• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Harvest Bot (1 Viewer)

.b00n.

RedCents
10¢
I am currently working on creating a Harvesting Bot scripted, or finding a really good one*. This is my first EQ2 script, but i have made certain small programs and such before. Please post with any suggestions, hopefully have a good one posted soon.

*just a note, if i dont like how something works, i make a better one :-D

This sounds cool. What program are you thinking of using? SoE has been busting lots of botters lately. I know they watch for people who run repetative paths, and whom don't respond to tells. I know some bot programmers have tried to write in GM protection, which automatically responds to tells. But I have heard of people being busted anyway, because the message came across odd, and it wasn't detected as a message for them. :)

Maybe you could script a sound to occur when a tell is recieved and just turn up your speakers.. that is if you are home anyways lol but yah know its just a thought.. it may work for a little bit of protection or a lot of work one..

bah said:
Maybe you could script a sound to occur when a tell is recieved and just turn up your speakers.. that is if you are home anyways lol but yah know its just a thought.. it may work for a little bit of protection or a lot of work one..

eh, i guess in theory it might work... but that does not prevent you from getting caught... im still working on it, and i have enlisted a friend to help, will let ya know soon, dont wanna spoil the suprise :-D

You're so right. I've heard otherMMORPGs such as WoW, have put in warden programs,, to sniff out known bots and hacks.

if nothing else it could help against other players reporting you anyways

i have been really busy with exams and the holidays, but yes, i have finished scripting the major part, just running the program for tests. I have not put in an "alert" because after many attempts, the script caused too many problems... Also, i am debating whether to just release the code immediately, or not... I will not post anything until i have a nice beta... sorry

If you want a copy, send me a PM or email, I am very upset with redguides at the moment... I dont want to be portrayed as an asshole, but i think I might be... I find it absurd how someone can post something very useless vs something very useful, and still get nominated in a poll... Sorry redguides... that doesnt seem right, I will continue to post here, but I have seen quality in EQ2 forums dropping

I find it absurd how someone can post something very useless vs something very useful, and still get nominated in a poll... Sorry redguides... that doesnt seem right, I will continue to post here, but I have seen quality in EQ2 forums dropping
I assume you are referring to me. I'd like to think my posts in december were helpful, and while this is between Red and myself, I turned down the december award if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited:
in no way did I intend to point out one person specifically, this has been a concern of mine in the last three months

Harvest Bot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back