• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Halo 3 (1 Viewer)

Eaglie

RedCents
Wasn't this inevitable? Yet I just spent three hours with my roommate figuring out how to catch someone in midair on the passenger platforms of the Hornet gunship.

This is of course a new CTF strategy which I'm sure will catch on.

Yeah I am also not all that excited about Halo 3. It could have something to do with the fact that I just shipped my 360 back to MS for the lovely red rings of joy and happiness.

Yeah I am also not all that excited about Halo 3. It could have something to do with the fact that I just shipped my 360 back to MS for the lovely red rings of joy and happiness.

Did that two months ago, and they sent us a new machine, so I gotta worry.

I personally like Halo 'cause it just lets my roomies and me play in the same room more easily. There is violence to be had in those situations.

There is violence to be had in those situations.

Hah, I remember back in college... me and one of my roommates came home drunk as skunks, and taunted our other roommate into a 3 player FFA match... couldn't get anyone else to play but him... and we're drunk as hell and he's sober and we're still owning up on him, and just start ripping on him unmercifully... and I don't remember what it was, but I found something to say that just rubbed him the wrong way, and kept saying it, and he flips out and slams his hand down on the cofee table in the dark (it was like 2am post bar and stuff) and there was a plate there... and it just *explodes* and he slices his hand wide open...

And we're like... holy fuck... are you bleeding? (we were drunk) oh my god... you're bleeding really bad... you better take care of that!

And he's like FUCK YOU GUYS I'M FINISHING THE GAME AND I'M GONNA FUCKING BEAT YOU DRUNK FUCKS!.... and he kept playing... bled all over the controller, still got his ass kicked, but he stayed in it.

Ah, competition among friends. Good times. Console fps ftw.

I remember a few drunken nights of Goldeneye back in the day that were quite entertaining. And I had a friend once punch a TV after getting his ass kicked at this dark rift game (I think that was it). Broke his fucking wrist. Good times.

I haven't really even looked at Team Fortress 2 as I never played the first one. I amused myself some last week with the quakewars demo but it's mostly been VG lately and a night I spent beating Heavenly Sword which was pretty decent for a hack n slash type game. I tried playing Lair but aside from the fact that the premise is amusing, the shitty controls and the fact that I think the game itself just looks shitty, I just can't seem to find many redeeming qualities...

Halo 3s single player really is just halo 1 & 2 tacked together, the massive deja vu attack of the last mission really emphasised that for me. The multi player is good though, even if it seems alot like the other halos (i haven't tried or figured out forge yet though). At least the story didnt piss me off like halo 2 (I remember finishing hl ep1 around the same time, with yet another cliff hanger)

I like the look of the coop mode too (playing it on easy with my friend made me wish i hadn't bothered with normal mode, hiding like a pussy every time you get shot twice gets tedious).

At the end of the day though, I cant see why it deserves all the high scores, it really is just another shooter, something the was kinda lacking on consoles when the original came out, but now they seem 10 a penny.

i knew this was coming out this month, and to show that im not a Halo nut, i bought a PS3 instead of a 360. so you might say that im not a Halo nut but a nut nonetheless. i like the ps3 more anyway. Bluray FTW!!!!

Halo 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back