• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide for levelling 30-50 (1 Viewer)

Zandravo_Najena

RedCents
Guide for levelling 30-50

This might not be very thorough, but if you want a general idea to think about and modify to fit your plans, you might want to read this if you are relatively new to the game. Eq2.ogaming.com is a good quest site, or ogaming.com for finding heritage quests or normal quests, since they have a ton of quests, and a heritage page.

At level 30, the Enchanted Lands are a nice place to level , for a few levels if you want to make some money while you are at it. I was level 30 and levelled there until 33, off and on with Runnyeye. The reason I was in EL is that there are heritage quests, and good normal quests. See bottom for quest site. The Foomby's Backpack quest is a nice backpack to quest for, Chomper is the rare mob, but I finished the quest in 45 minutes. There is also Serrated Bone Dirk heritage quest, that sells for 60 gold if you don't use it. Rivervale is a bit too high at this point, but Runneye is a zone that you might want to visit from 32 to 39. At 37 it starts to get slower if I remember correctly. Heritage quests are a good idea if you find one with good exp in the way, espcially if you don't have vitality. They also pay good money if you sell.

After Enchanted Lands at level 30-33 if you finish all the quests you want ( there are a lot lying around as well ), you should head to Runnyeye. Also note that Zek, Orcish Wastes has good quests, but I used EL mostly, but you should do some of the quests in Zek. Runnyeye is a dungeon in EL a little Northeast of the middle part of left side of map. Someone would be able to show you where it is easily. I would do the quests in Zek too but levelling mostly in EL. At level 33 you would probably want to start considering getting groups together and going deep in RE. There are also good quests in there. I levelled there until 36, however you could go to 39. I think 37 would be a good level to stop at personally.

When you are done in Runnyeye, you could go to Rivervale (good quests as well, also Heirophants Crook) or you should do the Feerrott access quest if you are not level 37. Once you get access to Feerrott, there is a zone on the other side of the map, at the very SE corner of zone that is named Temple of Cazic Thule. This is good experience until level 41 or 42 at least. There is a heritage quest named Screaming Mace that is very good, and all or mostly in that zone. It starts by examing and Ill-Fated Cleric Journal, or something like that, off a named mob just outside of CT named Agony, but they are sold on market. There are also many quests in the Feerrott if you wish to explore there for a few levels. Getting to CT is fairly difficult at level 37, if you do not have a horse, invis , sneak or a way of getting past mobs. I was a priest so I bought a 2 plat horse from guild discount. It worked out well for me, and with the temporary horse trick in the forum , as long as you watch out for water and don't die , then it is an easy way to get there. You could level in CT until level 45 if you wanted to but I do not recommend staying there past level 41 or 42, since you can access other zones, and are probably getting tired of it.

After you get done with Feerrott and CT, at level 41 or under you will need to do an access quest for Lavastorm ( NE part of EL, there is a protected dock that takes you there) or Everfrost (bell by the feerrott bell on TS docks), but you can go by the bell at level 42 or higher automaticaly. I would recommend being level 42 or higher for the dungeons Sol Eye in Lavastorm, and Permafrost (do perma before Sol Eye since it is so hard to get to ) in Everfrost. Permafrost has a statue room that pays about 6 gold per quest and they are EASY! There are ten of the statue quests. The last one pays about 10 or 12 gold, and then there is a quest in the middle to kill for named mobs(after you finish the 10 statues, they go in order) and you get 12 more gold, and also a very nice neck item. I would finish the statue quests in perma and get the item for the money and exp. There are also quests that drop there. I went to permafrost before I went to sol eye, because to get to sol eye you have to make a huge circle around the entire zone and run over a teleporter to activate it by the magolemus ( a named mob ) which is near sol eye ent. It is on the rim of a big lava pool. This is a very difficult point to get to and might take an hour. It was hard on a horse to find the way, and would be a good idea to get someone to help you there, or show you the way. You have to go through a temple, but that is not the right place, I recommend downloading eq2maps if you don't have it. This can be found at eq2interface.com. It shows where many mobs are for quests etc. There are some decent quests in Everfrost but they do not pay much. In lavastorm, I didn't spend any time (but you might want to quest there if you like quests) except running to the teleporter , that takes you right next to Sol Eye ent. After I finished permafrost I went to Sol Eye to level. There is some nice loot in Sol Eye, and an instanced zone, if anyone has access to it. It's the Bastion of Flame or something. It is where all the Efreeti are in the lava halls. If you go all the way down to the bottom there is a big room that has suspended lava walkways and is very fun, and you can reach Naggy's instance zone. This is good exp, and watchout for the Searing mob, (flying flame ball) it may drop a nice armor piece. Once you get in your high 40's you might want to start your prismatic quest. You will need a guild to help you do this. It starts off with a dragon language quest. You get this from Maiden's Gulch, killing a named mob. It is a good idea to join a higher level raiding guild if you haven't done so. They will be able to help you out in many situations and are fun to play with. After you finish dragon language you will speak to Naggy. Ogaming can guide you through all the quests you want. It is a very good site for quests, you just have to know the name or zone. I recommend looking at the heritage quests there to see what you should do. If anyone has a question about anything I am Zandravo on the Najena server, and you can send me a cross server tell, and I can explain in detail or any other question you might have about this post or anything else, I will do my best to answer.

Re: Rewards are in effect for May. POST SOMETHING PEOPLE!

A quick map to look at if you don't want to read all that... Ogaming.com, you should check and see if you will be going through somehting that is questable, and check out heritages. Eq2interface.com has eq2map which is a lot of help when finding mobs or quest items, or a zone your not familiar with...

Note that some levels overlap and you don't have to leave at that exact level. Just that is the range when you could.

Level 30-33:
Enchanted Lands
Zek
A little bit of Runnyeye.

Level 32-37'ish:
Runnyeye ( you could do Feerrott access and leave before 37, or stay later )

Level 37-42'ish:

Feerrott
Temple of Cazic Thule ( don't forget screaming mace heritage while your here )

Level 42'ish:
Everfrost - Head to Permafrost for statue quests and exp
Lavastorm - Head to Sol eye ( hard to get teleporter, but you just have to step on it ), for nice exp and some loot

Sol Eye and Perma should get you to 50, I am level 46 almost currently. Any questions at all - Zandravo on the Najena server ( could send cross server tell )

Sorry for this not being real organized in detail or whatever, but I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to post until I started typing. I was hoping this would give some of you a general idea what to ask about , or if you want to send me a tell I can answer your questions or do my best. Remember Ogaming.com!

Last edited:
Great post, Zandravo.

It's awesome to read up on other people's hot leveling spots. This thread also lists some pretty worthwhile quests to look into.

Also, for when you get closer to 50, there is a VERY easy quest to get access to Nektropos Castle: The Return ( AKA - Nek 2.0 ). It is elite exp and loot. You want to do this quest! You go to nek castle and run through it and kill everling, and when you come out of the first one, there is a person standing outside. He gives a quest named putting maltena to rest. This is a SIMPLE quest, you have to click on 4 things in 4 different zones. If you have invis, horse, speed, whatever, it will make this quest SUPER easy and worthwhile! You may not use access as soon as you get it but believe me it is awesome to have, since one person can't get an entire group in. If you are looking to get money, get access to Miragul's Menagerie, which can be found right under the docks in Everfrost, there are a pile of bones on the edge of the island the docks connect to. This is a small fun zone for loot. Maiden's Gulch is also a good place to go for loot. I have been told that you need access, but I haven't ever done an access quest and I have zoned in solo, so I am not sure on that one. I have heard that Icespire and Vault of Flames are also good instances to get loot in but have not been there. These are high level instance zones that are fun, and good for loot if you are short on cash. They have higher level instances as well, but I have to say Nek 2.0 is a blast!

If you are looking for some power regen items but not sure what they are , here is a start:

Robe of the Invoker: I am not sure where to camp this at, but they sell for 20plat, and if you can get ahold of the camp, I have been told it is around 20 power per tick.

Golden Efreeti Boots: This is a simple heritage reward, but you will need a guild that can take down Magolemus. These are 20 per tick.

Prismatic Weapons: These aren't a weeklong camp or anything, but you will need to read first post about quest. They are 12 power per tick with elite stats. Definetly do this if you have a capable guild! Starts off with the quest Talk like a dragon from MG!

There is a shield that I was told is fabled and drops, but I am unsure of the name, but the regen is 12 or 20 per tick.

Ring of the Nightblood: Drops off a named mob in EL that spawns once a week and has 12 power per tick regen. You can have two of these if you can find the mob.

Pretty much any question you have about a quest you can find on Ogaming.com.

If you need a map of a zone, or a map with points on it that show you where quest items/npc's are, go to eq2interface.com and get eq2maps!! It is a helpful tool that automatically updates if you download the updater, and shows you lots of useful information, as well as maps for zones that don't have maps!

I worked the nek area as well as thundering steppes. In Nek forest early 20's you can get dropped bones . Collect those and give them to the little guy near the citadel of gul thex. I don't remember his name right now but that will give you a little coin and also open a quest up that he will pay some gold for. Sorry I don't remember the dude's name but I am sure you can ask anybody and they can tell you. :-)

**NOTE**
if you are in the lvl 38 area, find an everfrost grp, maybe in lower 40's, and go do the hunting quests. Kill some ^^ creatures and turn in the quest for GREAT XP and 2gp a quest

Guide for levelling 30-50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back