• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Handling collection quests (1 Viewer)

RedCents
30¢
Morning all,

Still slowly getting into the swing of things with mq2. This morning I was doing mercenary quests in EoK for my new group, and realized there must be a better way to handle loot distribution of no trade quest items.

As I'm doing it now: loot X number (say 7) feathers on main, then right click and "give to" next character, and so on. I'm constantly having to tab over to recheck how many of what each toon needs. Furthermore to actually loot the items, since they are no drop, I'm also having to tab over and clear their loot window clicking "yes" to every warning about no drop on every.single.toon.

Can someone help me streamline this process please?

Big thanks.

Go into the Loot.ini fie and set things there,

ring=destroy
ring=ignore
ring=Quest|#

Last edited:
advloot doesn't handle stacks of items particularly well (actually, at all well). if you have a Quest|3 entry and a stack of 6 drops from a single mob, neither advloot nor MQ2AutoLoot will dole out half the stack to Toon1 and the other half to Toon2. That has to be done by you, manually.

Sometimes quests only drop the right number of items, so if you over loot , then you can't complete the quest on your xth toon.

advloot doesn't handle stacks of items particularly well (actually, at all well). if you have a Quest|3 entry and a stack of 6 drops from a single mob, neither advloot nor MQ2AutoLoot will dole out half the stack to Toon1 and the other half to Toon2. That has to be done by you, manually.

Sometimes quests only drop the right number of items, so if you over loot , then you can't complete the quest on your xth toon.

in situations like this I have usually read up on the quest before attempting it. You can set the .ini to quest item|ignore. This leaves it on the corpse and you can manually loot from there. Obviously if I don’t know ahead of time this doesn’t work. As I worked though epic quests this was how I handled it after my SK looted my cleric’s drop and I had to start all over 🤦‍♂️.

it’s not perfect and I’ve asked in the past if you can set an ini to where only a certain toon picks it up but I think the response was you can set classes but not toon names.

Question - Handling collection quests

Users who are viewing this thread

Back