• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Has anyone ever done a personal TLP/Quest? (1 Viewer)

purgatorypro

RedCents
277¢
So lately I've been thinking about starting new teams and working my way through all the expansions starting with classic like my own personal TLP on Test Server. Pretty much just filter out any out of era loot and work my way through the expansions as I've missed a lot of them over the years. Prob just use all spells/skills, AAs and AOC at 51 otherwise it's going to be a long time to get next expansion. Has anyone ever done anything like this or am I insane?

I started it once. But then I leveled up so fast that quests became useless. We are far overpowered now days
Yeah, other than epics questing might be a hard one, maybe just doing it for raid target achievements? Wonder how many 51's I'd need to take down Naggy and Vox on test?

If I were to do something like this, I'd not concern myself too much with doing everything in an expansion. Hit the high notes and then move on once you're overleveled

There have been several guilds that have done this on FV and other live servers.

It would be neat to see some loot lists that auto-destroyed loot that's out of era

I am currently doing this on Test Server.

I started 54 Toons and levelled them to 50.
Raided Fear, Hate, Sky, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, Ring of Fear This is basically the Conqueror achievement.
1687557637541.png
The Main Rule was you can only wear what you loot.

The only real annoying thing was all the ornate/intricate type armor that dropped and its so OP for the era - but Im also not getting epic 1 on any of these toons so a little OP is ok.

Ive now moved up to doing Kunark.
Killed Gore/Trak/Sev/faydedar/King Queen Prince in Chardok, VS, DS and then farm Veeshan Peak.

1687557492331.png

It just takes a bit of discipline to hold yourself to the right era but there are plenty of things to do.

It has taken me about 6 months to go through these 2 expansions and soon ill move onto Velious, and i expect ill be 6 months in Velious before moving on.
I recommend the exercise to everyone. The only time it gets frustrating is when trying to move 54 toons through some old zones with older meshes and stupid door mechanics like in Veeshan's peak.

I am currently doing this on Test Server.

I started 54 Toons and levelled them to 50.
Raided Fear, Hate, Sky, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, Ring of Fear This is basically the Conqueror achievement.
View attachment 49244
The Main Rule was you can only wear what you loot.

The only real annoying thing was all the ornate/intricate type armor that dropped and its so OP for the era - but Im also not getting epic 1 on any of these toons so a little OP is ok.

Ive now moved up to doing Kunark.
Killed Gore/Trak/Sev/faydedar/King Queen Prince in Chardok, VS, DS and then farm Veeshan Peak.

View attachment 49243

It just takes a bit of discipline to hold yourself to the right era but there are plenty of things to do.

It has taken me about 6 months to go through these 2 expansions and soon ill move onto Velious, and i expect ill be 6 months in Velious before moving on.
I recommend the exercise to everyone. The only time it gets frustrating is when trying to move 54 toons through some old zones with older meshes and stupid door mechanics like in Veeshan's peak.
Thanks Szazor. Yeah, I was planning on just setting the loot filter to not loot any defiant gear as I'll probably do the Epics. Did you need to do any resist gear crafting or were you okay with just the buffs on dragon raids?

I always thought , for lack of words, a leased server with the official server build or something , tlp style would be cool, like an official eq server you can host and if you wanna box hassle free or with just friends you could no questions asked

I always thought , for lack of words, a leased server with the official server build or something , tlp style would be cool, like an official eq server you can host and if you wanna box hassle free or with just friends you could no questions asked
That would be insane. Path of Exile does that for new leagues and I'm pretty sure they make a good amount of money doing so. Doubt we will ever see this, seems like all the companies who buy EQ are so terrified to try anything new that they just sit back and do the same ol same ol.

So lately I've been thinking about starting new teams and working my way through all the expansions starting with classic like my own personal TLP on Test Server. Pretty much just filter out any out of era loot and work my way through the expansions as I've missed a lot of them over the years. Prob just use all spells/skills, AAs and AOC at 51 otherwise it's going to be a long time to get next expansion. Has anyone ever done anything like this or am I insane?
Test has a perma-200% exp bonus, so may not be feasible. you'd cap super quick on everything

That would be insane. Path of Exile does that for new leagues and I'm pretty sure they make a good amount of money doing so. Doubt we will ever see this, seems like all the companies who buy EQ are so terrified to try anything new that they just sit back and do the same ol same ol.
yea I feel like private official tlp servers would at least bank them some money with absolutely no stress to the GM customer service end, if the hosting was left to the player like a minecraft server maybe? My kid had asked for a minecraft Server for his friends and it got me thinking, I didnt realize some games did that stuff. and i think for a boxing group of community that could be a mega cool idea

Question - Has anyone ever done a personal TLP/Quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back