we just called him BJ. I can't even remember why BJ in the first place. It's just that I thought his name was BJ until I learned it was Billy Joe.

I used to say that if we had a boy I'd name him Magnus Robot-Fighter, and if we had a girl I'd name her Aethelgifu (that's the Saxon version of Emily.)

However, we recently had our first baby girl, and we named her Grace instead (although her Korean name is Yeon-ah, which means "Lotus Child.")

Just remember that your kid might not hold your views , and he/she has to carry the name for the rest of their lives , at least give them a chance to not be mocked/taken the piss out of/reduced to a pschological wreck during their formative years .
On a plus note , gt1 is quite cool .

Figure out the name and then change it to binary. Make people think for a change.

You gotta be careful doing that .... we named our son Leviticus ... ended up with Levi on the birth cert.

You gotta be careful doing that .... we named our son Leviticus ... ended up with Levi on the birth cert.
you're supposed to complain that there isn't enough space for the name :P

Rich (BB code):
ftw :) that's one long first name...

Last edited:
Get a name in non roman letters such as
b8f7.gif
which is Hikari in romajii, means light, usable for both boys and girls. Boy had it as name in show like the original Macross (renamed to Rick in Robotech), and girl in Digimon series.

Unless the school staff is fluent in Japanese, getting that Japanese character in computer with only english keyboard would stump them. Nevermind getting it through Hospital for birth certificate.

If they complain, remind them they only got 1 character name, not 50 character long hard to spell hard to remember name like a few crazed parent would give their kids. I believe someone even got a dot-com name, which was killed and forced proper name by court.

Get a name in non roman letters such as
b8f7.gif
which is Hikari in romajii, means light, usable for both boys and girls. Boy had it as name in show like the original Macross (renamed to Rick in Robotech), and girl in Digimon series.

Unless the school staff is fluent in Japanese, getting that Japanese character in computer with only english keyboard would stump them. Nevermind getting it through Hospital for birth certificate.

If they complain, remind them they only got 1 character name, not 50 character long hard to spell hard to remember name like a few crazed parent would give their kids. I believe someone even got a dot-com name, which was killed and forced proper name by court.

That is a Chinese character (which Japanese use, like Korea.) Hikari sounds a lot better though than the Mandarin pronunciation (Gwang.)

That is a Chinese character (which Japanese use, like Korea.) Hikari sounds a lot better though than the Mandarin pronunciation (Gwang.)

I keep forgetting Japanese written language are based on Chinese language as a result of Chinese invasion of Japan many decades ago.

I think that's partly it, and also it's sorta like English using a lot of Latin words (and other languages.)

As far as Korea is concerned, they used Chinese characters exclusively for written language until they developed their own alphabet about 700 years ago.

Question - having a baby d00ds needs some advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back